You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky SPT within the UKPC

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
I know there are no sats to the £220 UKPC game but This game is aimed (I assume) to the Sky regular recreation player. Therefore is it possible to create a lobby for it where you can buy in (Like the £1k game). For those who are trying to fund the game buy in by winning it on Sky poker it would be much easier to buy in rather than withdraw the money, put it in a dusk till dawn account to buy entry or then withdraw cash to take on the day.

I apologise if this has been brought up before but it seems a good idea to me.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Sky SPT within the UKPC:
    I know there are no sats to the £220 UKPC game but This game is aimed (I assume) to the Sky regular recreation player. Therefore is it possible to create a lobby for it where you can buy in (Like the £1k game). For those who are trying to fund the game buy in by winning it on Sky poker it would be much easier to buy in rather than withdraw the money, put it in a dusk till dawn account to buy entry or then withdraw cash to take on the day. I apologise if this has been brought up before but it seems a good idea to me.
    Posted by MacMonster
    Great Idea!!!!
  • SPTSPT
    edited July 2014
    There are Six Max mini satellite routes on DTD Online, hopefully everyone is aware of that by now

qualify via nightly 9pm satellites and use the token you win for the mini, the main event satellite final, or the high roller satellite...

• edited July 2014
    Thanks SPT

I am aware of that but as a Mac user DTD software is no good for me. So I try to win the money for the entry on SKy. Plus the satelites on DTD are to win a £250 token, I know its the same as an entry but to me a £250 token loses its "magic", much rather win a seat in the conventional way on Sky.

However the point of my question is that a lot of small players on Sky play exclusively on Sky and don't have a DTD account, also I think the idea of doing it through Sky gives it an SPT feel, and thats a feeling we haven't felt for a while.

Maybe its just me but as a small recreational player on Sky I like that SPT feeling :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky SPT within the UKPC:
    Thanks SPT I am aware of that but as a Mac user DTD software is no good for me. So I try to win the money for the entry on SKy. Plus the satelites on DTD are to win a £250 token, I know its the same as an entry but to me a £250 token loses its "magic", much rather win a seat in the conventional way on Sky. However the point of my question is that a lot of small players on Sky play exclusively on Sky and don't have a DTD account, also I think the idea of doing it through Sky gives it an SPT feel, and thats a feeling we haven't felt for a while. Maybe its just me but as a small recreational player on Sky I like that SPT feeling :)
    Posted by MacMonster[/QUOTE. I agree with all the points raised above,I would love the chance through sky to get to this "mini" event,I can sort of understand the need to push the main for business purposes,but the reply to this post reminds me of trying to get a problem solved and hanging on the phone listening to music...rather terse methinks.
  • edited July 2014
    Or perhaps even feels like if you are on hold to Tesco, being told you can get the same groceries at Sainsbury's
  • edited July 2014
    What day is this mini tournament on?

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/uk-poker-championships-2014

Looking at this, I can't see it anywhere in the schedule. There's a six max for £500+£50 entry but that's the cheapest?
  • edited July 2014
    What day is this mini tournament on? https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/uk-poker-championships-2014 Looking at this, I can't see it anywhere in the schedule. There's a six max for £500+£50 entry but that's the cheapest?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Morning Tennis Bloke.

The schedule you linked to is for the "regular" UKPC which took place earlier this year, in February.

The 6-Max schedule for August is HERE or you can find it on the Sky Poker Promotions Page.

The Mini has 3 Opening Flights, being Thu/Fri/Sat 7th, 8th & 9th, with the Final on Sunday 11th.

Note that it is a RE-ENTRY Tourney. Players from 1a can re-enter into 1b, & likewise from 1b into 1c. 1c also includes option for a single Re-Entry. 
  • edited July 2014
    As Ian (MacMonster) suggested in the op, wouldn't it be convenient to have entry for the 6 max mini through the SKY tournament lobby.  There would, however, need to be THREE slots, day 1a, day 1b and day 1c.
  • edited July 2014
    As Ian (MacMonster) suggested in the op, wouldn't it be convenient to have entry for the 6 max mini through the SKY tournament lobby.  There would, however, need to be THREE slots, day 1a, day 1b and day 1c.
    Posted by Dollie
    Morning Gordon, & I hope you & Mrs Gordon are hale & hearty.

Yes, it would be jolly convenient, but my understanding is that Sky Poker don't intend to do this.

