You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 24TH JULY *****

edited July 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

The Poker Clinic is returning to Sky Poker TV on Thursday night..... If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Evening Rich/Stu/Jamie.

Posted a DYM hand last week so thought i'd follow on with my theme. This is a £5,50 DYM and villain in Q is a recreational fishy type player.

Q1 - Should i just fold pre flop to avoid any trouble? I'm confident in my post flop game and do typically have an edge over each player on the table. It's a pretty hand :-)

Q2 - Bet bigger on flop?

Q3 - Raise sizing good on the turn?

Q4 - Is the river always a flat call or can we sometimes fold? Probably more player/board dependant but think this is a close call, do you agree?

Issue with the river play is that it is never a bluff, and that board smashes a big blind completing range vs a button raise. Flop call he could be drawing but the donk bet on the turn is really confusing, and we have the 2nd nuts + a redraw so think a raise is standard. When the board pairs and he fires so much in i felt sick. Does he get to the river with Q8/K8/A8 hands which i beat or will i often be behind here?
  • edited July 2014

10p/20p master cash table

the opponent is a reg and we share the same tables most weeks.

his hand range on the button will include suited connectors. the thing i still am trying to get an idea of is his aggression with draws as caller preflop.

Q. once a pot starts getting big are these too weak to continue?

also

Q. i get a top pair which has the chance of runner runner flush  if he is aggressive enough do i just check call the flop and see what comes on the turn?

Q. should i have given up all together on turn?