You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Show Thread - Sunday 20th July

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat

Well hello again Sky Poker fiends! 

Good News – I am alive. I survived Vegas! I’m not sure how, but I did. For a whole 4 weeks and boy do I have some stories! You’ll have to watch the show to see how much I divulge…

Sunday night looks set to be an absolute corker of a show. Not only do we have the comedic legend Stapes back (not too close to me on the sofa I hope…)

BUT we also have the infamous table talker that is Will Kassouf.

If you haven’t seen his epic bluffing and rubdown against Vanessa Selbst, you really have missed out! This was EPT London and he sure got under her skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgNGLOQFFTs

He is here to answer any questions you guys have, whether it’s about general poker playing or how to really irk hugely successful poker players at the felt!

Sunday’s show looks like this: 

7pm-8pm

Live coverage from the master cash tables. 

8pm-10pm

Will joins us as we discuss early stages of the Super Roller. 

10pm-Midnight

Live coverage of the UKPC Final, with 5 seats guaranteed to the main event in August.

There’s going to be fun, games and competitions galore. Here are some reasons to get in contact with us:

• Send in your messages, poker questions or hands to be analysed by Joe or Will
  • Specific questions for our guest Will Kassouf
  • Send in a photo watching the new and improved live stream or playing on the mastercash tables on the go with the Sky Poker iPad/iPhone app
  • Play our ‘Guess the Hand’ competition to win a UKPC Semi seat for Monday night. Only entries on Email or Twitter will count – not on the forum and if there is more than 1 correct entry we will do a draw.
  • Tell us your Vegas/WSOP stories

Ways to get in contact: 

Here on the forum (apart from Guess the Hand entries) OR via email skyopen@bskyb.com or Twitter using #skypokertv

I am very excited about being back in the studio after being stranded in the desert for weeks on end. Will, Joe and I will be sure to be sharing WSOP stories too and I hope you’re going to be there to enjoy it and get involved with us!

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Saw the Youtube link first and hoped it was Ryan's video... Where might we find that, Laura? :)

Will you be playing on the master cash tables during the show?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Live Show Thread - Sunday 20th July:
    Saw the Youtube link first and hoped it was Ryan's video... Where might we find that, Laura? :) Will you be playing on the master cash tables during the show?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Ahaaaaaaaaa Poor Ry! I really have landed him in it haven't I?! You will have to watch the show to see if we broadcast it... I feel like he might not ever speak to me again if we do mind. It was so flippin' funny/cringeworthy.
    I'm definitely going to play mastercash on the show if I'm allowed and they stake me... I seem to get through my bankroll pretty quickly! Tips on how to keep it in tact would be appreciated?!
  • edited July 2014
    That would get under my skin because it was so needlessly obnoxious. How did Will profit in subsequent play? 
  • edited July 2014
    will is one of favourite players, always good for any game that he's in,

gets folk on tilt like you wouldn't believe,

does not get it quietly, one of a kind,

pls tell me he plays on skypoker!
  • edited July 2014
    will is one of favourite players, always good for any game that he's in, gets folk on tilt like you wouldn't believe, does not get it quietly, one of a kind, pls tell me he plays on skypoker!
    Posted by yoyo
    Looking forward to meeting Will, Julian as my table talk could sure do with some help. I made the players think I was so bad at the WSOP Little One, that one guy was advising me what to do each hand! Epic Fail! Hope you're feeling better now too :)
  • edited July 2014
    Yyyeah, think I'm going to have to go ahead and record this one! Should be a corker.

Will was ace on that EPT show. I really respect Vanessa, but when she gets a cob-on, which does seem to be quite often, it makes for very awkward viewing because it seems real - unlike the Hellmuth comedy blow-ups!

• edited July 2014
    We'll get Hellmuth on the show one day...
  • edited July 2014
    Looking forward to master cash and then the first hand is my brutal play, thanks for the analysis Laura & Stapes, I have no idea what i was thinking!!!!

It may not be the last of my terrible hands you see tonight
  • edited July 2014
     Loving the show guys.

Q for Stapes - "When ARE ya gonna get a decent haircut?"

Q for Stapes & Will - What are your fav starting hands?
    Pad
  • edited July 2014
    evening all good show

this sunday must be my lucky day.
    all week long i've suffered conistly from bad luck in MTTs leading me into a bit of tilt

so after all the negative tilt i've been having i could not have hoped for a better day to end it.

i've just got a decent prize in the 799freeroll
    in a BH things are going very well and now i've just got myself into the main event through an all in.

the only thing missing now is to win one of the 3 MTTs (main mini bounty hunter) "the main hopefully
  • edited July 2014
    hand request from the main event

when he donk leads the flop i'm now certain he is ahead, but it's too wide a range for me to give up that easy.

Q although i call the flop having called the flop to protect my chips was the call on the turn a step too far?

• edited July 2014
    Hi guys 

Enjoying the show.

I,m not suprised they won,t let you play the mastercash tables whilst doing the show as Orford blew the weekly budget in about 10 minutes on last show

Paul
  • edited July 2014

10:48 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 161 252 68 42  
    left 73 56 12    

cpfc_2010 12 25      
    Doooobs 13 23      
    PhilAny2_Q 22 21      
    matisback 31 55      
    munchkin00 38 4      
    arc2arc 52 48      
    POKEY2011 55 29      
    DivsDreams 61 50      
    lovejunky 64 11      
    Stewart1 65 44      
    dylan07 69 42      
    HAYSIE 72 18      

• edited July 2014
    We'll get Hellmuth on the show one day...
    Posted by Laura_C

Please don't. Who could cope with five hours of Hellmuth?
  • edited July 2014
    hi loving the show.. question for will and joe whats the most shameful thing you ave done or said at a poker table after a bad beat or big loss
  • edited July 2014

11:28 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 161 252 68 42  
    left 45 34 4    

cpfc_2010 2 18      
    Doooobs 9 29      
    munchkin00 18 5      
    PhilAny2_Q 23 10      

• edited July 2014
    Loved the show tonight, thanks guys.

Laura and Joe are always great together and I've really enjoyed Will's banter, the hand vs Vanessa Sbelts was legendary, a real example of how important speech play can be at the tables, not many brave enough to do that vs Sbelts.
  • edited July 2014
    Great show.

Shame Facebook photos aren't a regular feature. lol
  • edited July 2014

main     mini    

1 gadgerno1   1 toolofski    
    2 Essexphil   2 neenio    
    3 sam1986   3 SUPERSNEDD    
    4 winner5603   4 watty123    
    5 eardleym   5 cpfc_2010    
    6 cpfc_2010   6 DAVEYZZ    
    7 tamas   7 coombes01