You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I feel scammed and devalued as a customer - UKPC Qualification

Please note this is my thread for the twoplustwoforums

Ok so my idiot self decided to try a different site from pokerstars to mix things up a little so as a Sky Customer in the UK i decided to try SkyPoker.

I played for a month relitivley low volume for me but probably earning more rake than around 90% of players on the site even though my volume was about a 10th of stars.

By mistake I registered into a £44+4 UKPC satty in late reg as the lobby is laid out awful (Iwould not even be able to play the live event as I am abroad and tonight would be a massive struggle. (No Problem) I thought I followed usual procedure and contacted support in Live chat to get a refund and be removed from the tournament.

They basically said not possible and shoved there middle finger up to me. (no other site I know would do this)

SO after being put on life tilt I decided to grit my teeth play it and win a seat to which I can then unregister and take the cash.... so 2 hours later I win a seat and go to click unregister.... it removes me from the tourney.

But no cash.... no ticket....

I then contact support who say that I have to play the tournament ( I explain I am abroad and have no way of playing this)

So I leave it until this morning and decide to phone.

They have basically stated that no cash alternative is available..... and I would have to play a tournament of a similar buy in.... I mean wtf?? they can quite obviously see this whole thing has been an accident.

They have no similar tournaments of a similar buy in..... it would take me more than a year to wait for another tournament on sky poker costing £220.

I feel like I have been taken for a mug and would love to here from a representative of Sky poker to explain how they find this behaviour acceptable to the common player.

I then had a call back from the manager who told me there are no poker sites that let you unregister from a sattelite and have cash or tournament $ to use as you wish (it was at this point I relalised the person I spoke to did not play poker as EVERY other site lets you do this)

This part really makes me laugh.... I was the offered my £48 back.... I said I would be happy to do this as long as the rest of the £172 was distributed amongst the other players who had not recieved a seat as if they did not do this they would basically be stealing £172 of poker players money and equity.... having the rest of the funds redistributed was not an option. (Please explain how this is fair)

Never have I been left so dissulusioned by a poker site. by removing me from the next mtt and giving a cash alternative would have zero loss to sky poker as they have already collected the relevant amount from the sattalite itself (There was no overlay)

Im pretty shocked an appauled by all of this and feel as a poker player I am being made to pay for an innocent  mistake.

On a side not I have offered to show them proof of being out of the country

It really is quite obvious why pokerstars have such a vice like grip on the market when other companies cant even get standard customer service (Even common courtesy correct)

If this is resolved (I have a call back from a manager in 1 hour) I will be the first to post... But I know there is zero way this will be resolved in a way that is reasonable to the player.

(this was not resolved and i posted the notes above)

I also spend £120 a month on every sky channel and post multi sports bets of great value to them etc.

Has anyone else had dealings like this with them?

to be honest I find it quite impossible to trust the site any further. I am kind of hoping I have been speaking to people who have got this wrong but I have an awful feeling this is actually how they operate.

Regards

Danny

Comments

• edited August 2014
    "I feel scammed and devalued"...

Strong words. You have not been scammed you just did not know the rules, which is not Sky's fault in the slightest.

There is two things you can do

1) Register for the UKPC 1k buy in, play the £220 sat tonight, If you qualify they will pay £1k into your account.

After the sat has been completed de register from the UKPC, and the £1000 will be refunded.

2) As they said, they will swap it for another tournie, ask them to put you in the roller tonight, buy in £110, ask them if you can use this over 2 weeks, 2 x £110 buy in.
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry to hear this Danny. Im not sure what to say really as I do respect skys proceedures.

However I think there should be an option when you are late registering for a tournament to confirm you want to enter. This way if you click by accident which I almost did before!!! you have the option to confirm entry yes/no and you can simply select no. I think this option shoul only apply to late reg as normal entry you can unregister.

Im not sure what is involved in setting this up for Sky but I think it would avoid situations like yours and other arising. 

Personally I think Sky offering you back your buy in is good and then I think they should have offered the seat to the person that bubbled.

Im not so sure about the so called excellent customer service elsewhere. I wont bore you with the details but I had a very uncustomer service experience with pokerstars I certainly wouldnt recommend their customer service.

