You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Muting players

edited September 2014 in Feedback & Suggestions
Thank you Sky for finally giving us the option to mute individual players while they are at the table but I feel it needs to go a step further. All I want to ask is when I mute a player individually then why is that player not muted when he is on the rail? It's unfair to have to turn off all rail chat for the sake of 1 or 2 idiots. Muting a player should be for all circumstances IMO.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Muting players:
    T hank you Sky for finally giving us the option to mute individual players while they are at the table but I feel it needs to go a step further. All I want to ask is when I mute a player individually then why is that player not muted when he is on the rail? It's unfair to have to turn off all rail chat for the sake of 1 or 2 idiots. Muting a player should be for all circumstances IMO.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I've seen a lot of pretty disgusting abuse at tables lately and have contacted sky about it on a couple of occasions.....

The process of doing it though takes to long and is distracting when your trying to play.... by the time you've got into chat with customer care and had to type in your details the process can take 5 minutes....       

Is it possible to have an to "call customer care" option? or come up with a quicker way to bring sky's attention to it? 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Muting players:
    In Response to Muting players : I've seen a lot of pretty disgusting abuse at tables lately and have contacted sky about it on a couple of occasions.....   The process of doing it though takes to long and is distracting when your trying to play.... by the time you've got into chat with customer care and had to type in your details the process can take 5 minutes....        Is it possible to have an to "call customer care" option? or come up with a quicker way to bring sky's attention to it? 
    Posted by EASYFIX
    Phone them. Much faster and easier. Customer Care 08000 724 777
  • edited August 2014
    I've asked before, is there any chance of a 'permanently mute player x' function please?
    To encompass their in-game chat, and if possible, their observer chat?
    I know it's not the end of the world having to mute a certain player at the beginning of a game, but things would be a little easier if they could be muted once and then forgotten about.
    Pretty please.

Ta
  • edited August 2014
    As someone who plays on 30 different sites, I would say the abuse you can get on sky is some of the worse on any site I have seen too.

What makes it worse is it seems to be 'teams' doing it, so one or two will start and their mates will come on the rail and join in.
  • edited August 2014
    Best not to tell anyone that your an outlaw now then mate lol
  • edited August 2014
    I've asked before, is there any chance of a 'permanently mute player x' function please? To encompass their in-game chat, and if possible, their observer chat? I know it's not the end of the world having to mute a certain player at the beginning of a game, but things would be a little easier if they could be muted once and then forgotten about. Pretty please. Ta
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thats exactly what I'm asking forMacagirl and not for the first time. I first asked about this when they started Beta testing the new software.
     I'd also like to know why we have this Feedback and Suggestions section when Sky don't appear to respond to any threads.
  • edited August 2014
    As someone who plays on 30 different sites, I would say the abuse you can get on sky is some of the worse on any site I have seen too. What makes it worse is it seems to be 'teams' doing it, so one or two will start and their mates will come on the rail and join in.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Really MrWhite? I think the abuse I see on here is relatively mild and less frequent compared to what you get on the likes of Stars and Full Tilt, although it has improved since the Americans were banned. They were definately the worse culprits in the past.

As for your suggestion of it being a team thing I think your way wide of the mark there. As VC of TPT I know that we don't stand for any of our members abusing others, maybe your seeing our members railing others in later stages of MTTs. We will support our own members but we certainly don't abuse other players or teams. I would like to think other teams have the same respect too.
  • edited September 2014
    Response to Re: Muting players : Really MrWhite? I think the abuse I see on here is relatively mild and less frequent compared to what you get on the likes of Stars and Full Tilt, although it has improved since the Americans were banned. They were definately the worse culprits in the past.  As for your suggestion of it being a team thing I think your way wide of the mark there. As VC of TPT I know that we don't stand for any of our members abusing others, maybe your seeing our members railing others in later stages of MTTs. We will support our own members but we certainly don't abuse other players or teams. I would like to think other teams have the same respect too.
    Posted by FlyingDagg