You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whos next?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next?:
    DIPSTICKS
    Posted by scotty77
    Dairylea Dunkers, they are the way forward, never too old for those. Or moving from the subject slightly, those kiddy cheese and biscuits with ham you make yourself.
  • edited January 2010
    DIPSTICKS
    Posted by scotty77
    Choc Dips, the official chocolate flavoured snack (with mini breadsticks) of the British Olympic Team.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Choc Dips, the official chocolate flavoured snack (with mini breadsticks) of the British Olympic Team.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Anyone old enough to remember KP WIGWAMS?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Anyone old enough to remember KP WIGWAMS?
    Posted by dav1964
    NO! lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Anyone old enough to remember KP WIGWAMS?
    Posted by dav1964
    Nice diversion chaps :o)
  • edited January 2010
    He wasn't insulting you ghost.

You are posting a thread that your wanting to get across to people and make them understand, we just need to understand the post first. Everyone interprates things differently so this isn't an insult against you, just really saying you want people to listen to what you have to say, take the time to do it properly.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Nice diversion chaps :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    Sorry elsa.BTW do you remember them? dav
  • edited January 2010
    don't worry ghostie it made perfect sense to me! :)

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Sorry elsa.BTW do you remember them? dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Don't be sorry, I commented by way of a thak you. I got bored with the hassle :o)

I remember wigwams and a lot earlier versions of everything. Some of the greatest losses to childhood (and advanced Dentistry) were 'penny arrow bars,' 'spangles' and 'bar six,'
  • edited January 2010
    i remember when a marathon was a big snicker and wagon wheels really were the size of wagons, now they are really small or is it me?? Also a m8 of mine who works in the film industry was involved in making adverts for a well known chocci brand and they used people with really tiny hands to make the product look bigger, and most of the 'food' you see in ads are false and they cosmetically make them perfect and appealing!! When was the last time you went into a Mc Donalds etc and the burger looked like the photo lol - anyways im waffling what was this thread about??
  • edited January 2010
    i remember when a marathon was a big snicker and wagon wheels really were the size of wagons, now they are really small or is it me?? Also a m8 of mine who works in the film industry was involved in making adverts for a well known chocci brand and they used people with really tiny hands to make the product look bigger, and most of the 'food' you see in ads are false and they cosmetically make them perfect and appealing!! When was the last time you went into a Mc Donalds etc and the burger looked like the photo lol - anyways im waffling what was this thread about??
    Posted by loonytoons
    I miss the super size meals at McDonalds
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    I think maybe WE got bigger, at least I know I did from eating too many wagon wheels lol
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    In the 70's I worked in Manchester as a Photogravure Printer. We did work for Cadbury's, amongst others, and at this time Cadbury were launching a new chocolate bar. The bar was called (who remembers this one) Mint Cracknel and was to be in a semi-luminescent Lime Green wrapper. We spent a few days getting the colour of this to the satisfaction of the Cadbury's people and then started the print run which lasted for over 4 weeks. So for 4 weeks running 24/7 we were surrounded by bright Green pigment. By the end of the run I had a pronounced green tinge to not only my skin and hair but even to my teeth. No amount of washing would remove it. The worst time was when I took my dear wife to a nightclub and they had those lights that show all your dandruff. I was literally bright lime green and was told in no uncertain terms by the boss to keep my mouth shut and don't smile. I looked like ''My Favourite Martian'' now who remembers that one?

ps. Wagon Wheels are actually BIGGER now........we were smaller.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : In the 70's I worked in Manchester as a Photogravure Printer. We did work for Cadbury's, amongst others, and at this time Cadbury were launching a new chocolate bar. The bar was called (who remembers this one) Mint Cracknel and was to be in a semi-luminescent Lime Green wrapper. We spent a few days getting the colour of this to the satisfaction of the Cadbury's people and then started the print run which lasted for over 4 weeks. So for 4 weeks running 24/7 we were surrounded by bright Green pigment. By the end of the run I had a pronounced green tinge to not only my skin and hair but even to my teeth. No amount of washing would remove it. The worst time was when I took my dear wife to a nightclub and they had those lights that show all your dandruff. I was literally bright lime green and was told in no uncertain terms by the boss to keep my mouth shut and don't smile. I looked like ''My Favourite Martian'' now who remembers that one? ps. Wagon Wheels are actually BIGGER now........we were smaller.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hilarious!! 