Ger
  • edited August 2014
    I would of had no issue if I won the seat and was then offered £48 plus the players who did not qualify offered a £ refund.... but they wanted to pocket the £172.

now however you dress that up... that offer is stealing. regardless if you are a guy on the street or a big company
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: I feel scammed and devalued as a customer - UKPC Qualification:
    I would of had no issue if I won the seat and was then offered £48 plus the players who did not qualify offered a £ refund.... but they wanted to pocket the £172. now however you dress that up... that offer is stealing. regardless if you are a guy on the street or a big company
    Posted by Itsover4u
    I'm fairly sure that Sky would be correct in stating that the prize offered had been awarded as stated and that you as the recipient had refused it and as an act of good will and without prejudice they had offered to refund your original entry fee.
  • edited August 2014

Please let us know how you get on on 2+2!

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: I feel scammed and devalued as a customer - UKPC Qualification:
    1) Register for the UKPC 1k buy in, play the £220 sat tonight, If you qualify they will pay £1k into your account. After the sat has been completed de register from the UKPC, and the £1000 will be refunded. Posted by LARSON7
    Do not accept £48, do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • edited August 2014
    Afternoon Danny.

You're relatively new to the site (welcome BTW) so I'll give you some of things old and dusty people like me know.

1)  The Satty system.  In an ideal world we'd get tournament tokens for either unregistering sats we've qualified for in the system or for winning further sats for events we have already either satted for or bought into.  That is not presently the case.  What is presently the case is:

If you sat into a high MTT you cannot dereg for the cash.

However if you buy into the target MTT, then sat into it you receive the cash alternative automatically.  Then if you dereg the target event, say if you discover you now can't play it, you then get your buy in back as you directly bought to the event.  It's a little tangled but I hope you get the gist.  So say if you get put back into the £220 game tonight, buy into the £1k live event in the lobby, if you got a seat you'd get a grand and still be able to dereg the buy in and get that grand back as well.  If you don't make the seat, you can still dereg (I'd dereg quickly though, the Main event lobby will probably be taken out of the lobby soonish to prepare for the live event).  I'm just saying it's an option.

2)  Customer Care and the forum.  No one from customer care monitors this forum, it's moderated (hello) by players for players.  I doubt many in customer care even know of this forum's existence, which is obviously fine, this is a players community.  However posting your OP will get zero reaction from Customer Care as they just won't see it.  As far as contacting CS, it's a mixed bag.  You will get osme people who are bang on and really helpful, then again you can get people who are a little unsure of all the ins and outs.  Just a guess but I personally believe Sky Betting and Gaming, maybe possibly Sky as a whole, use a central Customer Care and when you think about all the things Sky Cover, it's pretty tough for an operator to be an expert on everything.  If I was you I would continue the communication in a polite and calm manner, these things usually get sorted in the end.

3)  Personally I don't like the veiled intimidation at the start of your OP referring to 2+2.  Don't think mentioning the world's biggest and most useful forum is going to snap many people into action out of fear of the 2+2 power.  I'm pretty sure that's why you had that as the lead in.  And if you're gonna post something like this there, my personal opinion is don't post it in NVG, go on the Internet Poker forum, they tend to be much more helpful rather than in NVG where you really don't know what you're gonna get.

I am sorry you've had this experience and I hope you continue on Sky, especially with your quest to be the king.  ;) 

Mistakes happen, and communication fails happen.  I really hope this gets sorted for you and if you need any further help, please PM me.

Peace all
  • edited August 2014
    There's no publicity like bad publicity. 

i feel like £220 worth of tourny tokens is the answer and they could to be spent on however many tournaments you wish, whether 2 x big tournaments like the super roller £110 each or 20 touraments at £10 each.

Very few sites give the cash equivalent of a sat entry as the idea is to play the tourny you have won entry into not to pocket the cash, if stars do it then they must be the only ones.

Hope you find a suitable outcome to your issue

• edited August 2014
    Ah just checked, He is on the site a long time but rarely plays and just came back for the sky poker cup. He was more than likely gonna go back to stars anyhow so wouldnt pay this thread much attention.
  • edited August 2014
    Ah just checked, He is on the site a long time but rarely plays and just came back for the sky poker cup. He was more than likely gonna go back to stars anyhow so wouldnt pay this thread much attention.
    Posted by gerardirl

All my volume is prior to and after the sky poker cup.... as mentioned I wanted to give another site a try.

