You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Very annoying that I will play too many of these to stand a chance of qualifying. But none the less one of the best promos i have seen on here for a while
  • edited July 2014
    I hope there are a tonne of collusion checks in place for a promo like this.
  • edited July 2014
    Minimum buy-in - £5.25 !
    Why?
  • edited July 2014
    Sick promo, will deffo be taking part.

Like Conor said, this is wide open to collusion so I hope TONS of checks will be done before any winners/leaderboards get announced.

Think the £5.25 BI minimum is fair enough just because of how huge the money involved is. 50 x £5.25 is only £25 of rake for Sky (£12.50 x 2 cos 2 people have to play the 50 games obv). Gonna take ALOT of people to get anywhere near to £20,000
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: HU Promo:
    I hope there are a tonne of collusion checks in place for a promo like this.
    Posted by bearlyther
    All necessary collusion checks will be in place throughout the promotion. 
  • edited July 2014
    Minimum buy-in - £5.25 ! Why?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Because £20k prizes will attract people whereas say £2k wouldn't.

I have to echo the comments made by others, very good well thought out promo which I am sure will dramatically increase liquidity in HU SnG.
  • edited July 2014
    Looks great. Minimum prize £500 if you make the top 16, rising to £5,000 if you can win another four matches. Well worth a try, I'm definitely gonna take a shot at this one.
  • edited July 2014
    Fantastic promo! Can see very little, if any flaws in this one. @ Jordz: If you get a really good ROI in your first 50 games, then it makes absolute sense to stop for the rest of the month because you'll have £500 locked up at minimum if the ROI is good enough to make top 16. Sure, it means you can't play for the rest of the month but £500 alone is probably going to be greater than the expected amount you would make if you continued playing for the rest of the month.

You could just maybe play other games instead, or play HU elsewhere for the rest of the month.

And if you don't get a good enough ROI in your first 50 games, that's good for you two - you can carry on playing for the rest of the month and possibly get a nice ROI given how much action HU should see over the next month.
  • edited July 2014
    On holiday :(

Might have to find some wi-fi :)
  • edited July 2014
    looks like a great promo.

think I'm doing the show that night too so hopefully a few forum regulars can make it to the last 16 to make it a bit more interesting!
  • edited July 2014
    Fantastic promo! Can see very little, if any flaws in this one. @ Jordz: If you get a really good ROI in your first 50 games, then it makes absolute sense to stop for the rest of the month because you'll have £500 locked up at minimum if the ROI is good enough to make top 16. Sure, it means you can't play for the rest of the month but £500 alone is probably going to be greater than the expected amount you would make if you continued playing for the rest of the month. You could just maybe play other games instead, or play HU elsewhere for the rest of the month. And if you don't get a good enough ROI in your first 50 games, that's good for you two - you can carry on playing for the rest of the month and possibly get a nice ROI given how much action HU should see over the next month.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

yeah that is very true and would make sense, only problem is i am on course for priority for the first time this month and i doubt i would make it without playing a ton of these, oh well il play my 50 and then see how i'm doing and then decide from there.
  • edited July 2014
    Are Omaha HU games counted, or is it just holdem?
  • edited July 2014
    I might be being dumb here so I apologise in advance if I am :) but is it based on winning % or roi?

Just a i have heard mixed answers but on promopage shows how to work out your winning %