You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing Online with friends

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
A few days ago I was playing a table where two players from the same location were at the table. 
It came to my attention as we were on the bubble of a DYM that they may have been working together to both cash. There was situatuions on the bubble which were suspicious that they would ensure the lower of the stacks would win the pot.

I thought it would be an interesting topic of converstaion as to what is and isn't acceptable - do people see it as cheating or within the laws but unethical or are players completely fine with it and even turn it into their own advantage?

It got me wondering how common place it is and is it different to live poker? would be good to hear people's thoughts and experiences

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Well, 'the same location' as listed on Sky Poker avatars is far too vague. On most occasions this amounts to the name of a city, where there can be hundreds of thousands of people, a lot of whom will never have interacted with each other.
  • edited July 2014
    If they are actively working together then it is cheating and should be reported, if it was just a coincidence that they were at the same table and nothing was said between them and there was no very obvious cheating or chip dumping then it is just slightly unethical but not wrong as such
  • edited July 2014
    It was very obvious yes, I wasn't actually fussed as it was to their own detriment in the end as they was missing their own personal spots. Its more the topic in general I was wondering about 
    I agree, of course locations are always going to be vague, not that it means much but the place in question was only a small town. 
  • edited July 2014
    With players like that i always scope them to see how many of their last 10 games they've played together, use the find player function on sky to see if they're playing the same games currently and finally ask them directly in the chat box do they know each other.

I think asking them is a good one because regardless they are denying it but at least they know you're suspicious and may curtail any dodgy behaviour.

If still have suspicions after all that contact customer services. 
  • edited July 2014
    It's why I don't play the DTD Monday night events anymore, not due to co-operation between people from the same town, but got totally fed up with "teamwork" by teams. It just became stupid.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Playing Online with friends:
    It's why I don't play the DTD Monday night events anymore, not due to co-operation between people from the same town, but got totally fed up with "teamwork" by teams. It just became stupid.
    Posted by FCHD
    Quite an allegation.
    Obviously you can back it up?
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by FCHD
    Dunno about anyone else, but I can't wait to pinch chips from my stable friends. Highlight of my week is saying GG to Samantha25 when she finally bugggers off.
  • edited July 2014
    I love taking chips off teammates that's quite a pathetic assumption imo.
  • edited July 2014
    I love taking chips off teammates that's quite a pathetic assumption imo.
    Posted by Matt237
    What?
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by FCHD
    I play DTD most weeks, and that is absolute nonsense!