However, I'm sure Wagon Wheels were bigger in the good old days.  I've been over six feet tall since I was at school, so I was never smaller  lol. 

Spangles, Black Jacks, Arrow bars, Bazooka Joe bubble gum, Acid Drops, rickets, dysentry, Bar Six, Sherbet Fountains....so many happy memories.

By the way, Webby banned - Posters' Freeroll finishes - coincidence?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Hilarious!!  However, I'm sure Wagon Wheels were bigger in the good old days.  I've been over six feet tall since I was at school, so I was never smaller  lol.  Spangles, Black Jacks, Arrow bars, Bazooka Joe bubble gum, Acid Drops, rickets, dysentry, Bar Six, Sherbet Fountains....so many happy memories. By the way, Webby banned - Posters' Freeroll finishes - coincidence?
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    Now thay are good memories.How about the AMAZON bar?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Now thay are good memories.How about the AMAZON bar?
    Posted by dav1964
    I'm trying hard Dav, but I just can't remember the Amazon bar.  What did it look like?  I do remember Caramac chocolate bars.  That used to be a real treat and I'm told you can still get them, but I haven't seen any for years
  • edited January 2010
    the mighty texan anyone
  • edited January 2010
    The Texan - very chewy
  • edited January 2010
    Here's an Amazin bar

• edited January 2010
    How about the Curly Wurly bars, only time I had one I lost a filling lol
  • edited January 2010
    You can still buy Caramac and Blackjacks and Sherbet fountains.

Who remembers Coltsfoot Rock ......... you can still buy them but they're rare.

And liquorice twigs...an aquired taste.
  • edited January 2010
    You can still buy Caramac and Blackjacks and Sherbet fountains. Who remembers Coltsfoot Rock ......... you can still buy them but they're rare. And liquorice twigs...an aquired taste.
    Posted by elsadog
    Never tried these, but I used to see a few of my schoolmates munching on them.  I just couldn't see the point!  They may as well have gone to the nearest woods and started eating their way through it...lol.

On the subject of liquorice, though, what about those things called Tictics (or something like that).  They came in a small, matchbox-sized tin and were so small as to be almost pointless, but they nearly took the roof of your mouth off!
  • edited January 2010
    Kit Kat Peanut Butter FTW.

Apparently it was too expensive to produce and didnt get enough sales to jusity them making it, but then they introduce the awful Caramel version W TF.

Total madness.
  • edited January 2010
    Kit Kat Peanut Butter FTW. Apparently it was too expensive to produce and didnt get enough sales to jusity them making it, but then they introduce the awful Caramel version W TF. Total madness.
    Posted by scotty77
    OK going to have to show my ignorance here, twice I have seen these initials in the last 10 minutes (FTW) assuming it OK to type the full version in the forum, what do they mean please
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    for the win
    Posted by scotty77
    thanks
  • edited January 2010
    I think it meas What the flipping heck :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : Never tried these, but I used to see a few of my schoolmates munching on them.  I just couldn't see the point!  They may as well have gone to the nearest woods and started eating their way through it...lol. On the subject of liquorice, though, what about those things called Tictics (or something like that).  They came in a small, matchbox-sized tin and were so small as to be almost pointless, but they nearly took the roof of your mouth off!
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    IMPS
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whos next? : IMPS
    Posted by elsadog
    That was it!!!  That's nothing like Tictics!  Where did I get that from?  lmao

Cheers Elsadog
  • edited January 2010
    don't worry ghostie it made perfect sense to me! :)
    Posted by annie_duke
    hi annie. nice to hear from .  it did to me at the time.but i had ad a few js.lololol. after reading the post the nx day i can see their point..the post was a bit unreadable  lol...anyway the point i was trying to make was basically......  it does not  take much to get a chat ban on the sky community..........