As to your point about "Three slots", really, it is not much different to the 6-Max UKPC MAIN Event, which also has three opening days, & an almost (but not quite) identical Re-entry Format. In the Main, Re-Entry is available from 1A into 1B or 1C, & from 1B into 1C, however, 1C is a proper Freezeout.

Fort those who qualify via Sky Poker for the Main Event, they are, BY DEFAULT, all being entered into Day 1C. if, however, they prefer to play 1A or 1B, they only have to let Sky Poker know, & it will be arranged. 

There are of course pros & cons as to what opening flight people choose. However, I must advise everyone that Day 1c WILL sell out, there will be queues galore, & the place will be rammed full. Those who have pre-qualified or paid in, of course, won't have to queue, but they SHOULD arrive early, before play commences. 
  • edited July 2014
    I don't understand why Sky don't intend to do that? Fair enough if they won't allow satellites because they want to concentrate on the main event but putting the tournament up just so you can register will just allow people who want to register to do so beforehand without having to turn up on the day to register. 
  • edited July 2014
    I don't understand why Sky don't intend to do that? Fair enough if they won't allow satellites because they want to concentrate on the main event but putting the tournament up just so you can register will just allow people who want to register to do so beforehand without having to turn up on the day to register. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Would imagine it's something along the lines of Sky are sponsoring the 1k (main event).

Where as this game is a DTD game, as a part of the overall festival.
  • edited July 2014
    I would prefer to pre-register for the ukpc mini via the Sky lobby too.  I have now booked accomodation and would like to be assured of a seat into 1c of the mini.  The DTD lobby is very difficult for me to use as everything is in tiny font and I have restricted eyesight and I have failed in attempts to enlarge as I can on other applications. 
  • edited July 2014
    A great OP Ian and I completely agree with everyone's comments in support of it.

I also don't see why we can't register through Sky even if it is classed as a DTD event.  When Sky ran satellites into the GUKPT Summer Series (a long time ago) you were allowed to buy in direct to the main event so hopefully the same arrangement can be reached?

I would much prefer to be able to buy in through Sky too as that is where I intend to win enough money to buy in too. I know it is no hassle to buy-in through other means and I obviously will if needed as no doubt all the experienced regs will on here BUT if this is to be an alternative to a SPT it should be about attracting less experienced players who will not have a clue how to buy-in through DTD whether through their online shop or turning up at the actual card room.
  • edited July 2014
    Great post MacMonster

Again it has been exposed that there is no SPT, within the UKPC or otherwise.
    Comments from Sky peeps suggesting there is are purely disingenuous
    VLV
    TSP
    SPT all gone
    and Sky is doing nothing to deliver live events at the recreational community level
    and here is such an easy thing for them to do
    would get lots of goodwill for minimal effort
    and no cannabalisation of the UKPC
    but the reply is the same as always
    "not interested"

guess i'll stop here o/w i'll need to self-exclude myself again
    before I get forum banned
  • edited July 2014
    Hi all

I think it was made quite clear at the begining that sky was only going to sponser the main event. As some of you above had said if sky class the mini as an spt event it will seem like a cop out so for me makes little sense to open up registration. Sure like everything there is red tape to clear with dtd anyway for this? 

I agree, as a small time player would love nothing more than to jump on in to a sat for the mini. But disagree with those who want to earn money and register on sky. The dtd is simple to sign up, Why not use the main event final as your mini seat?

Register for it, win a spot into the fi al and cash for the £200 od quid and thats your buy in then withdraw and play. 

We all know spt is so good not because of who arranges it, its the sky community of players all there and the presenters that make it special!

And I am an optimist, sky not said no to an spt, just not committed to anything. Who knows.... watch this space!!

• edited July 2014
    I would prefer to pre-register for the ukpc mini via the Sky lobby too.  I have now booked accomodation and would like to be assured of a seat into 1c of the mini.  The DTD lobby is very difficult for me to use as everything is in tiny font and I have restricted eyesight and I have failed in attempts to enlarge as I can on other applications. 
    Posted by SoLack
    Have sent you a PM Paul.