Tommy D thank for the advice.... all I wanted was an adequate replacement but entry into another £220 mtt is not reasonable as there is not likely to be another tournament of £220 value in a while.

I already said I would take 2x £110 but at the momenrt this does not appear to be an option.

In order for a site to grow which would benefit players and SKY in a positive manner I think they need to handle things a little better.

Regestering in the 1k prior to the event is not possible as the majority of my role is tied up on stars and tilt

they also for some reason seem to think sky have offered me T$s which I have not. I have said it over and over.

I would be delighted if sky offered me 2 x £110 summer roller enteries at a time when I would actually be able to play them.

I admit that I made a mistake by regestering in the sattelite which was 1 above the bounty hunter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok as I was typing this one of the poker room managers Simon gave me a call. Sky were happy 2 offer me 2 X entries in to the £110 Summer roller which I said I would be completely satisfied with.

one tonight and one at a time when I return from holiday.

I was very very frustrated with this whole situation but I am happy to say it has been solved to a satifactory standard and I will certainly ensure I take more care with my regestrations in the future.
  • edited August 2014

You're getting slated on 2+2 sir.  They seem to be insensitive bunch.  Not like the Sky Poker community.  :)

• edited August 2014
    All my volume is prior to and after the sky poker cup.... as mentioned I wanted to give another site a try.

Tommy D thank for the advice.... all I wanted was an adequate replacement but entry into another £220 mtt is not reasonable as there is not likely to be another tournament of £220 value in a while.

I already said I would take 2x £110 but at the momenrt this does not appear to be an option.

In order for a site to grow which would benefit players and SKY in a positive manner I think they need to handle things a little better.

Regestering in the 1k prior to the event is not possible as the majority of my role is tied up on stars and tilt

they also for some reason seem to think sky have offered me T$s which I have not. I have said it over and over.

I would be delighted if sky offered me 2 x £110 summer roller enteries at a time when I would actually be able to play them.

I admit that I made a mistake by regestering in the sattelite which was 1 above the bounty hunter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok as I was typing this one of the poker room managers Simon gave me a call. Sky were happy 2 offer me 2 X entries in to the £110 Summer roller which I said I would be completely satisfied with.

one tonight and one at a time when I return from holiday.

I was very very frustrated with this whole situation but I am happy to say it has been solved to a satifactory standard and I will certainly ensure I take more care with my regestrations in the future.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: I feel scammed and devalued as a customer - UKPC Qualification : All my volume is prior to and after the sky poker cup.... as mentioned I wanted to give another site a try. Tommy D thank for the advice.... all I wanted was an adequate replacement but entry into another £220 mtt is not reasonable as there is not likely to be another tournament of £220 value in a while. I already said I would take 2x £110 but at the momenrt this does not appear to be an option. In order for a site to grow which would benefit players and SKY in a positive manner I think they need to handle things a little better. Regestering in the 1k prior to the event is not possible as the majority of my role is tied up on stars and tilt they also for some reason seem to think sky have offered me T$s which I have not. I have said it over and over. I would be delighted if sky offered me 2 x £110 summer roller enteries at a time when I would actually be able to play them. I admit that I made a mistake by regestering in the sattelite which was 1 above the bounty hunter. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok as I was typing this one of the poker room managers Simon gave me a call. Sky were happy 2 offer me 2 X entries in to the £110 Summer roller which I said I would be completely satisfied with. one tonight and one at a time when I return from holiday. I was very very frustrated with this whole situation but I am happy to say it has been solved to a satifactory standard and I will certainly ensure I take more care with my regestrations in the future.
    Posted by Itsover4u
  • edited August 2014
    If i were you i would take a little more care with your attitude it makes it very hard for people to sympathise with you when you post in such a way. 

Having said that I understand that you were frustrated and felt hard done by so perhaps it was a little out of character. 

Sky may not be perfect but i'd recommend it to anyone. The forum here is brilliant with a good group of helpful posters. This is very evident in the helpful posts you received on here compared to the less than complimentary ones you received on 2+2. The games here are also very beatable so i hope you give the site more time before making your mind up. 

