You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unusual bet sizing

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat

There are some players who like to do unusual bet sizing.

So for example, in a £1/£2 cash game manually typing the betting amount £5.67 (or whatever it may be)

What do you think this means? Strong or weak? Or trying to look strong or week? Can it be a tell with certain players or doesn it mean nothing?

If it means nothing, why do you think people do it?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    it tells me they aren't playing many tables as they have time to type in numbers. Probably trying to be cute and make out they are thinking about the game and their bet sizes

As we are on the subject how about you have the mouse wheel move up in half blinds rather than blinds.

so for example on a 2p 4p table i could move the mouse wheel to 10p rather than just pressing the 3x 12p.

Not sure how easy this would be do but if it is easy to do then i would like to see it added as an option
  • edited August 2014
    Would be good if when we click in the bet box that the default amount is removed so we can type in our desired amount rather than first having to delete what is there. 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Unusual bet sizing:
    it tells me they aren't playing many tables as they have time to type in numbers. Probably trying to be cute and make out they are thinking about the game and their bet sizes As we are on the subject how about you have the mouse wheel move up in half blinds rather than blinds. so for example on a 2p 4p table i could move the mouse wheel to 10p rather than just pressing the 3x 12p. Not sure how easy this would be do but if it is easy to do then i would like to see it added as an option
    Posted by salazar
    The max tables I play is 16 table (over 3 sites) and I can still type in numbers, if players a just betting 1/2 pot etc I think it tells you they aren't thinking a lot about board texture/stack sizes etc. If you play so many tables that you cant adjust your bet sizing appropriately then your playing too many tables.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Unusual bet sizing : The max tables I play is 16 table (over 3 sites) and I can still type in numbers, if players a just betting 1/2 pot etc I think it tells you they aren't thinking a lot about board texture/stack sizes etc. If you play so many tables that you cant adjust your bet sizing appropriately then your playing too many tables.
    Posted by MattBates

if you can play 16 tables and have time to type numbers in then you must be able to catch a fly with chopsticks, I play 4 tables and struggle to have time to press the standard buttons. 

nice brag though, enjoyed it
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Unusual bet sizing : if you can play 16 tables and have time to type numbers in then you must be able to catch a fly with chopsticks, I play 4 tables and struggle to have time to press the standard buttons.  nice brag though, enjoyed it
    Posted by salazar
    Believe me, he can play 16 and luckbox on all of them ;)
  • edited August 2014

Thanks guys, interesting comments.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Unusual bet sizing : The max tables I play is 16 table (over 3 sites) and I can still type in numbers, if players a just betting 1/2 pot etc I think it tells you they aren't thinking a lot about board texture/stack sizes etc. If you play so many tables that you cant adjust your bet sizing appropriately then your playing too many tables.
    Posted by MattBates
    Totally agree!  I play 5/6 at the most and can still look on community or have a conversation with mrs.  Any more and I can not cope due to lack of experience and screen size.

Not a bad idea to have the mouse wheel go up in half blinds.  But current system suits the needs of majority

As for original post - I think it normally means weakness if a cute number - I have genuine notes on one guy who raises the hand he has - 222 for ducks, 666 for 6's - amazes me how many times they get to show down and show you the hand - sadly see them rarely at the sng tables :-)

• edited August 2014
    I do often make unusual bet sizes, for example to 227 chips or 272 chips when blinds are 50/100.

There is a reason why I do this, but I will never tell :D
  • edited August 2014
    I type in for a pretty good reason too, but don't mess around with silly amounts like .5 of chips in MTTs or something like 9842