Your Day 1C seat is reserved & guaranteed. This is nothing to do with Sky Poker, I'll sort it myself.
  • edited July 2014
    Great post MacMonster Again it has been exposed that there is no SPT, within the UKPC or otherwise. Comments from Sky peeps suggesting there is are purely disingenuous VLV TSP SPT all gone and Sky is doing nothing to deliver live events at the recreational community level and here is such an easy thing for them to do would get lots of goodwill for minimal effort and no cannabalisation of the UKPC but the reply is the same as always "not interested" guess i'll stop here o/w i'll need to self-exclude myself again before I get forum banned
    Posted by GELDY
    Morning Gelders.

Sky Poker have never said "not interested".

SPT did not run this year for several good reasons, including some Regulatory changes the GC made, which made for some difficulties given how Sky Poker manage SPT Buy-Ins. There was also increased business focus on UKPC, & a whole swathe of enhancements to the website such as Mobile Apps which are far more important in the longer term, have already yielded excellent returns, & are the reason the site traffic is doing much better than it was at the same time last year. So resources were primarily assigned to these things.

A full SPT 2014 had been agreed, including all venues & dates booked, but it all became a little awkward.

UKPC was a spectacular success, it delivered everything & more it had been designed to, far more in a single event that SPT had over all its years. The TV Series was also extremely resource heavy, but again, exceeded all expectations from a Business perspective.

For the record, I had a very positive discussion with the Suits last week at to plans for for "Live Events" 2015. These included 2 x UKPC & a few SPT's. Nothing has been confirmed or agreed yet, or not that can be made known, but those are the early plans.

I've had a fair bit of grief over the SPT, as has SPT-Rich. For the record, I very much regretted it not running this year, as I much enjoyed seeing all the regular faces & meeting new ones, but all things considered, I understood why. Resource has to be allocated on a basis of priorities. Ch 861 could most certainly NOT have covered SPT's this year, either, as the UKPC recording & Editing consumed all available 861 resource. 861 has also adjusted it's focus & targets in 2014. 

Fingers crossed, I am quite hopeful that we may see some SPT's in 2015.     

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky SPT within the UKPC : Morning Gelders. Sky Poker have never said "not interested". SPT did not run this year for several good reasons, including some Regulatory changes the GC made, which made for some difficulties given how Sky Poker manage SPT Buy-Ins. There was also increased business focus on UKPC, & a whole swathe of enhancements to the website such as Mobile Apps which are far more important in the longer term, have already yielded excellent returns, & are the reason the site traffic is doing much better than it was at the same time last year. So resources were primarily assigned to these things. A full SPT 2014 had been agreed, including all venues & dates booked, but it all became a little awkward. UKPC was a spectacular success, it delivered everything & more it had been designed to, far more in a single event that SPT had over all its years. The TV Series was also extremely resource heavy, but again, exceeded all expectations from a Business perspective.   For the record, I had a very positive discussion with the Suits last week at to plans for for "Live Events" 2015. These included 2 x UKPC & a few SPT's. Nothing has been confirmed or agreed yet, or not that can be made known, but those are the early plans.   I've had a fair bit of grief over the SPT, as has SPT-Rich. For the record, I very much regretted it not running this year, as I much enjoyed seeing all the regular faces & meeting new ones, but all things considered, I understood why. Resource has to be allocated on a basis of priorities. Ch 861 could most certainly NOT have covered SPT's this year, either, as the UKPC recording & Editing consumed all available 861 resource. 861 has also adjusted it's focus & targets in 2014.    Fingers crossed, I am quite hopeful that we may see some SPT's in 2015.         
    Posted by Tikay10
    I appreciate that it has been difficult for you and Tighty this year with all the questions on here regarding SPTs.
    Surely it would have been better if Sky had communicated this to us at the beginning of the year? We would still have been disappointed but I think that most would have understood the reasoning. 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky SPT within the UKPC : I appreciate that it has been difficult for you and Tighty this year with all the questions on here regarding SPTs. Surely it would have been better if Sky had communicated this to us at the beginning of the year? We would still have been disappointed but I think that most would have understood the reasoning. 
    Posted by Jac35
    I don't disagree, Paul. I don't think it was intended to not communicate, I think the decision just kept being deferred. That remains the case, actually.

In my little world, as a water-carrier sat quietly in the corner of the office, it's quite an important thing, but in the greater scheme of things there are far greater Business priorities.

But yes, I agree.   

• edited July 2014
    I would like to point out that the purpose of my thread here was not to have a go at Sky for the lack of SPT's this year but simply to suggest a way of making it easy for sky recreational small stakes players to buy into the mini UKPC event but noting that doing it this way gives an SPT feel to the whole thing.

