You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Premiership

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Hello everybody,

We launched the Sky Poker Premiership onsite today, although the promotion will not kick off until August 11th, you will be able to opt-in for the entire 7 week promotion now.  For those who haven't seen it yet you can view the page here:  https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-premiership

What are your initial thoughts? Is there anything about the promotion that is unclear or you don't understand that perhaps we can shed some light on?

Thanks,
Justin

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Make it 500 Points and then I would like it far more.

but it never seems right to complain about free money.  

Good promotion.
  • edited August 2014

initial thoughts = this is super-duper free brucey bonus promo
    just to be clear if I was to be drawn into team blue in week one.
    Is it possible to be drawn into tem blue in week two?
    do the teams keep the same player pool? or is it a random draw each week

Regards Alan

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership:
    initial thoughts = this is super-duper free brucey bonus promo just to be clear if I was to be drawn into team blue in week one. Is it possible to be drawn into tem blue in week two? do the teams keep the same player pool? or is it a random draw each week Regards Alan
    Posted by ajmilton
    Hello Alan,
    There is a random draw each week so most likely you will be on a different team every week.

Thanks,
    Justin
  • edited August 2014
    Saw the Premiership is back wiii & my heart dropped to see its been turned into a glorified rake race under a new  name :-(((.
  • edited August 2014
    Will you be able to see who else is in your team?
  • edited August 2014
    Will you be able to see who else is in your team?
    Posted by cenachav
    Yes all the teams will be posted.  There will be a link on the promo page to a forum post with a listing of all the players on each team every week.

Thanks,
    Justin
  • edited August 2014
    Is it 1 point in the league = 1 poker point earned by the player? I can't see it written down in black & white how else the points are scored, so it's effectively a group rake race?
  • edited August 2014
    Saw the Premiership is back wiii & my heart dropped to see its been turned into a glorified rake race under a new  name :-(((.
    Posted by belsibub
    +1

Yeah, gotta admit the old "Premiership" where we were assigned to a team and played each team in a round of games, freerolls for the winners etc. was a lot of fun.

LONG LIVE TEAM RED
  • edited August 2014
    Is it 1 point in the league = 1 poker point earned by the player? I can't see it written down in black & white how else the points are scored, so it's effectively a group rake race?
    Posted by FCHD
    Hello,

1 poker point earned = 1 point for your team.

The top 5 teams in terms of points will win cash.

Every week you will be placed on a new team.

The team you are on has a nickname associated with a Premier League team and if that Premier League team wins their Premier League match that week + you contribute 50pts to your Sky Poker Premiership team score you will get a 5 pound free sports bet.

Thanks,
    Justin

• edited August 2014
    I think it's a pretty good and generous promo-
    Shame the main promo is just a rake race between randomly drawn groups. 
    I don't think it will generate that much traffic, banter, team spirit, competition etc...
    but 10k a week is a nice prizepool.

It'd be cool if each team had a captain who could distribute their 'potential prizepool' however they saw fit to motivate their team.

Using the structure

1st Place Team - £4,000

2nd Place Team – £2,000

3rd Place Team – £2,000

4th Place Team – £1,000

5th Place Team – £1,000

Then 1% of the teams potential prizepool is £10-£40 for the top 5 teams.

You could literally have 100 fun competitions, last longers and challenges every week for the money put into this promo.

(But a randomly allocated few quid at the end of the week is still nice!)

• edited August 2014
    Sounds like a decent 1 in 4 shot at some free money each week.

I can't see it really getting into a proper rake race as there is no incentive for any one individual to try and drag their team along. In turn that means it won't be the same old faces winning the 20-60 prizes of a traditional rake race.

Probably works for Sky as well, as there is a bit more incentive for recs to put a little bit more on the site so they can scrape their 50pts and know that even if they lose 20-50 quid they may still get that back from the promo and breakeven...

...plus obv it might help generate a few more regular SkyBet customers and boost that side of the business.

Anyway, I'm in, hope I end up on a team with the likes of DTM in!
  • edited August 2014
    Sounds like a decent 1 in 4 shot at some free money each week. I can't see it really getting into a proper rake race as there is no incentive for any one individual to try and drag their team along. In turn that means it won't be the same old faces winning the 20-60 prizes of a traditional rake race. Probably works for Sky as well, as there is a bit more incentive for recs to put a little bit more on the site so they can scrape their 50pts and know that even if they lose 20-50 quid they may still get that back from the promo and breakeven... ...plus obv it might help generate a few more regular SkyBet customers and boost that side of the business. Anyway, I'm in, hope I end up on a team with the likes of DTM in!
    Posted by shakinaces
    The reason I like it. Not everyone can play long hours at high stakes.
  • edited August 2014
    I really like this promotion, am seriously looking forward to it!!

