You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ethical question

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
If a mate of mine who plays here is short of funds and I offer to play him heads up to give him a loan and I raise pre then fold in a cash game ..hence giving him money...is it against the rules here? I don't wana break any rules or be seen to be "chip dumping" I just want to help a mate out.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Ethical question:
    If a mate of mine who plays here is short of funds and I offer to play him heads up to give him a loan and I raise pre then fold in a cash game ..hence giving him money...is it against the rules here? I don't wana break any rules or be seen to be "chip dumping" I just want to help a mate out.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Good evening Tom.
    As long as its only u 2 playing it should be up to you.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited August 2014
    I would personally wire him the moeny and let him deposit it

You loose the rake so not worth it

I would be very careful  - may be best contacting customer care directly - but my advise - stay simplpe and bank transfer to him outside of sky poker

Run Well
  • edited August 2014

Tom.

Don't do it, ever ever.

It could get picked up by Fraud and construed as chip-dumping.

Pretty sure it would be against the rules, too.
  • edited August 2014
    ok..thanks all for your replies. most appreciated. Thanks sir tikay for taking the time in your very busy schedule. I shall refrain from doing it, as I said I just like to help when I can but I can understand the reason why not.. good luck all, thanks again.
  • edited August 2014
    I raise-fold plenty.

Oh... right.
  • edited August 2014
    If only we had transfer funds to players.

Would make staking a whole lot easier and would stop me losing on international transfers.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Ethical question:
    If only we had transfer funds to players. Would make staking a whole lot easier and would stop me losing on international transfers.
    Posted by day4eire76
    The fact that we only got resizable tables this year, I'd hazard a guess we can look forward to a 'transfer funds' option in 2026.

Oh by the way, that's me being a sarky g i t ;)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Ethical question : The fact that we only got resizable tables this year, I'd hazard a guess we can look forward to a 'transfer funds' option in 2026. Oh by the way, that's me being a sarky g i t ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    #vowfail
  • edited August 2014
    I was in the 6.45 bounty hunter when I posted this and went on to win it,seems the " do sumat good and good things happen to you " mantra is right after all,either that or I wasn't playing my normal game of fish cos I was busy posting.so today I'm going to help my neighbour putting sun cream on her back as her husband will be at work,the poor love always seems to struggle with that as her massive endowments seem to inhibit her reach.
  • edited August 2014
    I was in the 6.45 bounty hunter when I posted this and went on to win it,seems the " do sumat good and good things happen to you " mantra is right after all,either that or I wasn't playing my normal game of fish cos I was busy posting.so today I'm going to help my neighbour putting sun cream on her back as her husband will be at work,the poor love always seems to struggle with that as her massive endowments seem to inhibit her reach.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Such a selfless act of heroism deserves to be rewarded.
  • edited August 2014
    Wow. You,ve described my normal heads-up style of play perfectly. This is weird...