You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV Live this Thursday night on Ch 861 with Rich Orford, Stu Rutter and Jamie Burland

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat

That's been cropped about as well as your Big Breakfast haircut.

Comments

• edited July 2014

Not one. Not two. But three, count 'em, THREE people on the Sky Poker sofa this Thursday night.
    ORFORD, RUTTER AND BURLAND

There's me in the foreground at Dusk Till Dawn, Tikay in the middle and Jamie Burland in the background looking absolutely gutted about his table draw.
     And here's Stu Rutter- the only man in the world who got paid this year a jaw-dropping $125,000 for finishing 59th in any competition. 59th? Rubbish. Top 5 would have been respectable, but 59th? Embarrassing. Expect plenty of rubdowns throughout the night.

And here's the show
    7pm Live Mastercash coverage
    8pm- Top of the Pots – Top 10 biggest pots of the week from the Master Cash tables9pm- The Poker Clinic- Hand requests and hands taken from the poker clinic section of the forum and sent in by you guys on the night  

10pm Live Mastercash coverage- might hit the tables myself 

again this hour. Fill your boots!

11pm- Live action of the £10K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter!                  -----------------------------------------------------
    And here’s five ways you can get involved… 1) Send in your messages 2) Send in requests for your hand to be shown in the Poker Clinic (anything from a Mastercash table or TV icon MTT from the last couple of weeks). A chance to get the thoughts of a WSOP main event casher on your play! 3) Poker questions for Stu and Jamie 4) Have a go at our ‘Guess The Hand’ competition. Watch the show for more details. 5) Send in a Sky Poker selfie! (A photo of you playing or watching Sky Poker, or maybe even both- maybe using the new iPhone or iPad app!) We’ve got a seat into Friday night's UKPC Semi to give away for 'Guess The Hand' and a seat into Friday night's
    main event for someone drawn from the hat of all people
    who had a hand, selfie, or really good email/post/tweet shown- so be sure to get involved.
     On here please OR via email skyopen@bskyb.com or Twitter #skypokerSee you Thursday for the unholy trumvirate. Orford and B/utter!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live this Thursday night on Ch 861 with Rich Orford, Stu Rutter and Jamie Burland:
    That's been cropped about as well as your Big Breakfast haircut.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I have no idea what you're talking about...
  • edited July 2014

Have a good show guys.

Very well done Stu on your WSOP cash. I read your blog/report thread (next door) with great interest and must say it was one of the best pieces of writing from an event I have ever followed. I normally hate reading endless hand histories/beats etc but was gripped by your style of write up. Cheers.

Question for all....

As Stu experienced the whole 'bubble' thing in Vegas, together with all the razzmatazz that went with it, do you ever take this in consideration in a live game ? ie would it ever influence your thought process before making a decision to call an all in as you would know the vast amount of players left in the comp would see it?

Rich, I am sure you can use your presenter skills *cough* to word that question better.
  • edited July 2014
    Afternoon Rich look forward to the show.

Have posted a hand for the clinic on Louis' thread again. Will be in for the draw this time :-)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live this Thursday night on Ch 861 with Rich Orford, Stu Rutter and Jamie Burland:
    Afternoon Rich look forward to the show. Have posted a hand for the clinic on Louis' thread again. Will be in for the draw this time :-)
    Posted by Matt237
    Nice work Matt. Have already told Louis about it and I'm sure it will be on the show. Look forward to hearing from you again later hopefully.

:-)
  • edited July 2014

questions for stu

at the studio, have you now got the parking space nearest the entrance? 

and has redmond lee moved down two spaces, ryan spittals up one?

and is jamie burland still using the bus?

• edited July 2014
    questions for stu at the studio, have you now got the parking space nearest the entrance?  and has redmond lee moved down two spaces, ryan spittals up one? and is jamie burland still using the bus?  
    Posted by aussie09
    Nice!
    I was wondering the same thing actually...since I've been told to park in the Tesco carpark five streets away.

I shall give this topic considerable airtime tonight.
  • edited July 2014
    Good evening chaps. A hand for the clinic, if you please. This was the one big hand missed off the end of the last show:

800125425 Master Cash Table 22

Pre-flop, we have a 'monster' and we're obviously targeting the VILLAIN in the big blind. Frankly, I don't need such a good hand to take this player on. We raise, the VILLAIN calls.

