You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A sincere apolgy

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all

I have been tetchy over the last coupe of days for reasons well documented previously, I am still not feeling brill, all I can say is SORRY, I will try hard, I promise :)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Cant say I've noticed Baz, but everyone is entitled to have a few off days no matter what. and it takes a man to notice his own mistakes and apologise.

so take care and hope things get brighter for you
  • edited January 2010
    Chin up mate. I dont post an awful lot but i always read the forum. Seems to me you've made a lot of friends on here, and friends are very understanding and forgiving. Keep up the good work Barry and hope you feel better soon. Mike
  • edited January 2010
    I echo the sentiments of cocasirf and fingers615 wholeheartedly. All your mates are here for you should you need them. Hope you're feeling back on top a.s.a.p.  john
  • edited January 2010
    Thought you'd been your usual amiable self Barry. Can't say I noticed anything amiss. Everyone gets a bit tetchy in the post Christmas period. I swore at that bl**dy squirrel for nicking the birds nuts again this morning and I didn't apologise afterwards. But I did send the cat out to get him. We now have squirrel up tree and cat sat at bottom ........ stand-off......... watch this space if things hot up.
  • edited January 2010
    Don't give It another thought Barry - we still luv ya x p.s Elsa, keep us posted - my money Is on the squirrel
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all

Thank you it does mean a lot, I promise, it was while I was doing some railing last night unfortunately :(, my friends will know who I was railing :)
  • edited January 2010

Bazza,

Of the short time i've been on Sky Poker, aswell as many others i can name i've found your good self to be the most helpful and friendliest person in the community - FACT!!!!

We all have our days when we feel a bit down, on and away from the tables but you do a tremendous job on here and long may it continue!!

• edited January 2010
    Can't say that I noticed Barry.
    I'd say that you on a tetchy day is probably a more pleasant encounter than many other people in normal mood.
    Anyway, hope that you feel better soon.

On a more important note, how's the squirrel doing, Alan?
    This forum has been denied reports on this for a long time - it must not be allowed to continue.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy:
    Thought you'd been your usual amiable self Barry. Can't say I noticed anything amiss. Everyone gets a bit tetchy in the post Christmas period. I swore at that bl**dy squirrel for nicking the birds nuts again this morning and I didn't apologise afterwards. But I did send the cat out to get him. We now have squirrel up tree and cat sat at bottom ........ stand-off......... watch this space if things hot up.
    Posted by elsadog
    I was only saying today that the squirrel in my garden must be hibernating as it's not been around - why is yours still bouncing around? Shouldn't he be asleep by now?
  • edited January 2010

Tracey!

Squirrels don't hibernate.

So if he's gone to sleep for a few weeks, I have some very bad news for you Tracey......

PS - Be nice to me, & I wont let this news escape "elsewhere"......;)
  • edited January 2010
    Ok sorry for the lack of updates. The squirrel is still up the tree with his nuts. The cat has been in to use the kitty litter (I know, I know but she's always done that) and the dog's taken over on squirrel watch. Thing is if it (the squirrel) comes down they'll never find it as we have 8 inches of snow on the ground. The cat looks like a nuclear sub going across the garden with it's tail up.

The squirrel has been joined by his mates, the doves, and the cat's backed off for a sleep.

For those who can remember this is a rematch. Last time the squirrel won by a technical knockout when the cat fell out of the tree. She is 18 and a bit wobbly.
  • edited January 2010
    Can't say that I noticed Barry. I'd say that you on a tetchy day is probably a more pleasant encounter than many other people in normal mood. Anyway, hope that you feel better soon. On a more important note, how's the squirrel doing, Alan? This forum has been denied reports on this for a long time - it must not be allowed to continue.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hi Vince

