You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help! What is the ideal mini to start with (looking at around £5-£10 entry)

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi Guys.
Been around the sky scene pretty much since March this year and during my time I've been mainly a Microstakes player, playing DYM's of 60p and usually the Monday DTDs

Mainly the above was due to not really being able to make a large deposit and have been playing using my welcome bonus and winning from various MTT free entries (Such as £21 from the Turbo Open Free seat from O'rford, and £25 from TOTP)

I am now in a much better, steadier sence financially, having done some temporary work recently (was/have been unemployed since joining sky, and NO that's not my aim to play as earning a salary! I'm a recreational player) and therefore am going to be making my first deposit.

Goin to be keeping going with the DTD's on Monday and DYM's but I would also like to play in a mini event at some point during the week – what I would like to know from the membership is what would you say would be an ideal Mini to try out?

Any viewpoints/help welcome

BTW PS I think that I would consider the mini on a sunday but 1) too expensive, and 2) just TOO slow!

Regards

Gary

Comments

• edited August 2014
    If you discount the Sunday mini for being ''too slow'' (fwiw it's far and away the best low stake MTT on the site, with close to £800 for the win, but whatever), then you probably need to discount the Wednesday mini for similar reasons (plus this is more a £15 mtt than a £5 one with the rebuy/add on stuff).

So that leaves you with.....let me see......a mini BH (Monday), turbo mini BH (Tuesday), mini BH (Thursday), mini BH (Friday), and mini BH (Saturday).

Going out on a limb here, but I think you're ideal start is a mini BH.