You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2014/15 Football Season Bets

2»

Comments

• edited August 2014
    pulis gone.

£20 on palace to go down @ 2/1
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 2014/15 Football Season Bets:
    In Response to Re: 2014/15 Football Season Bets : I have been pondering this and the more I look into it and think about it the more I'm thinking this is very good advice Father, thank you. Of course the key part is 'If you fancy Man Utd' . Backing them outright at 5/1, I was doing so with the belief they will strengthen again before the close of the window and will be much shorter once the season starts. I rate Van Gaal, I think he will bring the best out of the likes of Rooney and Mata and surely he will improve them defensively. Of course they have no European games this season and as Liverpool proved last season, I think the lighter schedule will be worth a point or 3 extra. I've never backed anyone on the handicap market before, I was aware of the market but never really considered it. Matching Utd up against the top 4 of last season, I like the 14/1 +8 points being offered by Sky, though of course the handicap does bring all 20 teams into play. Backing ew 4 places at 14/1, seems like a sensible option compared to 5/1 outright. Looking at the others I think the +34 for my own team Stoke City will put them in the mix. Hughes came in when we finished the second half of the previous season as the worst performing team in the league, after a slow start it was quite remarkable how Mark Hughes turned us around last season. Now Hughes has strengthened in all the right places, if we stay injury free and start this season where we left off last season, we've got a real chance of beating last seasons 50 points. I like the 16/1 +36 points being offered for Stoke City elsewhere.

good luck , for me United will  want all of them 8 points.
    Posted by TheDart
  • edited August 2014
    pulis gone. £20 on palace to go down @ 2/1
    Posted by achill
    Bet of the year

I only got 7-4
  • edited August 2014
    Chelsea @ Burnley on Monday 2/5 looks a jolly good bet to me.
  • edited August 2014
    middlesborough14/1 mk dons 16/1 northampton 18/1 e.w patent
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Cheering for the Cobblers tonight then? :D

Will hapilly take a point and continue our unbeaten start.
  • edited August 2014
    Wigan haven't a hope of winning the championship & Charlton wont be anywhere near relegation
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 2014/15 Football Season Bets : Cheering for the Cobblers tonight then? :D Will hapilly take a point and continue our unbeaten start.
    Posted by splashies
    LOL either we are very good or your boys arent 
    Hope its the first for the sake of my sanity an my bet.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 2014/15 Football Season Bets : LOL either we are very good or your boys arent  Hope its the first for the sake of my sanity an my bet.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I think it was a bit of both. It sounds like we didn't turn up tbh. Our fans reckon you'll be top 3 easy.

Our last training session before the game our midfielder Ian Morris, dislocated his knee. A few of the players have said it was one of the most horrific things they had seen in football. So maybe this was still on their minds.

Our managers post match interview wasn't really anything to do with the game, he just kept saying the lads and staff have had a tough couple of days.

Easy to make excuses, but we now have 2 home games in a row to bounce back.