You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SATURDAYS MAIN EVENT VOTE "ANTES"

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
A lot if discussion lately on Antes, Lets give it a go in the Saturday main.

£22  Deepstack  with Antes
£22  Turbo  with Antes
or
£22 Freezeout  with Antes

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I'm defo Pro-Ante!!

Or.....Anti- Anti-Ante!!!

Nice One Red!!
  • edited July 2014
    A Copy of Post of Mine from FOSP FB Group regarding Ante's..
    Bearing in mind there have been many comments previous......

"Antes.... A HitDonks View!

Having only really played on Sky Poker myself, in my short time relatively, playing Poker, it's something I have not had, so don't really miss them on Sky, ......as in the little bit of Pub Poker I have p
    layed!

However, as I always have tried to compete at the highest level, at any Sport I've played, I am missing out on this 'Ante' Experiance factor,  in this minor change, when stepping up, if I take a pop at UKPC, UKIPT, or most Live tournies at Bigger Venues!

Yes!! ....it's easy to work out the extra in the Pot,  pre, so increasing Bet-Sizing, maybe or not, or Stealing Earlier, maybe or not.....

But the Experiance of that 'Ante' Dynamic is not in my Poker Arsenal, due to Sky not Having them!

So ....if it is easy to actually install Antes on Sky, as implied, would it not be a good idea to add them to some of the major Sky Tourneys, or maybe Deeper ones, say 10/20% of MTTS, that may benifit from them.

The Impression I get, no offence anyone, is that some, [Few], of Poker Comminity regard Sky Poker as a 5/a-side football , rather than Premiership, (or for the middle classes, One Day Cricket instead of a Test Match, lol), sry, such an inverted snob, tis me!

I KNOW this is only an impression, but small steps can change an impression!
    ......and lots of small bites can EAT AN ELEPHANT !!!!!
    Which is what we want, Continual Improvement!

..........but you have to start taking those bites!

...............back to my view, I think Sky Are taking decent bites, & trying, but need to take slightly Bigger ones to keep happy some of their Customer base, and increase that Base as well! [Again No Offence Sky Bods!!]

So, If it's not Hard....Try it....

As to what lobbies then fill, People will vote with their Feet!
    As has been clearly shown in the Customer footfall on sites already..

Poker players can be an Impatient Bunch!

I for One, Love Sky Poker, and want My Experiance & Learning on it, to Give me My Best Game Possible, at all times!!

{Jeez, it needs it}

GL All, The Hitman

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SATURDAYS MAIN EVENT VOTE "ANTES":
    A Copy of Post of Mine from FOSP FB Group regarding Ante's.. Bearing in mind there have been many posts previous...... " Antes.... A HitDonks View! Having only really played on Sky Poker myself, in my short time relatively, playing Poker, it's something I have not had, so don't really miss them on Sky, ......as in the little bit of Pub Poker I have p layed! However, as I always have tried to compete at the highest level, at any Sport I've played, I am missing out on this 'Ante' Experiance factor,  in this minor change, when stepping up, if I take a pop at UKPC, UKIPT, or most Live tournies at Bigger Venues! Yes!! ....it's easy to work out the extra in the Pot,  pre, so increasing Bet-Sizing, maybe or not, or Stealing Earlier, maybe or not..... But the Experiance of that Dynamic is not in my Poker Arsenal, due to Sky not Having them! So ....if it is easy to actually install Antes on Sky, as implied, would it not be a good idea to add them to some of the major Sky Tourneys, or maybe Deeper ones, say 10/20% of MTTS, that may benifit from them. The Impression I get, no offence anyone, is that some, [Few], of Poker Comminity regard Sky Poker as a 5/a-side football , rather than Premiership, (or for the middle classes, One Day Cricket instead of a Test Match, lol), sry, such an inverted snob, tis me! I KNOW this is only an impression, but small steps can change an impression! ......and lots of small bites can EAT AN ELEPHANT !!!!! Which is what we want, Continual Improvement! ..........but you have to start taking those bites! ...............back to my view, I think Sky Are taking decent bites, & trying, but need to take slightly Bigger ones to keep happy some of their Customer base, and increase that Base as well! [Again No Offence Sky Bods!!] So, If it's not Hard....Try it.... As to what lobbies then fill, People will vote with their Feet! As has been clearly shown in the Customer footfall on sites already.. Poker players can be an Impatient Bunch! I for One, Love Sky Poker, and want My Experiance & Learning on it, to Give me My Best Game Possible, at all times!! {Jeez, it needs it} GL All, The Hitman
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    But surely the  real question is..

Do you like antes as much as you like exclamation marks? Just the 21 in your post (I may have missed the odd one)

:)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SATURDAYS MAIN EVENT VOTE "ANTES" : But surely the  real question is.. Do you like antes as much as you like exclamation marks?!!! :)
    Posted by Jac35
    No, Clearly!!!!!!!!

Exclamation Marks FTW !!!!!!!!!!

Back to OP pls!!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: SATURDAYS MAIN EVENT VOTE "ANTES" : No Clearly!!!!!!!! Exclamation Marks FTW !!!!!!!!!! Back to OP pls!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    But why?
    This has been debated countless times on here and so it would appear that Sky don't have any intention to add them.

I actually think it's a decent idea to try it out with 'the players choice' tourney and see what people prefer.
    I play live and online and it doesn't bother me either way
    A really good point was made in one of the previous threads on this. There is a a huge fascination with antes but the reality is that with or without antes, winning players will still win and losing players will still lose.
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Jac, this stemmed from part of a Debate on How to Improve The Sky Poker Experiance.

......part of it being, attracting/keeping, More & Bigger Players.

Sry, I have not seen any 'ante' threads here before, as I normally flat out busy, but have quiet afternoon today.

[PS Exclamation Marks, ZERO!!!]
    Jeez, FFS!!!
  • edited July 2014
    Great idea op my votes £22 freezeout with antes.  
  • edited July 2014
       has anyone else noticed 'Ante' come up on the software, esp when new software came in ?  . .i have seen a few times, so guess it may be the way forward.   .
  • edited July 2014
     HI J,
    Very good idea/point Jac as most tv poker programmes and books on poker have antes involved and the consequent defending of blinds for example are based, in part, anyway on mathematical chance and pot odds. Decisions made on whether to defend your blind etc may seem a loose call on tv but ,when the antes are considered, is not. 
    We are all trying to improve a little by understanding the reasons for decisions being made. Other sources of poker that we watch, read about or even play live have a different set of conditions to play to WITH antes so wouldnt it be easier to programme them into the software so we dont need to learn another set of default hands etc for each pot size.
    Just look at the party poker premier league on tv tonight which is very good i think but when another conditions, in this case, points per position over rounds, the players have to game solve and some are much better than others. Surely deepstacks would be a good place to experiment as they are most similar to everyday mtt's we see via the media.