You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just as i was losing faith in my ability

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Good to hear mate, confidence is an important aspect in poker you must always have faith in your own ability for everything or else you will find yourself getting down and letting the game effect you in the wrong way. Think of the long run and not the short term. Congrats on your results

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Well the last couple of weeks iv'e started to doubt my poker ability, even though i know deep down i make the right decisions, but a recent run of bad luck has put a bit of a downer on what i know is a very exciting wonderfull game. Im not afraid to admit the fact i very neally stopped playing altogether on more than one occasion in the last few weeks.

So on my decided last deposit into my account i decided to sit down with no distractions and concentrate on my game, and it payed off =) firstly i entered the £2.40 - £1,500 bounty hunter sat at 6.30pm today which i finnished 7th i think which i was well chuffed with considering my recent form, and amazingly i shocked myself in coming 2nd in the actuall bounty hunter collecting tidy £170, a big shoutout to the winner JPDERRY who won it with an impressive overall game.

Not the biggest of pots to win but its put a bit of my lost confidence back in my game, taking great pride in finnishing 2nd out of 202

=)
  • edited January 2010
    Cheers, i have to admit that i was starting to lose confidence in my play, just had a run of bad luck, iv'e played long enough to know that the luck does even itself out just seemed like it owuld never happen recently lol
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats on your cash, JPDerry is a very good player.

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    concentration, i havent been playing online purely because off uni work combined with my tendency to lose concentration quickly. my staying power online has been awful but i could sit and play live all day. for me having a couple of tables open at the same time works so i dont have time to browse the net and get distracted. 

hopefully you should go on a good run now.......hopefully lol