You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHAT STYLE

edited July 2014 in The Poker Clinic
when I play aggro I get punished when I slow play I get punished whats the happy medium to not get punished?

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to WHAT STYLE:
    when I play aggro I get punished when I slow play I get punished whats the happy medium to not get punished?
    Posted by DrRunGood
    don't play
  • edited July 2014
    How your opponent are playing will determine that

At lower level cash I'd satay go with abc tag as your default. Value bet lots, bluff occasionally v villains you know can fold
  • edited July 2014
    It is all about mixing it up and playing each situation on its on merrit.

On a tight nitty table you open up but learn when to give up, 

If on an aggro loose tavke tighten up.

I would not reccomend slow playing hands unless facing a guy happy to bluff or go with marginal hands.  Pro lem with slow playing allows all other to catch up.

Try to force it to go heads up to flop with premium hand ljke Aa through QQ and AK and multiway with speclative hands such as suited connectors and medium pp for a set mine.

In poker is no correct standard style - it all about capitalising on your oppents mistakes.

Run well
  • edited July 2014
    This is more from a tournament point of view but I would say play the opposite way to the rest of your opponents at the table. However I would add that you need to find a style that suits you. Some styles of play don't suit players.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: WHAT STYLE:
    This is more from a tournament point of view but I would say play the opposite way to the rest of your opponents at the table. However I would add that you need to find a style that suits you. Some styles of play don't suit players.
    Posted by MattBates
    I have heard this lots of times and kind of see the logic but if we play the opposite to them they are then playing the opposite to us which makes their play correct to?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: WHAT STYLE:
    In Response to Re: WHAT STYLE : I have heard this lots of times and kind of see the logic but if we play the opposite to them they are then playing the opposite to us which makes their play correct to?
    Posted by jams88
    It's about the entire table. If everyone is playing very tight, then we can afford to be opening lots of pots because we will win them uncontested most of the time. If everyone is playing really loose though then we can sit and play more tight - that doesn't mean wait for premiums necessarily, just means timing your spots well so you can take down more chips uncontested.