You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dym bad play or unlucky?

edited July 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
devonfish5Small blind 200.00200.002002.50
xBig blind 400.00600.001390.00
 Your hole cards
  • A

GEDCATFISHFold    
LIONDAVEBFold    
devonfish5All-in 2002.502602.500.00
OGBLUEBOYx 1390.003992.500.00
devonfish5Unmatched bet 412.503580.00412.50
devonfish5Show
  • A

OGBLUEBOYx
  • Q
  • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

xWINPair of Kings3580.00 3580.0

Comments

• edited July 2014
    haven't got other players chip count.
    think 1 had around 1000 the other the rest.
    if i'd won this hand  by player x folding p/f  i would almost certainly cash but felt aipf  here with A rag was ok.
    although it could easily have been a fold too, as i still had 2000 chips left.

ps; i normally fold Ax  as my thought is only play it if needed, so maybe it's a fold looking at it.
         althouigh i always play the bubble strongly, as here, so maybe i'm being result oriantated this time as i've lost out this time?

• edited July 2014
    allin for sure
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: dym bad play or unlucky?:
    allin for sure
    Posted by bearlyther
    Thank you mate.
  • edited July 2014
    I would have folded the hand as you were in the bubble (I think I read that right), and it's a pretty weak ace. What are the chances of flopping a wheel, or a low pair- and then the question arises how to play the low pair (AA would have been soooo nice) - live to play another hand I say. 

It was unlucky that the table gave you nothing at all on that hand. Damn them cards and their fickle Mistress :)

Pudd x 
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Mate

I am folding there on the bubble with your stack

My reasons why:

A2/3/4/5/6 - what is calling you there? 66 and better PP, any better A or a hand that flops well like KQ, QJ, KJ even.

Then add to that the guy had only 3 BB left if they fold.... His calling range is super wide in the stakes we play.

I genuinly prefer to get it all in with KQ, and pocket pair hands over a very weak A

Yes you are ahead (always good) but as you know in the sng format we just want to survive and a 55 45.

Thats just me though - and sure you will see some much worse shoving when I play you - lets be honest - you wasnt shoving to get called :-)

• edited July 2014
    Need to know the other stack sizes Dev.
  • edited July 2014
    A3 ahead of BB's ATC.....gotta put him in I'd have thought....

If were not putting him in with an ace, we are folding to his blind almost every hand? It's the bubble, get the pressure on. Now is not a time to be passive.
  • edited July 2014
    thanks guys,
    my usual rule with AX  is if you don't need to play it, don't.
    so i guess that fits in here, but AX on my sm blind v big blind i'm ahead of his range most times.
    think it's close but prob a fold with my chip stack, gutted as it was the only game i lost too in this 6 game session.

yeah u r right nuggy whenever i shove with AX i'm always hoping they fold, if not at least i've shoved & that wins sometimes, which is where we have a slight edge when playing this hand this way, imo anyway.
    doesn't always work though  ha ha i always play the bubble super aggresive like here, doesn't always work out but it does in the long run.
  • edited July 2014
    Snap fold from me at this point.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: dym bad play or unlucky?:
    Snap fold from me at this point.
    Posted by FCHD
    So what hands are you playing blind on blind with 5 bigs?
  • edited July 2014
    I agree its a fold but what makes it more of a fold is the other stack sizes, you say around '1000,' how much? and is he posting BB next? If the bit in bold is correct then snap fold