It was when I said sorry guys Ive had enough and went instead of the ususal off for a rest bah, blah :)
  • edited January 2010
    Ok sorry for the lack of updates. The squirrel is still up the tree with his nuts. The cat has been in to use the kitty litter (I know, I know but she's always done that) and the dog's taken over on squirrel watch. Thing is if it (the squirrel) comes down they'll never find it as we have 8 inches of snow on the ground. The cat looks like a nuclear sub going across the garden with it's tail up. The squirrel has been joined by his mates, the doves, and the cat's backed off for a sleep. For those who can remember this is a rematch. Last time the squirrel won by a technical knockout when the cat fell out of the tree. She is 18 and a bit wobbly.
    Posted by elsadog
    Anyone heard any more about those rampant rabid chipmunks that were over running the country?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : Hi Vince It was when I said sorry guys Ive had enough and went instead of the ususal off for a rest bah, blah :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Wow, that's a pretty major outburst - you really need to keep a check on that.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : Wow, that's a pretty major outburst - you really need to keep a check on that.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Lol
  • edited January 2010
    Ok sorry for the lack of updates. The squirrel is still up the tree with his nuts. The cat has been in to use the kitty litter (I know, I know but she's always done that) and the dog's taken over on squirrel watch. Thing is if it (the squirrel) comes down they'll never find it as we have 8 inches of snow on the ground. The cat looks like a nuclear sub going across the garden with it's tail up. The squirrel has been joined by his mates, the doves, and the cat's backed off for a sleep. For those who can remember this is a rematch. Last time the squirrel won by a technical knockout when the cat fell out of the tree. She is 18 and a bit wobbly.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thanks. That's the kind of incisive, "on the spot" reporting that I pay my licence fee for.
    I was thinking of witholding my next payment so you've stopped me from having to make a token gesture.
  • edited January 2010
    I hope your dog has been In training Elsa, coz I witnessed a squirrel give a large rat a right spanking recently. Vicious them squirrels
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : Thanks. That's the kind of incisive, "on the spot" reporting that I pay my licence fee for. I was thinking of witholding my next payment so you've stopped me from having to make a token gesture.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Happy you're happy. Should I give up the day job?
  • edited January 2010
    I hope your dog has been In training Elsa, coz I witnessed a squirrel give a large rat a right spanking recently. Vicious them squirrels
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    No problem, we have back-up in the form of our Ferret (Brian). Squrrels are Ferret-breakfast.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to A sincere apolgy:
    Hi all I have been tetchy over the last coupe of days for reasons well documented previously, I am still not feeling brill, all I can say is SORRY, I will try hard, I promise :)
    Posted by acebarry10

long  live  king  barry

your a top man baz,

can you teach me how to be tetchy m8,

pmsl.

over and out roborover
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : Happy you're happy. Should I give up the day job?
    Posted by elsadog
    Ecstatic you're happy I'm happy. :-)
    Will my licence fee cover your living expenses?

P.S. Sincere apology to Barry for hijacking his thread.
  • edited January 2010
    P.P.S. If it helps in your calculations I'm still claiming that I have a B/W television and I only pay a licence fee of 12s 11 1/2d
  • edited January 2010
    Sorry Barry. Thought the squirrel taking on all comers might give you a chuckle.
  • edited January 2010
    My fault please don't get tetchy with me Barry :o)

Don't worry Mere I'm cheap.
  • edited January 2010
    Tracey! Squirrels don't hibernate. So if he's gone to sleep for a few weeks, I have some very bad news for you Tracey...... PS - Be nice to me, & I wont let this news escape "elsewhere"......;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    How can you be certain of that?  There may be a few squirrels that are up and about - and the others may be sleeping. You can't know for sure. :-)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : How can you be certain of that?  There may be a few squirrels that are up and about - and the others may be sleeping. You can't know for sure. :-)
    Posted by Dingdell
    Tracey. If your squirrel has been "hibernating" for a few weeks, I have some bad news. He's brown bread. Expired. Extinct. Daisy pushing-up. Or, as some might say, "resting".

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : Tracey. If your squirrel has been "hibernating" for a few weeks, I have some bad news. He's brown bread. Expired. Extinct. Daisy pushing-up. Or, as some might say, "resting".
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think you'll find he's actually pining for the fjords
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A sincere apolgy : I think you'll find he's actually pining for the fjords
    Posted by oynutter
    He,s gone to meet his maker
  • edited January 2010

He's done with finding the nuts.
  • edited January 2010
    Hes definitley done nibbling his... oh never mind