• edited July 2014
    I would like to point out that the purpose of my thread here was not to have a go at Sky for the lack of SPT's this year but simply to suggest a way of making it easy for sky recreational small stakes players to buy into the mini UKPC event but noting that doing it this way gives an SPT feel to the whole thing.
    Posted by MacMonster
    Yes, I realised that Ian, but the thread sort of went off on a bit of a curve-ball tangenty thing, so I needed - or wanted - to reply.

See you next week. Another Final Table will do please, or even another win. ;)  

• edited July 2014
    but the thread sort of went off on a bit of a curve-ball tangenty thing 
    Posted by Tikay10
    sorry for that
    my point though, is that even though peeps are coming up with ideas to get some spt feel to some live events skypoker hasn't responded positively to any of them.
    And here MacM comes up with another interesting idea but seems to get no consideration from the suits. 

You do a great job, Teeks, and your response yesterday was most appreciated, but it doesn't hide a seeming neglect of community poker from upstairs. 

• SPTSPT
    edited July 2014
    Or perhaps even feels like if you are on hold to Tesco, being told you can get the same groceries at Sainsbury's
    Posted by FCHD
    if you need food and tesco's aren't offering what you want, its better to know that sainsbury's are offering it, than not being aware, i expect

you may not be aware, for example, that the DTD shop is currently taking entries for all UKPC events, main, sides (as well as satellites available)

http://www.dtdshop.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=17

i accept its not the sky lobby, and i can't do anything about that

but there is another supermarket that on this occasion can assist.
  • edited July 2014
    Thanks to Tikay for the pm and the detailed responses to other posts. 
    Thanks also to Rich for reminding me of the DTD shop method which is very easy to use.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky SPT within the UKPC : if you need food and tesco's aren't offering what you want, its better to know that sainsbury's are offering it, than not being aware, i expect you may not be aware, for example, that the DTD shop is currently taking entries for all UKPC events, main, sides (as well as satellites available) http://www.dtdshop.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=17 i accept its not the sky lobby, and i can't do anything about that but there is another supermarket that on this occasion can assist.
    Posted by SPT
    Hmm... I'm getting a message on my laptop saying the site's security certificate has expired and that there's no information available to indicate whether that certificate has been comprimised since it's expiration.

I'd like to play on day 1c in the mini too.

• edited August 2014
    Thanks to Tikay for the pm and the detailed responses to other posts.  Thanks also to Rich for reminding me of the DTD shop method which is very easy to use.
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi mr so lack, thanks for reminding me of this thread,thing is my wife and I are having grief with the bank account ATM, our PayPal/ ebay account was hacked and 600 quid was taken out,it is in the process of being refunded but you cannot begin to imagine the right palaver ang grief we have had in the process,so we are a little bit hands tied to be using the normal methods of payment and setting up account transactions etc etc,the bank is pretty much refusing to pay anything out of the ordinary at present. I have prolly left it too late but was hoping to get to the main via sats,this is summat I would really like to get into and was hoping I could just take it out of my skypoker account into dtd.
  • edited August 2014
    Yeah would have been easier for all Sky regs, but it isn't going to happen I'm afraid.  I have bought in via the DTD shop but I'm fairly sure you will be alright paying cash on the day but if you intend playing 1c of the mini I wd advise getting there early as there are likely to be queues.
  • edited August 2014
    Y eah would have been easier for all Sky regs, but it isn't going to happen I'm afraid.  I have bought in via the DTD shop but I'm fairly sure you will be alright paying cash on the day but if you intend playing 1c of the mini I wd advise getting there early as there are likely to be queues.
    Posted by SoLack
    Ok thanks for taking the time to reply, good luck in the tourney.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky SPT within the UKPC : Hmm... I'm getting a message on my laptop saying the site's security certificate has expired and that there's no information available to indicate whether that certificate has been comprimised since it's expiration. I'd like to play on day 1c in the mini too.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I'm getting this message too - did you find a way to sort it?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky SPT within the UKPC : I'm getting this message too - did you find a way to sort it?
    Posted by bromley04
    No, I haven't. Asked tikay if he could do the same jibby jobby he was able to for Solack and reserve me a seat but yet to hear back!! I guess if everyone started asking though it might get quite a big list. Going to email DTD now and see if I can get a response.