You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

who exactly intervenes in the RNG?

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
I read an interesting article recently about how the must be manual intervention in the RNG on Sky Poker because the algorithms do not seem possibly random. After similar experiences to that of the author I decided to withdraw my funds and refrain from depositing again. Sure enough, since I withdrew my funds I've not won a single tournament on freeroll, despite the fact that I did good on the £22 30min tournaments coming first several time. So who exactly is in control of manual intervention of the RNG within sky Poker?, is there a team dedicated to this? and howe much do they earn for their work? 

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to who exactly intervenes in the RNG?:
    So who exactly is in control of manual intervention of the RNG within sky Poker?, is there a team dedicated to this? and howe much do they earn for their work? 
    Posted by dairac
    I saw a job advert not so long ago in the Gambling Times, looking for someone to join Sky Pokers 'RNG Team'.

Job description included the following...

1) Look for recent winners and whilst the community cards are being dealt, climb inside of the RNG Machine and replace the river card with whatever is needed for the other player to win, thus giving the recent winner a badbeat.

The job is commission based only, so the more badbeats that they can give the more they earn.
  • edited July 2014
    The only one saying there is manual intervention in the RNG is you in all your posts so far.  Get over it.
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
    I read an interesting article recently about how the must be manual intervention in the RNG on Sky Poker because the algorithms do not seem possibly random. After similar experiences to that of the author I decided to withdraw my funds and refrain from depositing again. Sure enough, since I withdrew my funds I've not won a single tournament on freeroll, despite the fact that I did good on the £22 30min tournaments coming first several time. So who exactly is in control of manual intervention of the RNG within sky Poker?, is there a team dedicated to this? and howe much do they earn for their work? 
    Posted by dairac
    The only manual intervention was the IT guy who installed the software :)
  • edited July 2014
    I'm not sure who does it, but I've been looking for work lately. Had I known the position was going I'd have emailed Sky.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: who exactly intervenes in the RNG?:
    The only one saying there is manual intervention in the RNG is you in all your posts so far.  Get over it.
    Posted by cenachav
    Not so baby, many are thinking it but sadly very few are saying it or even 'seeing' it. The statistics -based on the strange algorithms- speak loudly, but some cannot see that and they are getting ripped off...rather than being aloud to indulge in some honest fun with honest results either way. regardless of their knowledge of the game.  
    That is very sad when you consider that Online Poker portrays itself as being honest.
    I guess you work for Sky Sports? 

• edited July 2014

MattDreams. (not to be confused with mattsdream)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: who exactly intervenes in the RNG?:
    In Response to Re: who exactly intervenes in the RNG? : Not so baby, many are thinking it but sadly very few are saying it or even 'seeing' it.
    Posted by dairac
    How do you know what other people are thinking if they're not actually saying it?

Have you ever played live poker?  Obviously that's rigged as well.
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by dairac
    ok, let's break this down.

1)  Please do not try to establish a truth in a question in order to base the answers around said 'truth' which is unsubstantiated.  There are no manual interventions as far as I know or that any evidence would suggest.

2)  The £22 timed MTTs you did well at had between 20 and 30 players.  These freerolls have between 200 and 300 players in them.  Of course it will be much harder to do well on a frequent basis in a field with much higher numbers, everyone would find this to be the case.

3)  Your first positions in the timed tournaments are not traditional wins.  You were the one with the most chips when play concluded and thus won the most money.  You didn't play the true later stages of a traditional MTT so we really can't count this as a traditional win.

4)  If you don't feel comfortable with your money anywhere then it's totally correct, proper and your choice not to invest.

Good luck in the freerolls and I hope you spin up a roll.
  • edited July 2014
    I read an interesting article recently about how the must be manual intervention in the RNG on Sky Poker because the algorithms do not seem possibly random. 
    Posted by dairac
    Ok, so where did you read the article then? Oh, I don't work for sky either
  • edited July 2014
    A repeat of a recent post I am sure?

When will people relise that you will never get better until you look at yourself instead of the operating system.

I think that all us serious community memebers should just mothball these posts and let them run as dry as the accusations!

Man come on - people now moaning about a freerole....... Not even I ever got that tilted !

Run well ( and by that if you take thay as run away someplace else.... will not chase after you ;)
  • edited July 2014
    The Sky Poker RNG has been independently tested and verified. As a result Sky states that it was found to be: completely fair, random and unpredictable.

One negative with the above test and verification is that it happened 5 years ago.

I would be interested to know if the auditors are still standing by the audit of 2009? My guess is that would be unlikely.