On the flop, I'm not surprised to see the lead out. The VILLAIN likes to do this sort of silly thing with any piece of the board, so they can have a seven, ten or any draw.

On the turn, I'm starting to get a little concerned that the VILLAIN is still betting after getting resistance on the flop but I still beat alot of draws, the bet is only half-pot and I'm in position, so I peel off a river.

Now, on the river I know this VILLAIN will almost always check any weaker value hands than mine. I also think they give up on their draws after being called on two streets. So when the VILLAIN bets again, I pretty much know I'm beat.

One thing you need to know is that the button marked "FOLD" doesn't work against this VILLAIN because that means they win... and I don't like it when they win. 

So what do the chaps think of my raise size? I think I can get the VILLAIN to fold alot of better Tens here but I decided that going any higher would just be a waste of money when they happen to have a King or better.

Thanks gents. Have a great show.

• edited July 2014
    59th, even West Brom will finish higher then that this year!  

Just

Have a great show
  • edited July 2014
    59th in the Football League?  That'd be the mighty Oldham Athletic.  A very well done.
  • edited July 2014
    Fashion?  I'm waiting for ZZ top to come on to play sharp dressed man for you three
  • edited July 2014
    can you have al ook at this hand for me from tonights main the guy that called me was wild at the table he had jammed about 5 hands. just wondering how you guys deal with ridiculos and stupid bad luck  hand id 800649370 from the main event tonight
  • edited July 2014
    #800650386From tonight's mini.

Playing this I couldn't understand how I got myself into such a bad postion, but looking at it again, I don't really mind it.  Happy enough or fold pre?
  • edited July 2014
    Oooh, I though of a question.  I play poker at a desk with a dining chair and my back has been killing me this week.  How important to your bottom line do you suspect your desk/poker chair is?
  • edited July 2014
    Oooh, I though of a question.  I play poker at a desk with a dining chair and my back has been killing me this week.  How important to your bottom line do you suspect your desk/poker chair is?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Look on Ebay not just mainstream suppliers, mate. There are plenty of reputable companies that mainly sell on there and they're usually much better value. 

Try to get one with a recliner and shoulder support. If you don't mind one of the mesh-type chairs, you can even get one with a head rest. If you're not the tallest invest in a foot rest, too.

A good chair is massively important for a grind. It's also important for your long-term health. :)
  • edited July 2014
    I've got a question for Stuart, related to confidence in poker, particularly in the World Series of Poker

Despite having a few decent runs, the first half of the Series didn't yield too much in the way of cashes for you. Did that affect your confidence in any way, particularly as a number of those tournaments where you got close but no cigar were the bigger 10K buyins?

And then, in the run up to the Main Event, you scored two cashes within a week. Did that then give you added confidence entering the big one?

Or perhaps, to paraphrase Rudyard Kipling, can you treat triumph and disaster just the same?
  • edited July 2014
    Thanks for looking at the hand, chaps.

I really was wondering about the strategy of peeling down the streets and the raise size on the river. Obviously folding the river is optimal but... you know... it would be like Richard folding to Tikay.

Richard, I'll do you a favour and avoid you on the cash tables. I know your massive skillz won't need my donations. You should know that Anna didn't win a penny on Tuesday from anyone but me... and she finished more than £50 up... *sigh*
  • edited July 2014
    Thanks for showing my hand.
  • edited July 2014

10:20 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 342 505 115 34  
    left 22 98 2    

high_tea 5 6      
    wineli 18 55      

ps.  this is my last post of jackpot possibles.

• edited July 2014
    You called me a goldfish as a joke, but look at my avator :-)

• edited July 2014
                            10:20 PM main mini both % main in mini               entered 342 505 115 34   left 22 98 2                             high_tea 5 6       wineli 18 55                                                                                                                               ps.  this is my last post of jackpot possibles.
    Posted by aussie09
    I;m guessing he means just for tonight?
  • edited July 2014
    You were musing about goldfish etc. playing in "selfies" about 20 minutes ago, well the last hand shown from the Main Event was won by MattPrawn, so perhaps we've got a crustacean playing on the site?
  • edited July 2014

Congratulations to CRAIGCU12 who wins free entry in to tomorrow nights Main Event!

And congratulations to THEFILCHER who wins entry in to tomorrow nights UKPC Semi Final!