You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

question from one of my tables tonight

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
ok so someone made the usual kind of comment at one of my games tonight of i folded 73 when the flop comes 773 and i said i dont think the shuffle by the rng works like that but i've no idea to be honest lol it was friendly chat with no bitterness from either side but it left me curious and i said i'd post the question on the forum.

So how does the shuffle work?

Is the flop predetermined (like a real deck) once the first card is dealt at the start of the hand?

or

Is the virtual deck being constantly shuffled?

or

Some other weird and wonderful method?

Comments

• edited July 2014
    First option I think (from what I've read on here previously).

So had he played his 7 3, he'd have flopped the world.

Lesson? Don't fold 7 3. Easy game.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to question from one of my tables tonight:
    ok so someone made the usual kind of comment at one of my games tonight of i folded 73 when the flop comes 773 and i said i dont think the shuffle by the rng works like that but i've no idea to be honest lol it was friendly chat with no bitterness from either side but it left me curious and i said i'd post the question on the forum. So how does the shuffle work? Is the flop predetermined (like a real deck) once the first card is dealt at the start of the hand? or Is the virtual deck being constantly shuffled? or Some other weird and wonderful method?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I'm pretty sure now there is manual intervention within the 'alleged' RNG. A flop of this kind (with manual intervention) after you had folded is designed to make more hungry to rectify your loss and hence deposit more funds.  
    From what I've seen happening in the short time I've been playing on sky poker, I don't believe for a moment that htere is no manual intervention within the rng algorithm...
    I'd look back at who made the comment and start looking them up. You might find a trail of information you did not expect...
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: question from one of my tables tonight:
    In Response to question from one of my tables tonight : I'm pretty sure now there is manual intervention within the 'alleged' RNG. A flop of this kind (with manual intervention) after you had folded is designed to make more hungry to rectify your loss and hence deposit more funds.   From what I've seen happening in the short time I've been playing on sky poker, I don't believe for a moment that htere is no manual intervention within the rng algorithm... I'd look back at who made the comment and start looking them up. You might find a trail of information you did not expect...
    Posted by dairac
    Thanks for this info Sherlock.

When does your investigation commence? Before or after you've lost your last £100?
  • edited July 2014
    At the risk of being boring and ruining all your fun the RNG just does not care what you have etc. Most of them work with several factors, Using the system clock as the first base point in Millioneths of a second to initially randomize the cards, followed by player actions and to the millionth when they fold raise etc. So in short the flop is not predetermined and is totally unpredictable. So when you folded 7-3 and the flop came down 773 be pleased, as had you clled then the flop would almost certainly have been something different.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to question from one of my tables tonight : I'm pretty sure now there is manual intervention within the 'alleged' RNG. A flop of this kind (with manual intervention) after you had folded is designed to make more hungry to rectify your loss and hence deposit more funds.   From what I've seen happening in the short time I've been playing on sky poker, I don't believe for a moment that htere is no manual intervention within the rng algorithm... I'd look back at who made the comment and start looking them up. You might find a trail of information you did not expect...
    Posted by dairac
    WOW - always one. haha

Please do let us know how the investigation knows.

When you find out it is manual - could you ask how I can apply for said job? With approx 10'000 hands anhour I would love to see the room and how many eyes and arms the successful candidates need to keep up with it. hahahahahah

Run well
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: question from one of my tables tonight : sorry baby, I decided to remove my funds. I'll use up my poker points on freeroll then get the hell out of here so as to not annoy you any more, good luck idiot...
    Posted by dairac
    I think you need more luck than me sunshine :)
  • edited July 2014
    i was on the recieving end of manual intervention once after being constipated for 5 days it's a dirty but surprisingly satisfying experience.

you should try it dairac, you might lighten up.

i'm sure one of the sky-team of manual interveners would be willing to glove up if you agreed to keep money on the site...
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by dairac
    FWIW, the bolded bit is one of the funniest things I've read on this fourm.

Can picture it now....Player A folds 73. Players B and C take a flop. But before this flop is dealt, the Sky Poker manuel interventioner (SPMI) has a lightbulb moment; player A will deposit another tenner if he interferes with the flop and makes it 7 7 3.

The flop falls 7 7 3.

Player A looks for his debit card.
  • edited July 2014
    dairac  0 322
    384 entered  2K bounty hunter
    manual man must have gone into overtime. lol
  • edited July 2014
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that's all I have to say.....
  • edited July 2014
    When u play on a fruit machine and u hold the two jackpots it never comes in,but if u dont hold them it comes in without fail so its just the same question but to be honest no one knows except the programme maker.and if we did know we would be rich.
  • edited July 2014
    When u play on a fruit machine and u hold the two jackpots it never comes in,but if u dont hold them it comes in without fail so its just the same question but to be honest no one knows except the programme maker.and if we did know we would be rich.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    You sound like you know what you're doing on these CHILLIE.

I've often heard people sayin they know how to beat a bandit, but thought they were talking nonsense.

It can be done? How did you crack it?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: question from one of my tables tonight : You sound like you know what you're doing on these CHILLIE. I've often heard people sayin they know how to beat a bandit, but thought they were talking nonsense. It can be done? How did you crack it?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You could beat a lot of bandits years ago when they were mainly skill based - eg - certain features would nearly always give jackpot if you could do the skill chances on them . Some ppl were better than others. Just quicker reactions and little things like knowing what signs to look out for when they were due a jackpot or a run. Some would pause , some would throw certain lines in, but that was back in the day before they flooded them with bar x,s and other totally random games
    (On some bandits the engineers who designed them would put a floor in it so if you played it a certain way you could empty them. They,d then sell the information on. Then it would get sold on again and again until everyone knew how to empty them and they,d bring out a fix, but you,d still know of a few tooked away in little towns somewhere and backstreet pubs). Everyone used to have books naming where certain machines were and travel the country playing them. This was when there were tokens as well so quite some time ago

As for the RNG on poker. The only thing i,ve never understood and i think i heard it mentioned on here . Still not 100% if its true. But different sites pay for different RNG,s and some are more expensive than others -but why?
  • edited July 2014
    As for the RNG on poker. The only thing i,ve never understood and i think i heard it mentioned on here . Still not 100% if its true. But different sites pay for different RNG,s and some are more expensive than others -but why?
    Posted by MP33
    I very much doubt it.

When someone is tasked with developing 'the poker client' for whatever site, from a coding point of view the 'RNG' / 'card shuffling algorithm' is so simple compared to the coding required for the rest of the client I don't see why anyone would go elsewhere or pay for it.
    You're probably talking minutes work. It would be like developing your own client but then paying someone to supply the code that displays 'Sky Poker' at the top of the screen.

Robust, unpredictable RNGs/Shuffling algorithms shouldn't be thought of as some magical technical wizardry that only a handful of people can do. From a coding PoV the programmer is hardly going to need their brain turned on.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: question from one of my tables tonight : You sound like you know what you're doing on these CHILLIE. I've often heard people sayin they know how to beat a bandit, but thought they were talking nonsense. It can be done? How did you crack it?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    everything mp33 says is correct theres even been times that people that play the bandits back in the day were banned from pubs and amusement arcades as they knew how to crack them,as for me i couldnt even crack an egg.