Having said that, as a Newcastle fan, if I get placed in the Sunderland team, I will probably stay away from Sky Poker for the duration of the promotion .. :/
  • edited August 2014
    Great promotion and suits everyones bankroll so the idea of 500 points is just saying it should be aimed at the grinders which is wrong,this promotion is aimed at all levels which i think is fair.The grinders will grind no matter what and the lower level players that play with a small bankroll can also win some free money win win all round imo.
  • edited August 2014
    best up my pointage of 26 last month lol 
    looks a gret promo gl all
  • edited August 2014
    How many players are in a team?
  • edited August 2014
    whoever gets Donttellmum in their team is guaranteed cash :-P
  • edited August 2014
    How many players are in a team?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    This will depend on how many opt-ins to the promotion.  All the players will be evenly distributed throughout the 20 teams.  You will be able to see your team and who else is on your team on Monday.

Thanks,
    Justin
  • edited August 2014
    I'm on rest period.  I'll be looking to see who's on my team before I decide to grind or not :-).  Plus, if there's loads of players on each team it won't be to much of an incetive.

Nice promo tho sky.  It's always nice to spread the wealth.
  • edited August 2014
    I'm on rest period.  I'll be looking to see who's on my team before I decide to grind or not :-).  Plus, if there's loads of players on each team it won't be to much of an incetive. Nice promo tho sky.  It's always nice to spread the wealth.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hey,

One thing to keep in mind about the size of the teams is that in order to get any piece of the prizepool you need to earn at least 50 points in that week.  If you do not contribute at least 50 points to your team you will not be eligible for your teams share of the prize.

Thanks,
    Justin
  • edited August 2014
    I like the sound of this promo!  Sadly for those on my team I took a lot of my bankroll out a week ago so was playing to only grind low stakes this month (decision made before I saw the promotion).
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Justin.  I'm sure if you seen you were going to be on a winning team but hadn't played much you could just quickly play one or a few Russian roulettes to secure the same prize as the guys who made 95% of the points.

I'm not moaning at all. Just a thought. I like the 500 point idea to qualify.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Justin.  I'm sure if you seen you were going to be on a winning team but hadn't played much you could just quickly play one or a few Russian roulettes to secure the same prize as the guys who made 95% of the points. I'm not moaning at all. Just a thought. I like the 500 point idea to qualify.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Ya that's a definite possibility...I wanted this promotion to be as inclusive as possible, especially at first...so I need to see how it runs for the first few weeks before potentially increasing the minimum number of points.

Cheers,
    Justin

• edited August 2014
    Thank you for the quick reply. Keep up the good work :)
  • edited August 2014

500 points a week would make it unplayable for a whole bunch of people.  I will take part at 50 points, will be fun.

• edited August 2014
    500 points a week would make it unplayable for a whole bunch of people.  I will take part at 50 points, will be fun.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Pleased to hear, gl with it. I'm going to get the 50 points too.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership : Pleased to hear, gl with it. I'm going to get 50 points a minute.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    FYP.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership : FYP.
    Posted by belsibub
    lolz

Just the 50 full stop...... Last month nearly ended me
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership : lolz Just the 50 full stop...... Last month nearly ended me
    Posted by Donttelmum
    It probably took longer to chuck on these few posts than it would take you to earn the 50pts?

Maybe if the pts requirement does change it perhaps staggers the prizes - ie 50pts gets 1 x payout, 500pts gets 3 x payout, 5,000pts gets 9 x payout... or whatever multiples, so Sky get the benefit of more regular players pushing themselves to get to the next level... rather than putting in the code and then just playing their normal volume.

Meh who am I kidding, still a great promo to get the recs playing a bit more and getting their 50pts requirement which is what is most of benefit to SkyPoker :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership : It probably took longer to chuck on these few posts than it would take you to earn the 50pts? Maybe if the pts requirement does change it perhaps staggers the prizes - ie 50pts gets 1 x payout, 500pts gets 3 x payout, 5,000pts gets 9 x payout... or whatever multiples, so Sky get the benefit of more regular players pushing themselves to get to the next level... rather than putting in the code and then just playing their normal volume. Meh who am I kidding, still a great promo to get the recs playing a bit more and getting their 50pts requirement which is what is most of benefit to SkyPoker :)
    Posted by shakinaces

listen to this man