You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah Sky not again

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
As a rec player here but from Ireland im not sure what to do now.

I am invovled with a group of 8 other players all bar me are grinders.

This is the second or third time I have talked these players into adding Sky to there schedule.

3 max I said and they loved the idea great mtt.

They would play the ukops and maybe the sunday main but not much else.

I always big up Sky and tell them the good points but my e-mail has been full tonight and its not good.

Players with at least 16 tables open worrying about probaly the lowest gtd payout.

All in all I cannot recommend Sky as a site again.UkOPS was bad but this was a great sellling point but again its a shambles. We all make mistakes but someone somewhere should be held to account. It really makes the site look ameauter.

I hate saying this and in no way mean this as a Sky Poker is rubbish post but something has to be done.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Ah Sky not again:
    As a rec player here but from Ireland im not sure what to do now. I am invovled with a group of 8 other players all bar me are grinders. This is the second or third time I have talked these players into adding Sky to there schedule. 3 max I said and they loved the idea great mtt. They would play the ukops and maybe the sunday main but not much else. I always big up Sky and tell them the good points but my e-mail has been full tonight and its not good. Players with at least 16 tables open worrying about probaly the lowest gtd payout. All in all I cannot recommend Sky as a site again.UkOPS was bad but this was a great sellling point but again its a shambles. We all make mistakes but someone somewhere should be held to account. It really makes the site look ameauter. I hate saying this and in no way mean this as a Sky Poker is rubbish post but something has to be done.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Tonite was a new low for me too Pat! 
  • edited July 2014
    Love the idea of the forum picking main events.

No other sites do it but surely (not the airport reference ) it should be workable.
  • edited July 2014
    I really think this is an overreaction. It was a mistake, that's all. As you said - it happens. The UKOPS three-max error was months ago. Does it throw a blanket on some of the games we were hoping to play this Saturday night? Sure, but there are plenty of others to be getting on with if you so wish.

Chill. Have a drink. Watch some bad TV, or watch some good TV. Orange is the New Black - great show :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Ah Sky not again:
    I really think this is an overreaction. It was a mistake, that's all. As you said - it happens. The UKOPS three-max error was months ago. Does it throw a blanket on some of the games we were hoping to play this Saturday night? Sure, but there are plenty of others to be getting on with if you so wish. Chill. Have a drink. Watch some bad TV, or watch some good TV. Orange is the New Black - great show :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    I don't think it is.  

It will have ruined alot of peoples whole nights poker. Some people who intended to play last night will probably never deposit on here again. On a Saturday night that's a big deal, as you're putting off the type of customer you need to attract. 

They'll tell their friends about their bad experience, it's really damaging when the basics keep going wrong.

People can debate antes, auto topup, rake races, sng sats etc all day, but when 300 punters pay for the showpiece games of the evening and their table doesn't open it reverses the effect of all these small positive improvements. 

I wasn't online last night but I'm not surprised to read about the problems this morning. It's all abit predictable now. :(
  • edited July 2014
    Didn't know about the earlier 3 max problem. If that was the last 3 max tournament they had and then the same happened here, it's a bit embarrasing really that the problem was never fixed.

They've had quite a few nights over the past few months where there have been site problems leading to no poker at all on that night. It's definitely more than just a mistake.

I was looking forward to the event and wanted to boost my chances of possibly outright qualifying for this MTT priority promo - now I've just got tonight left.