Welcome to the site. 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to I feel scammed and devalued as a customer - UKPC Qualification:
    Please note this is my thread for the twoplustwoforums Ok so my idiot self decided to try a different site from pokerstars to mix things up a little so as a Sky Customer in the UK i decided to try SkyPoker. I played for a month relitivley low volume for me but probably earning more rake than around 90% of players on the site even though my volume was about a 10th of stars. By mistake I registered into a £44+4 UKPC satty in late reg as the lobby is laid out awful (Iwould not even be able to play the live event as I am abroad and tonight would be a massive struggle. (No Problem) I thought I followed usual procedure and contacted support in Live chat to get a refund and be removed from the tournament. They basically said not possible and shoved there middle finger up to me. (no other site I know would do this) SO after being put on life tilt I decided to grit my teeth play it and win a seat to which I can then unregister and take the cash.... so 2 hours later I win a seat and go to click unregister.... it removes me from the tourney. But no cash.... no ticket.... I then contact support who say that I have to play the tournament ( I explain I am abroad and have no way of playing this) So I leave it until this morning and decide to phone. They have basically stated that no cash alternative is available..... and I would have to play a tournament of a similar buy in.... I mean wtf?? they can quite obviously see this whole thing has been an accident. They have no similar tournaments of a similar buy in..... it would take me more than a year to wait for another tournament on sky poker costing £220. I feel like I have been taken for a mug and would love to here from a representative of Sky poker to explain how they find this behaviour acceptable to the common player. I then had a call back from the manager who told me there are no poker sites that let you unregister from a sattelite and have cash or tournament $ to use as you wish (it was at this point I relalised the person I spoke to did not play poker as EVERY other site lets you do this) This part really makes me laugh.... I was the offered my £48 back.... I said I would be happy to do this as long as the rest of the £172 was distributed amongst the other players who had not recieved a seat as if they did not do this they would basically be stealing £172 of poker players money and equity.... having the rest of the funds redistributed was not an option. (Please explain how this is fair) Never have I been left so dissulusioned by a poker site. by removing me from the next mtt and giving a cash alternative would have zero loss to sky poker as they have already collected the relevant amount from the sattalite itself (There was no overlay) Im pretty shocked an appauled by all of this and feel as a poker player I am being made to pay for an innocent  mistake. On a side not I have offered to show them proof of being out of the country It really is quite obvious why pokerstars have such a vice like grip on the market when other companies cant even get standard customer service (Even common courtesy correct) If this is resolved (I have a call back from a manager in 1 hour) I will be the first to post... But I know there is zero way this will be resolved in a way that is reasonable to the player. (this was not resolved and i posted the notes above) I also spend £120 a month on every sky channel and post multi sports bets of great value to them etc. Has anyone else had dealings like this with them?  to be honest I find it quite impossible to trust the site any further. I am kind of hoping I have been speaking to people who have got this wrong but I have an awful feeling this is actually how they operate. Regards Danny
    Posted by Itsover4u

1/ The first point seems very reasonable. You could use that money for a roller seat

2/ Agree with the second point that Sky Customer Poker staff need more training in the whats going on from month to month on the site and need a basic grasp of playing poker to understand ppls querys better. Having said that - that applys to most poker sites. I,ve quit some of the ipoker network sites simply due to their customer service been so bad 

• edited August 2014
    I don't understand why you were whinging given the fact that it was your own fault for regging for a 'late reg' sat.  The lobby clearly states what each tournament is.
  • edited August 2014
    Seems to me you made the original mistake.  You then post here and on another forum in a hugely agressive way.  Since then Skypoker customer service have bent over backwards, and done far more than they needed to to resolve this situation.   I would have thought at the very least, you should have put up another post offering an apology and thanks to Sky customer service for doing so much.   On most poker sites I know, you can't just pick up a telephone and get an immediate response, you need to send emails and wait.  You should be grateful.
  • edited August 2014
    Lol you moan and moan on 2 forums and YOU made a mistake so you get 2 tourney tickets and you havent said anything nice. Love how the 2+2ers have ripped into you just as much.
  • edited August 2014
    Bottom line is you made a mistake because you didn't know the rules, if it was a fiver I doubt you'd be making so much noise about it..... most reasonable people would feel some sympathy for you, I do but at the end of the day it was your mistake and not one your likely to make again....

take your 48 quid and be more careful next time