You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

7:00/7:15 Freeroll

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
The UKPC seat freerolls were brilliant as were the other seat freerolls (for tournies)

The current one is really good too, and it has a nice prize for the winner.

But was just wondering, would it not be an idea to mix in some timed freerolls during the week, like the ones that used to run?

It would just mean that more money was distributed to more players, where as with the current freeroll the lions share of money is going to the top 3 players, with 90% of players getting nothing.

The timed freerolls were great fun, and allowed all players, in particular low stake players and especially recreational players to get a bit of money.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    +1

The timed FRs were loads of fun and paid a lot more people. One or 2 a week would be good
  • edited August 2014
    Yep deffo loved the timed freerolls. I played the occasional ukpc ones but was wasting my time really as if I won a seat I wouldnt be able to travel and play anyhow! 

So yes I agree a mix would be perfect.

• edited August 2014
    Big fat plus one on timed. IMO was best as a timed FR for the point above. 
  • edited August 2014

As the current 7.00 one becomes a hyper turbo around the bubble (no 1K level, same with the 250gtd turbo) I wonder if it might be an idea every Tuesday to make it a hyper turbo right from the start, 10bb starting stack, 1 minute levels?. A lot of people like open shoving 100+ bigs in regular freerolls, they would love this. I definitely think there would be some sort of market for these sort or tournaments in general.

As not everyone likes shovathons you could always balance it out by doing something like having a timed freeroll on a Saturday and a deep stack one on a sunday.

• edited August 2014
    Could we have a PLO one once a week please
  • edited August 2014
    what about the omaha freerolls that where supposed too be starting as well?
  • edited August 2014
    It would be good to see a Omaha Freeroll to hopefully introduce more people to the game?

I like the £300 cash freeroll, as good cash up top, but Timed one every so often would be good too?
  • edited August 2014

I'm sure someone will tell me differently, but I thought the timed tourni were one of the best freeroll formats I'd seen.

Spreads the money around, get a whole bunch of people in a position to win a couple of quid reasonably regularly which invariably ended up creating more liquidity in low stakes STT/MTT and micro cash and would end up back with Sky via the crippling micro-stakes rake.

I'm still waiting for a BH freeroll where we all start with 4p on our heads and you collect 3p each KO, 1p added to your own head ;)

• edited August 2014

Unfortunately these type of threads fall on deaf ears from Sky.

It's a real shame when people take the time to make constructive/ positive contributions/ suggestions.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 7:00/7:15 Freeroll:
    Unfortunately these type of threads fall on deaf ears from Sky. It's a real shame when people take the time to make constructive/ positive contributions/ suggestions.
    Posted by LARSON7
    What do you want Sky to do? Overhaul the freeroll tournaments because 6 people would like to see the re-introduction of a timed tournament?

Be grateful that you have this forum to voice your opinion. Perhaps the freerolls will alter in due course, who knows.

Just because Sky haven't posted, doesn't mean things aren't being observed behind closed doors.

Who did Celtic get in the Champions League draw btw?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 7:00/7:15 Freeroll:
    In Response to Re: 7:00/7:15 Freeroll : What do you want Sky to do? Overhaul the freeroll tournaments because 6 people would like to see the re-introduction of a timed tournament? Be grateful that you have this forum to voice your opinion. Perhaps the freerolls will alter in due course, who knows. Just because Sky haven't posted, doesn't mean things aren't being observed behind closed doors. Who did Celtic get in the champions league draw btw?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    like that bit.