You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Bet Club

edited October 2014 in Betting Chat
Just received an email from Sky asking me to join the new Sky Bet Club:

''As part of the Sky Bet Club you can opt in to receive weekly free bets. Simply stake £25 in a week at odds of evens or higher and on Monday you’ll receive a £5 free bet! 

To continue earning free bets each week, just make sure you stake at least £25 at odds of evens or more. If you miss a week, you can get back in to the offer by staking £40.''

I think this a very poor offer given the fact you have to stake £25 for the sake of a measley £5 free bet, it's just not worth it and i'll be changing my bookmaker in time for the new football season.
Thoughts on the scheme?

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to The Sky Bet Club:
    Just received an email from Sky asking me to join the new Sky Bet Club: ''As part of the Sky Bet Club you can  opt in to receive weekly free bets . Simply stake £25 in a week at odds of evens or higher and on Monday you’ll receive a £5 free bet!  To continue earning free bets each week, just make sure you stake at least £25 at odds of evens or more. If you miss a week, you can get back in to the offer by staking £40.'' I think this a very poor offer given the fact you have to stake £25 for the sake of a measley £5 free bet, it's just not worth it and i'll be changing my bookmaker in time for the new football season. Thoughts on the scheme?
    Posted by whittle121
    cr ap

mine gives me £5 free bets on a regular basis just for having an account with them 
  • edited July 2014
    Last years free bet club was a hundred times better offer.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Bet Club:
    In Response to The Sky Bet Club : cr ap mine gives me £5 free bets on a regular basis just for having an account with them 
    Posted by vaigret
    correction mine gives me free fivers
  • edited August 2014
    Very poor compared to last seasons offer.
  • edited August 2014
    Last years free bet club was a hundred times better offer.
    Posted by goldnballz
    +1
  • edited August 2014
    Yeah I'm pretty annoyed with this scheme myself. Last year I was happy to stake £5 per week and it actually got me betting on plenty other stuff throughout the site that i normally wouldn't have done. Now we have to bet £100 per month, erm no thanks.
    Oh well, Sky just lost itself another cutomer.
  • edited August 2014
    sorry sky u just lost urself another customer
  • edited August 2014
    allways good to get offers ,but this does seem poor.come on mr sky,you can better that ...

• edited August 2014
    I am obviously in the minority because I think this promo is far better.The last one favoured those who bet little,this one those who bet more.The poker site rewards those who spend the most(and rightly so)so why should the betting side be any different?Some promos suit different people,this one suits me the last suited you.Swings and roundabouts.
  • edited August 2014
    There is variables in gambling horses football etc ie bog and sp.
    Oddschecker usually have sky low with multiples and singles.
    Very rarely odds will drift with fancied horses.
    I have £50 free next week and 2 out 3 horses that got gambled and 3 ((1 drifted)won which I bet on sky today BOG

• edited August 2014
    In Response to sky bet club:
    I am obviously in the minority because I think this promo is far better.The last one favoured those who bet little,this one those who bet more.The poker site rewards those who spend the most(and rightly so)so why should the betting side be any different?Some promos suit different people,this one suits me the last suited you.Swings and roundabouts.
    Posted by jackda
    I completely agree, you are in the minority because most people who use the site have an occassional small flutter... the idea of betting up to £100 per month to some people would seem crazy.
  • edited August 2014
    I'm with you joe
    Why would I bet 30/50 quid to get a £5 free bet a week my my daily bet is about 150 so this new offer of spending £250 in a week and get a £50 free bet is so much better for me but to get a free bet u guys need to spend £25 so that's basically less than £5 per day come on guys just say cheers sky 
    As to be fair to them there are worse offers with other bookies 
  • edited August 2014
    Im surprised skybet even have customers.

By far the worst odds in the business by a country and hardly any markets at all outside of the premier league

wouldn't use skybet if they offered me free money
  • edited September 2014
    Well don't use them then poker donk lol
    To be fair I've used a lot of bookies over the yrs and I think although limited sky is not that bad yes there offers are not great but they are not the worst customer services again could be better but def not the worst and as of odds go to odds checker in morning they are normally there or there a bouts the best but very quick to cut odds so u gotta be quick :-)
  • edited September 2014
    They are dreadful

My acca on saturday was 79/1 on here but was 113/1, 121/1 and 136/1 elsewhere (£570 diff for a tenner) 

I always put my accas in oddschecker before I bet to see where  the best value is and skybet are NEVER EVER in the top 10

EVER! 

comedy firm
  • edited September 2014
    I'm with you joe Why would I bet 30/50 quid to get a £5 free bet a week my my daily bet is about 150 so this new offer of spending £250 in a week and get a £50 free bet is so much better for me but to get a free bet u guys need to spend £25 so that's basically less than £5 per day come on guys just say cheers sky  As to be fair to them there are worse offers with other bookies 
    Posted by chefboy79
    Sorry its simply not good enough, im with OP.
  • edited September 2014
    In response to a previous poster, Sky Bet's odds have actually improved as of late... however, this is not the issue.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: sky bet club:
    In Response to sky bet club : I completely agree, you are in the minority because most people who use the site have an occassional small flutter... the idea of betting up to £100 per month to some people would seem crazy.
    Posted by whittle121
    And you have proof of this?
    Most people only play poker for fun do they not?Does this mean they should get the same rake back as those who grind and pay more rake?NO!!!!
    Your op is purely what affects YOU that's all,as I said b4 some promos suit some people better than others.