You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

omaha

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
freezing freeroll starts soon people will need alot ov luck becasuse the blinds increase very rapidly but good luck to all . All i can say is hope my computer dont freeze like it allways does :)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    just proven im a great player to all u haters cashin in 2nd place lol
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    lol easy money against the opposition i just hate people slating my play including tkay about aa rag rag
    that said there needs to be more info about omaha as ive seen some ov the worst plays in my life in that tournament , maybe because its a freeroll but more to be said players should play every tourny wanting to win it

• edited January 2010
    Well done but makes me chuckle how your first post was saying you need a lot of luck, and then your second you've called yourself a "great" player for cashing.
  • edited January 2010
    yep you do need a lot ov luck and then GREAT was for cashing and proving to tkay as he critised my views basicallly and against the opposition it was easyer then i thought
  • edited January 2010

Please.

I never criticised your views. I said that it was a Thread for Beginners, & in that case, it was very wrong to suggest to new Omaha players that one pair is an adequate starting hand. As any seasoned Omaha player will tell you, it is not.

I don't want to go to war with you or anyone else Mr Bomb, but it matters greatly to me that the players on this Site who are new to Omaha, are given good, solid, basics. So my comments were in that vein, & I stand by them 100%.

As a general rule, it's probably not a good idea to go round flaming each other's play. The guys here have just started learning Omaha, & we don't want them being mocked.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time here at Sky Poker.
  • edited January 2010
    sorry tikay i thought u were critising . how do i deleate some blogs i will only try to give advice from now on
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha:
    sorry tikay i thought u were critising . how do i deleate some blogs i will only try to give advice from now on
    Posted by timebomb10
    No, I was simply making the point I made above. The last advice anyone should give a Newbie at Omaha is that one pair is a good starting hand - that's all.

One pair is NOT an Omaha starting hand by any measurable criteria. Even if it's A-A, it needs extensions, & ideally, to be DS.

• edited January 2010
    ovcourse can i ask how is your take on freerolls do u play them like any other tournament and want to win or play loosely as its free to enter
  • edited January 2010

hi tk played in the omaha freerole earlier for the first time .and found it very interesting. but i wont be playing it again untill they change the time bar to give you more time to make your decisions. trying to play two hands at once and put your opponent on a hand in the time given is very hard for a new omaha player

• edited January 2010
    ovcourse can i ask how is your take on freerolls do u play them like any other tournament and want to win or play loosely as its free to enter
    Posted by timebomb10
    I play them like any other Tourney - it would be disrespectful to other players not to do so, given my position here. To be honest, I only know one way to play. (Some would say "slowly", & they would not be wrong).
  • edited January 2010
    my thoughts exactly! tikay epwb made a good post on here maybe sky poker could help out
  • edited January 2010
      hi tk played in the omaha freerole earlier for the first time .and found it very interesting. but i wont be playing it again untill they change the time bar to give you more time to make your decisions. trying to play two hands at once and put your opponent on a hand in the time given is very hard for a new omaha player
    Posted by epwb
    That's a good point epwb, but it's not really as easy to implement as you might think, as it would require some major re-coding of the software.

It might help, however, if you had a good read of this thread HERE

Or this Blog HERE

Any questions - Post them on the Omaha Hints & Tips thread, & you'll get a whole bunch of good advice there.

Good Luck.