You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sharkscope

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
currently i don't pay anymoney at all, what i'm wondering now but is as i now play a lot of MTTs each day would it be good value for me to maybe pay the extra $12 for 150 searches each day and get a decent idea of which players know what they are doing in the late stages of MTTs and which ones are likely only in through pure luck?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to sharkscope:
    currently i don't pay anymoney at all, what i'm wondering now but is as i now play a lot of MTTs each day would it be good value for me to maybe pay the extra $12 for 150 searches each day and get a decent idea of which players know what they are doing in the late stages of MTTs and which ones are likely only in through pure luck?
    Posted by craigcu12
     Totally your choice Craig. SS can't tell you HOW a player plays. If your playing the same MTTs daily I think familiarity with other players , and your own notes is a better guide.
  • edited August 2014
    it's good for being nosey and checking other people's stats but I doubt it will help that much in a tourney. You know what it's like in MTTs when you're moving from table to table, different players all the time, players playing differently depending on how many BBs they have. 

• edited August 2014

In my opinion, no.

It is poor value since they changed the payment plans.

Previously there was an option to purchase 200 searches for a 1 off fee which could last recreational players 5 or 6 months, but they got greedy and removed this option, in the process making it a -ev investment for small stakes/occasional players. It seems a common theme In poker to rip off losing players ;)  

It's still a must for high volume and high stakes sit and go players though.

• edited August 2014
    Not the best for mtts as its easy to spot the weak players anyway. I did manage to spot a poor player sitting HU in the sng lobby once and played above my usual stakes which was very profitable. Agree with D0hhhhhhh that the old option was much better value.
  • edited August 2014
    In my opinion, definetly yes, it helped tons and helped me make a big step in how ive been performing since the turn of the year, if your playing a significant amount of SNGS or MTT's it helps so much
  • edited August 2014
    I cant think of any reason for it not to be profitable, if you find just 1 player you are able to explot near the end of a tourny after a table move, or find yourself being able to exploit players playing well out of their bankroll in a big tourny near the bubble then you will more than make your money back... I paid for the 200 searches 6 months ago and havent used up half of it yet and i would guess it has made me around 1k extra which i wouldnt have won without it (that does include Hu Sng's too though)