You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So near but yet so far

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I just had to put here about my last tournament play.

I just played a £2 bounty hunter tournament, just for a bit of fun cause normally my tournament play is not too good but now for the second time in 2 days I have made the final table in MTT's, I am absolutely thrilled, only thing was that I came 2nd went into heads up over double my opponents stack but unfortunately fall of the cards never went my way also, I do feel my heads up play is spotty at best, so unfortunately only came second but thrilled to have done it

This was mainly saying how proud I am of this as its a big achievement for me lol, but also if anyone has some heads up tips for me I am listening, I know its a big area of my game thats well spotty at best so any tips would be very much appreciated

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Practice makes perfect, just keep hitting that second spot and eventually it will be first spot.

Congratulations it's always good to hear of someone making their first strides towards tournament victory.

ps. Go to tikay's post '' READ THIS '' etc in the general poker chat and make a post.
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats,  Great feeling, isn't it,  wait a few more days and that Win will finally arrive Well Played

Was that the game I was playing in last night, got to the final table, a load of great banter from all in the game   A guy called  BIGsomething, was doing really well when i went out 
  • edited January 2010
    First of all, well done Spike. As Elsa said, eventually you'll take one down.

With regards to HU play, it's not exactly one of my strong points either but one suggestion would be to play some HU sit n goes to practice.
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations.
    I wish you continued success and I'm sure that there will be lots of it.
  • edited January 2010

I already know about this, but I'd like to officially say well done fella!! - Having seen u play I reckon these MTT's will be bread n butter to ya!

Keep it up!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    i play live locally, and out of 8 weeks ive made the top 3 5 weeks (top 3 get paid) out of my 5 weeks ive finished 1st 4 out of 5. this mainly because i play my opponents not my cards. im ultra aggressive every single hand putting pressure on them to call, they dont feel they can call unless they have a 'good' hand. despite me raising pre-flop with average hands. seems whenever i play heads up, momentum is key, if you win a couple of hands in a row, even if its by making your opponent fold, then the cards seem to hit you and you go on a roll. seriously, the likes of j-5 or k-2 may not look pretty but the majority of times you will be ahead, aggression is the key pretty much, nothing to lose, if you finish 2nd you know you went out fighting instead of dwindling away.