You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

If things are not going well at Poker...why not play some Bridge!

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
Sometimes i play poker and often play badly. Rather than carry on and donate my money to everybody, i go to Bill Gates excellent Bridge site (Bridge Base Online) and play the most skillful of all card games Bridge. 
I am a Bridge teacher/international and it is quite noticeable that Poker players make great Bridge players.
So why not try it out and when things are going badly you can still play cards but dont have to lose any money.
You can always play Poker the next day with your bankroll intact.
Cheers Derek
to give you an idea of what bridge is about go to  my club/blog www.bridgewebs.com/dereksanders

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Sometimes i play poker and often play badly.
    If poker players make great bridge players then why dont great bridge players make great poker players?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: If things are not going well at Poker...why not play some Bridge!:
    If poker players make great bridge players then why dont great bridge players make great poker players?
    Posted by Kazuko
                                                                                                                                                                                                         Who says they dont... Gus Hansen played bridge before poker. 

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: If things are not going well at Poker...why not play some Bridge!:
    In Response to Re: If things are not going well at Poker...why not play some Bridge! :                                                                                                                                                                                                      Who says they dont... Gus Hansen played bridge before poker. 
    Posted by Deek10
    How many sports can you play in the same team as your 77 year old Mum and win...only Bridge. Won British Bridge league Peebles teams!!!