You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your colour codes?

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat

Obviously you can colour code other players one of these colours.

- Pink
- Orange
- Red
- Green 
- Yellow
- Blue

Only you see this yourself but what do you use each one for?

Do you use all of them or less?

For example, it could be something like this:

- Red = very good player
- Orange =  quite good
- Green = bad player
- Blue = tight player
- Pink = loose player

What's your version?

Comments

• edited July 2014
    yellow = loose,
    pink = slow plays
    red = good player
  • edited July 2014

I sort of work in order, progressively, from left to right, as the colours are displayed.

Far left (purpley colour) right across to far right (blue-ish), starting with the inexperienced players in purple, with "EXCELLENT" (blue-ish) at the other end of the scale.

I then add just a 1 or 2 word description - "solid", "atc", "station", that sort of thing.

The colour is all I need, really, & it works well, especially when multi-tabling, as I can see at a glance.

I think I have a colour code for every single player I've ever played against on Sky Poker.

• edited July 2014
    Yellow : Bad player
    Green: Really Bad player
    Pink: Really really bad player
    Blue: Really Really really bad player

etc
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Your colour codes?:
    I sort of work in order, progressively, from left to right, as the colours are displayed. Far left (purpley colour) right across to far right (blue-ish), starting with the inexperienced players in purple, with "EXCELLENT" (blue-ish) at the other end of the scale.   I then add just a 1 or 2 word description - "solid", "atc", "station", that sort of thing. The colour is all I need, really, & it works well, especially when multi-tabling, as I can see at a glance. I think I have a colour code for every single player I've ever played against on Sky Poker.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have a yellow halo around your avatar :-)
  • edited July 2014
    I have one around mine  :)
  • edited July 2014
    Roughly speaking...

Green and blue cover off players I think are weaker than me (one for maniacs and one for stations)

Red and pink cover off players I think are as good or better than me (nits and creatives)

Yellow and orange are a combo of holding colours (until I can push to one end of spectrum) or extremely creative players (that normally have a lot more written in notes)

I still don't use all this functionality as much as I should, but it's a great feature (about time some would say!) and I'm slowly filling / colouring in the blanks!
  • edited July 2014
    Pink - HitSquad of Course!!!

......Or Really Really Really Bad Players!! ....but Fun, lol
  • edited July 2014
    I still use the better old version so haven't used the colour codes yet!
  • edited July 2014
    I sort of work in order, progressively, from left to right, as the colours are displayed. Far left (purpley colour) right across to far right (blue-ish), starting with the inexperienced players in purple, with "EXCELLENT" (blue-ish) at the other end of the scale.   I then add just a 1 or 2 word description - "solid", "atc", "station", that sort of thing. The colour is all I need, really, & it works well, especially when multi-tabling, as I can see at a glance. I think I have a colour code for every single player I've ever played against on Sky Poker.   
    Posted by Tikay10

I have colour coded you brown, Tikay.

I don't think any explanation is needed.
  • edited July 2014
    i use the old kids game of hot and cold instead of the colours system but not for poker ability. i use it for spotting the age of my opponents. long story short tikay, one more cold winter and its game over grandad...
  • edited July 2014
    i use the old kids game of hot and cold instead of the colours system but not for poker ability. i use it for spotting the age of my opponents. long story short tikay, one more cold winter and its game over grandad...
    Posted by robertod
    I'm quite hoping you're a friend of Tikay, otherwise this is a tad extreme.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Your colour codes? : I'm quite hoping you're a friend of Tikay, otherwise this is a tad extreme.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    oh lighten up you waste of space. of course im joking and of course i hope tikay lives forever. are you one of those people who doesnt write christmas cards in case somebody, somewhere may find it offensive? do i have to leave a message after every post to inform you that its all off the cuff? jesus christ, you sound like a right laugh. get out more often. skypoker is NOT the real world... 
  • edited July 2014
    am i the only who has Purple rather than Pink?

btw could we have some more colours soon?

Black,Brown, dark Green and Pink :-P
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by robertod
    Oh my word Robert.

Be afraid tonight if we share tables, as we often do.

I say, BE AFRAID.

I am so going to bust you if it's the last thing I do......
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Your colour codes? : I have colour coded you brown, Tikay. I don't think any explanation is needed.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You don't have a colour code Orford, there is no colour for helpless, hopeless & hapless.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Your colour codes? : I'm quite hoping you're a friend of Tikay, otherwise this is a tad extreme.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Very kind of you to look out for me, but Robert is a "virtual" mate, we share tables & banter most nights. At my age, I think about the inevitable visit from Mr G Reaper constantly, but not at all sadly, I've got my bags packed, & clean knickers on, just in case. 

As a boy, I well remember a lesson my Dad taught me. He said "make sure you have clean underwear on every day, in case you get knocked over by a bus & taken to hossie".

And I used to think, "would it not be better to teach me road safety?"

• edited July 2014
    And a clean Hankie lol
  • edited July 2014
    And a clean Hankie lol
    Posted by Nannypat66
    Yes yes, that too.

You must be of similiar age to me.

It was standard in those days, before you left the house - "have you got a clean hankie?"

I wonder how many folks even carry clean handkerchiefs these days? They have to be ironed, too, oh yes.
  • edited July 2014
    Oh god....sounds like my mother!!