You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Floppy action.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
HAYSIE Small blind  150.00 150.00 6687.50
Big blind  300.00 450.00 18212.38
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

thebookie2 Fold     
hhyftrftdr Raise  600.00 1050.00 9280.00
smith1408 Fold     
MattBates Fold     
HAYSIE Fold     
Call  300.00 1350.00 17912.38
Flop

• Q
  • J

Check     
hhyftrftdr Bet  900.00 2250.00 8380.00
Raise  2700.00 4950.00 15212.38
Hand from Saturday nights turbo main.

Villain isn't someone I've played with much but I know he's a competent player and he's not got out of line on this table so far.
Bearing in mind it's pretty difficult for me to be behind, should I look to play for stacks on this flop? Or be 'brave', call the raise in position with just a PSB back and GII on good turns....

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I started hand with just over 9k, villain with about double that.
  • edited July 2014

as it stands the only behind to is a set as most itmes this player sounds like the one who will 3bet JJ or QQ.

The issue you have with the flop is he'll know this flop has hit a lot of your range so it's a question of weather or not he's willing to put such a large amount of chips at risk for a nut flush draw that could still miss?

if he was then I would ship the flop myself. but if he's going to fold nut flush draws you might as well show signs of weakness, just call that way he might jam the turn himself thinking you only had AJ or KJ also if the spade did come we would now have the perfect card to keep our chips safe from the dreaded set.

• edited July 2014

as well as nut flush draws I wouldn't yet rule out Ks10s either. so any 9 any K or any A spells danger too.

• edited July 2014
    I think guy turns up with Either KQ, Nut flush draw or a set 3's.

I made mistake of making a big fold in a turbo so I am now more likely to have mind set that I am getting it all in here, why else play QJ.

I would look at it that in the long run probably a pretty even split on hands we are up against, and seeing as favourite in most cases I put it all in there and then and get max value from KQ and the flush / open ended straights.

But what do I know? I waited all turbo for AA and busted haha

• edited July 2014
    Probably turned up with K9 and spades and got there :-)

Im getting that in yeah.