You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Who remembers "the originals"?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Who remembers "the originals"?:
    I also joined the 2nd week i remember myself and Don Logan locking horns a few times, the one player i remember most of all was Toonoo he or she just disappeared after dominating the 25p/50p cash tables for about 18 months. Anyone remember Jonny Gould? Think he was one of the first analysts on the show. Oh and Carlo CItrone with the permanent tan!
    Posted by tallboy
    Johnny Gould! Top bloke, incredibly professional. I worked with him on some other Shows, pre Sky Poker, too. These days he makes a living in a most origional way. He is an Auctioneer at Charity Auctions, Functions, & such like. And he's so good at it, he can double or treble the amount raised, simply by his persausive "style". And for that, he gets paid up to £2,000 a gig. MBN!

Carlo? I still bump into Carlo from time to time. He's some character, & I like him a lot. He's a bit too "flash" for some, wears a lot of bling & stuff, but it adds to his attraction, in a way. He wears very expensive, & quite beautiful, clothes, too.

He always wears a decent Rolex, a £28,000 job. I was sat at a Table with him in a Tourney in Ireland, & some bloke was bit edgy towards Carlo, clearly jealous. "Wearing  Rolerx like that, you flash so & so, you'll get mugged & it'll be stolen one day, what will you do then?" says Mr Mardy Bum.

Quick as a flash, Carlo replies "I'd have to wear my spare Rolex".

1-0.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Who remembers "the originals"? :   Quick as a flash, Carlo replies "I'd have to wear my spare Rolex". 1-0.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol @ Carlo!
  • edited January 2010
    This thread will get me all tearful and emotional.............. Started playing late Feb 07...........some old guy over at Blonde Poker mentioned SkyPoker one or twice (every day....) Some of the  players I remember from earlier on, al873kill, Sharksbite, Repossess, No Deal, OCDPOKER, SIMUK, Elnino, bogus1, cottlad. (My memories not great so some of these may have come a bit later on). Open used to get 300 - 350 players when I first played. Must've been easy then, cos even I managed to have a couple of decent tourney results ;o).
    Posted by jakally
    Lol!

As many of you know, & as Neil (Jakally) suggests, I have "another place", I own 25% of it, & I spend as much time over there as I am able. (Not much these days, due to time-constraints here at Sky Poker).

I keep a Diary there, which has had a third of a million views, & as it's a personal Diary, I tend to mention Sky Poker quite a bit......

Well, I clearly overdid it a bit. The Moderators over there  - a brilliant bunch (9 of them - I'm one, actually!) - are as hot as hell on Spamming, & don't like me spamming other sites, understandably. But I own a lump of that Site, so can pretty much do as I like, within reason. Very awkward, really. So, I decided to start referring to Sky Poker as "over at the other place", which seemed fair enough to me.

At the end of each year, we have some "joke Awards", Best this, that or the other, similar to what Sky Poker now do, but more humour-based, & set up in such a way that nobody gets embarrassed, & it's not divisive.

In the 2009 Awards, last month, guess who got voted "Spammer of the Year"......?

Oops.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Who remembers "the originals"? : Nobody, but NOBODY pre-dates Tikay...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You don't miss a trick, do you?

PS - Respect Rich - I gotta admit, that was good. And I'll be honest - I'm delighted to be back working with a true Pro Presenter on my next Show, indeed, one who went to the last two Tables in a SPT Event.*

* On Thursday, I do the simulcasted Show. With D P Fitzgerald.