You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

800m hand - sky poker to avoid collusion

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat

please skypoker introduce a rule that the winner should be from a 6 player table.  unless this is done we will see widespread collusion between like-minded players in sng HU games to fold rapidly preflop.  this is potentially a big danger to the success of your promotion.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    +1 aussie, Sky do need to look into that before the milestone hand
  • edited July 2014

similarly, the 798m and the 799m hands

the way to grossly increase your chances is to multi-table sng HU and rapid fold every hand.  don't even wait to see the hand number.  between two players, just rapid fold.

i make no comment about the winners already, i have no idea who they are and have no reason to think anything has occurred. i have not seen either of the winners before on the site.  probably new players.

the door is still open to people to open a brand new account, and alongside their partner, furiously fold every hand as it is dealt.  not a guarantee win, of course not, but one way of increasing the chance of winning ten-fold, twenty-fold or more.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: 800m hand - sky poker to avoid collusion:
    similarly, the 798m and the 799m hands the way to grossly increase your chances is to multi-table sng HU and rapid fold every hand.  don't even wait to see the hand number.  between two players, just rapid fold. i make no comment about the winners already, i have no idea who they are and have no reason to think anything has occurred. i have not seen either of the winners before on the site.  probably new players. the door is still open to people to open a brand new account, and alongside their partner, furiously fold every hand as it is dealt.  not a guarantee win, of course not, but one way of increasing the chance of winning ten-fold, twenty-fold or more.  
    Posted by aussie09
    similarily to increase chance of winning 800th million hand . follow the above suggestion
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: 800m hand - sky poker to avoid collusion : similarily to increase chance of winning 800th million hand . follow the above suggestion
    Posted by fliddyfish
    Ha ha yeah I hadn't even thought about this as an option until it was posted up... I've been meaning to challenge my brother-in-law to a HU session for a while now... (j/k, before people try to ban me for collusion!)

I assume this was part of the cause for the hands/hour speeding up so much in the 1-2 minutes before the 797m hand?

Don't think Sky can get around it tbh, how would we all know which hand is actually being paid out on?  I may then just fold hand ID 800,000,011 thinking the moment is passed, missing the opportunity to gamble for the win?
  • edited July 2014

solution:  just like freerolls do not count, hu should not count. 

the prizes go to the next hand, or the next.

• edited July 2014
    so what about the people who grind heads up all day? shouldn't i stand as much chance as anyone else? I never play more than 2 tables at a time so i would assume i would have less chance than someone who can 16 table cash games?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: 800m hand - sky poker to avoid collusion : Ha ha yeah I hadn't even thought about this as an option until it was posted up... I've been meaning to challenge my brother-in-law to a HU session for a while now... (j/k, before people try to ban me for collusion!) I assume this was part of the cause for the hands/hour speeding up so much in the 1-2 minutes before the 797m hand? Don't think Sky can get around it tbh, how would we all know which hand is actually being paid out on?  I may then just fold hand ID 800,000,011 thinking the moment is passed, missing the opportunity to gamble for the win?
    Posted by shakinaces

hi shakingaces,

you don't need to know the hand number at all.  just you and mrs shakinaces fold furiously.  afterwards you can check to see the hand number.  it might be that one of you won £5,000 and the other £100.  I am sure that you could see a way forward, no matter which one of you two won.

i know you were joking.  so using different names... the two players could be oscar pistorius and OJ simpson.  they might get away with it.

copyright aussie09

• edited July 2014
    so what about the people who grind heads up all day? shouldn't i stand as much chance as anyone else? I never play more than 2 tables at a time so i would assume i would have less chance than someone who can 16 table cash games?
    Posted by jordz16

hi jordz,

yes i undestand.  however you are going to be equally disadvantaged unless skypoker do something to eliminate the abuse that is inevitable.

• edited July 2014
    Seems very paranoid! There are going to hundreds of hands played out consecutively across several tables.
  • edited July 2014
    Seems very paranoid! There are going to hundreds of hands played out consecutively across several tables.
    Posted by jimb0d1

no paranoia jim.  just mathematics.

• edited July 2014

Guys - rest assured that we will make sure that (as with any promotion) we make sure that people are not abusing this offer.

We dont recommend you try this as we will spot it. If (and it is an if) the 800m hand did fall on a heads-up table, it would trigger more detailed investigations.

Just a reminder that for many of the parts of this promotion, the extra bonuses are linked to poker points earned in the hour and day before it his. Just folding pre would not get you points so you wouldnt benefit from that.

Good luck everyone.

Sky Poker

• edited July 2014

... and hu cash should not count too.

anyway, i need say no more.  gl skypoker.  fingers crossed.