You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last nights £6k- Review and thanks :)

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys n gals, 

I won a sat seat into last nights £6k for £2.,40, the first real tournement ive played on sky poker and i thought id stop by here and make my first post to say a quick hi and thank you.

I ran pretty good early on and had around a 50k stack which was demolished back to 6k (10bb) with my QQ coming up against AK, so heres me thinking im off for an early bath....

about an hour later im chip leader with about 100,000 chips and stayed chip leader until the final table even playing through what i think might be the longest.....and slowest final table bubble ever!!

In the end i ran a bit card dead and finished 6th. (very happy with this)

My main point was to say a quick hello and thanks to some of the really nice folks who were playing the tournement. I was suprised to see what a great bunch of people were playing and as a first time sky tourney player it was good to see some people who were knocked out coming back to rail me and wish me luck and a really nice an generally friendly atmosphere.

So thanks to those people who were along for the ride:

and apologies to TommyD....... my 10/10 flopped quads against his AA, very brutal flop and totally non deserved on my part. 

Enjoy your day all and stay lucky.

Ste

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Welcome to the forum and well played last night!

Don't worry about Tommy, kid is rich. 

• edited August 2014
    How much cash did you win? Well played   :)
  • edited August 2014

Hello Lancy,

Enjoyed playing with you mate and well done. Have to say I thought you were talking BS when you said it was your first tourney here and that you got in for £2.40 because from what I saw you seemed like a very accomplished player who is very capable of competing in Tournaments of any buy in.

Regarding the chat and the friendly atmosphere that (and the TV shows) is what I've found distinguishes Sky from most other sites - that's the way it usually is and its rare to find the chat box being used just to write abuse like you always find on other sites.

The £11 rebuy is in my opinion the best tournament on the site with a great structure - wish they ran more of them than just the once a week.

Hopefully see you at the tables again on Sky.

MATT8

• edited August 2014
    Jimbod.......it was somewhere in the late 300s im not exactly sure.

Matt8.....thanks for the kind welcome, yes it really was my first serious tourney. Ive played some micro stakes stuff but my first real go at something bigger.

How did you finish up Matt? Dont worry i wont forget that Rivered Jack helping you on your way ;) haha

• edited August 2014
    great roi. well done
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Last nights £6k- Review and thanks :):
    great roi. well done
    Posted by jimb0d1
    I came 2nd mate - FoldUFairy ran over the table late on and bagged the win.

Yes that Jack on the river certainly turned out to be worth quite a bit ;-)
  • edited August 2014
    great result mate! well deserved after a comeback from short stack during the worlds longest final table bubble hand for hand haha.

just dont forget i was nice to you on that river ;) haha enjoy!

and i think my missed AK against 88 turned out nicely for foldufairy. Well played all.