You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wildlife pic's from, well....the wild!

edited January 2010 in The Shed

for anyone interested in wildlife (particularly snakes) below is the link to my website where you will find all of my fabulous shots from central america (wildlife only)

totally unrelated to poker i know but hey, this is the fun forum no?

p.s. the costa rican pics are
amazing!!

srcerer.googlepages.com

enjoy!

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Some really good photo's there!! nice one!

I havent looked through them all yet, mainly just the cost rican pics but i see you have loads!!!

I had to skip past the spider pics tho! just too big and scary for my liking! lol

Do you own any snakes or reptiles?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: wildlife pic's from, well....the wild!:
    Some really good photo's there!! nice one! I havent looked through them all yet, mainly just the cost rican pics but i see you have loads!!! I had to skip past the spider pics tho! just too big and scary for my liking! lol Do you own any snakes or reptiles?
    Posted by Norbit
    thanks norbit! yea i keep a few corns & 2 of the most adorable rats on the planet lol....but i work primarily with snakes & im soon to head back out to Costa Rica (for another life changing experience!!) so i don't feel the need to stock up, only to offload soon after. not a big spider fan then i take it! think your probably with the majority on that one though! myself, i love em, actually anything with more than 2 legs im quite into...< queitly coughs >...mostly the ones with no legs though, snakes that is....

do u have any reptiles?

• edited January 2010
    Cant click on the link!
  • edited January 2010
    Cant click on the link!
    Posted by MADMOO
    men only - you know, a testosterone thing lol, go and do some knitting lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: wildlife pic's from, well....the wild! : men only - you know, a testosterone thing lol, go and do some knitting lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Haha, men/wildlife can see the link now :)
  • edited January 2010
    Cant click on the link!
    Posted by MADMOO
    u just gotta type in the address bar  --srcerer.googlepages.com--  (no 'www' needed)
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks - fantastic pictures
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks - fantastic pictures
    Posted by TiaDalma
    your welcome tia.  have you ever been to the tropics?....beat this shabby weather any day!!

any particular pic you like most?  i love the blissed-out glass frog dangling from a strand of moss!! 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: wildlife pic's from, well....the wild! : u just gotta type in the address bar  --srcerer.googlepages.com--  (no 'www' needed)
    Posted by bushmaster
    Ty much better than loonys reply :)
  • edited January 2010
    Never been to the tropics myself but It looks amazing. All the pics are so beautifully shot It's really hard to choose favourites. The frogs are particularly cute though and I loved the pic of the parrot snake.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: wildlife pic's from, well....the wild! : Ty much better than loonys reply :)
    Posted by MADMOO
    oops, i meant to type something helpful, but you know how it is, my finger just kept hitting the wrong keys!! anyway im in the bad books as i went to the shops with my daughter and we got lost in the pub lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: wildlife pic's from, well....the wild! : oops, i meant to type something helpful, but you know how it is, my finger just kept hitting the wrong keys!! anyway im in the bad books as i went to the shops with my daughter and we got lost in the pub lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Lol, so easily done. At least you took your daughter with you :)
  • edited January 2010
    Never been to the tropics myself but It looks amazing. All the pics are so beautifully shot It's really hard to choose favourites. The frogs are particularly cute though and I loved the pic of the parrot snake.
    Posted by TiaDalma
    yes the parrott snake, defo one of my top 3 of entire trip....i snapped at just the right time, everything was perfect, & he even gave me a little smile....(or maybe thats his angry look!)....anyway, turned out great!
  • edited January 2010
    Which others made your top 3?
  • edited January 2010
    Which others made your top 3?
    Posted by TiaDalma
    really tough question, so many great shots, the parrott snake & glass frog for sure, maybe the big 9foot boa too, as it was my biggest find (snakewise) throughout the whole trip....what an adrenaline rush too!! many many many others that i like so much, sometimes its the smallest ones that stand out most....
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Bushmaster. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts. As you might have guessed I was so Impressed with your photos I could keep the questions coming - I won't though cos I'm sure you have better things to do ;) so last one. Which snake In your photos Is the most venomous? Thanks. p.s The tiny frog on the finger Is amazing.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Bushmaster. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts. As you might have guessed I was so Impressed with your photos I could keep the questions coming - I won't though cos I'm sure you have better things to do ;) so last one. Which snake In your photos Is the most venomous? Thanks. p.s The tiny frog on the finger Is amazing.
    Posted by TiaDalma
    well tiadalma, it would have to be the terciopelo (fer-de-lance) of which i managed to find 22 of!! in-fact, the fer-de-lance is the most dangerous snake in all of the america's, with it being so common, producing a huge amount of live young & able to adapt to any & almost every environment, human contact is inevitable & amounts to hundreds of deaths each year. but i also found many other venomous/poisonous creepy crawlies like scorpions, spiders, ants, caterpillar's, the list goes on......funny thing is, im totally in my element when surrounded by all the above & am so looking forward to packing my bags once again & leaving this concrete jungle....absolute complete opposite to where i want to be is London, but hey....

thanks for browsing my pics & all questions are welcome,

Lewis (bushmaster)
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for that Info Lewis. Much as I appreciate the beauty of these creatures I would be more than alittle hesitant to get up close and personal with them (so to speak) as you do.  Too much poison about, However, thanks to you being very accomplished In your field and with more than your fair share of nerve Imo I've been able to see them while keeping my heartbeat at a steady rate! Thanks again and safe trip when you return there. Tia x