You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is the Doctor in?

Hello to all

I wondered if the doctor was in, as I think I have gone bonkers (that being the technical term for my affliction). Having played on various small - low stakes games, turbos etc, I wanted to enter a PT. So, there were a few jargony words I didn't quite understand, so I posted a question - but then kept looking at the PT list. And, with all the impatience I could muster, have entered my first PT - Wish me luck 

I hope I don't bomb - but I will let you know how I fair - I genuinely have butterflies in my tummy, how silly is that :) 

Ok, here goes...........................................

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Not going to lie - I'm dying in there. 

The usual - I have 2 pair, there will be a straight or full house on the river - the flop has been killing me. 

Break for 5 and I will get back to it. Still, I made it to level 3 so far :) 
  • edited July 2014
    PT standing for poker tournament?

Don't worry about the jargon, it will come. Admittedly it can be a bit bewildering at first and I'm as guilty of using it as anyone. Generally tournaments are referred to as MTT's (Mult-Table Tournaments).

If you have any questions about particular terms, don't worry about asking. Someone will give you an answer pretty quickly. Best to use the "Poker Chat" section for anything other than posting hand histories themselves, though. Not too many people look through the other sections so it might be a while before someone spots it.

Good luck. Hope the tourney turns around for you.
  • edited July 2014
    In my first PT I came a non shameful 14th out of 27 - I am pleased with that. 

Could I have done better - of course, I could have won. But my early failings have purity and I will learn. 

Many thanks to TENTENTEN who was a super support and those on the table with us. Was jolly good fun and I will play again! 

PS. I hadn't played a single hand for at least 3 months before entering today, pleased as punch :)

Pudd x 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Is the Doctor in?: Ooo I will remember MTT's - thanks for tip Bor I appreciate the help :)

Pudd x
    PT standing for poker tournament? Don't worry about the jargon, it will come. Admittedly it can be a bit bewildering at first and I'm as guilty of using it as anyone. Generally tournaments are referred to as MTT's (Mult-Table Tournaments). If you have any questions about particular terms, don't worry about asking. Someone will give you an answer pretty quickly. Best to use the "Poker Chat" section for anything other than posting hand histories themselves, though. Not too many people look through the other sections so it might be a while before someone spots it. Good luck. Hope the tourney turns around for you.
    Posted by BorinLoner
  • edited July 2014
    wp pud glad to be of help you played well & hopefully enjoyed yourself hope to see you in the deepstacks again sometime soon they are a good low buy in tourney with a decent amount of chips in your starting stack normally with a good bunch of regs & recs & good table banter enjoy yourself & hope to see you again at a table soon best wishes TTT.