You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do you trust sharkscope is accurate?

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
I recently had a 3 month break from sky, I started playing again around 16/6/2014 and reset my sharkscope to that date when I did... its locked but I check it every now and again to keep track of how I'm doing...

When I looked at it last night it didn't seem right so I checked my deposits and withdrawals on my sky account, that figure gave me a profit 5 times higher than the sharkscope figure!!!! (it runs into hundreds of a difference)

I very rarely play cash on sky so that's not a factor, usually just mtt's and dym's and there's only been one cash for points deposit from sky during the  few weeks I've been back......

When I started playing again on sky my account was empty so I know my figures are correct and assuming sky have the figures on my account correct it kinda makes me wonder when I'm using it to check someone else's stat's if there as far out too!!!! If they are is it even worth looking at sharkscope?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    It occaisionally misses results, but generally is pretty accurate.
  • edited August 2014

In a word, no.

As a rule, they are generally not too far out, but they sometimes seem to get numbers round their neck. 

The only certain measure is your account deposits, withdrawals, & balance.

• edited August 2014
    they've missed £1000s of mine
    I win big in a £100 buy-in mtt - on sharkscope? - nope - and they won't correct sky info
    happens every now and then
    and if they miss 1 or 2 of your better results their numbers will be very different from what you actually have achieved
  • edited August 2014

Missed off a $650 cash for me.

It hasn't recorded $650 at least that I've spent on rebuys.

Roundabouts and swings.

You can drill down deep into all sorts of stats though, looking at profit/loss and number of games is just the start.

It's a very good gauge of where a player is at if you know what to look for and how to interpret the information.
  • edited August 2014
    They have missed a good few of mine from the other site I play on.  Some of the stats are a bit out too.  There is no way I have an average ROI of over 400% after 500+ mtts on there
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Do you trust sharkscope is accurate?:
    They have missed a good few of mine from the other site I play on.  Some of the stats are a bit out too.  There is no way I have an average ROI of over 400% after 500+ mtts on there
    Posted by cenachav
    :)
  • edited August 2014
    Missed off a $650 cash for me. It hasn't recorded $650 at least that I've spent on rebuys. Roundabouts and swings. You can drill down deep into all sorts of stats though, looking at profit/loss and number of games is just the start. It's a very good gauge of where a player is at if you know what to look for and how to interpret the information.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice bluff with the first bolded part. Second bolded part sums it up for me, its a gauge. Also, players can improve, some get worse over time so all figures need to be looked at with a pinch of salt.
  • edited August 2014
    biggest they have missed of mine was £1000+
  • edited August 2014
    biggest they have missed of mine was £1000+
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeh so at first glance that could totally transform a players stats. But if it's 1 result within a significant sample size, does it make that much difference?

Had you lost the big flip on the bubble or just inside the money, it wouldn't be there and you'd still be the same player.

People get carried away with profit/loss, there's a lot more to it than that.

V word isn't it! :(
  • edited August 2014
    In my experience, sharkscope is innacurate for two reasons:

1) Sharkscope does not take earnings through Sky Poker Rewards into consideration.

2) If you qualify for an event (let's say you get in a £55 event for £5.50) the system sometimes does not recognise the satellite prize and will say you broke even in that tournament. If you do not go on to cash in the main event, it would say you have lost a net £55 when actually you have just lost £5.50.
  • edited August 2014
    The recent SKY Poker Cup HU tourney ... our winnings were not logged on SS and Murray got £5K
  • edited August 2014
    In my experience, sharkscope is innacurate for two reasons: 1) Sharkscope does not take earnings through Sky Poker Rewards into consideration. 2) If you qualify for an event (let's say you get in a £55 event for £5.50) the system sometimes does not recognise the satellite prize and will say you broke even in that tournament. If you do not go on to cash in the main event, it would say you have lost a net £55 when actually you have just lost £5.50.
    Posted by peter27
    Sorry Peter but that is ridiculous.
  • edited August 2014
    In my experience, sharkscope is innacurate for two reasons: 1) Sharkscope does not take earnings through Sky Poker Rewards into consideration. 2) If you qualify for an event (let's say you get in a £55 event for £5.50) the system sometimes does not recognise the satellite prize and will say you broke even in that tournament. If you do not go on to cash in the main event, it would say you have lost a net £55 when actually you have just lost £5.50.
    Posted by peter27
    I don't see any relevance of point 1 when assessing someone's ability at the tables.

People seem to make a big issue about accuracy of sharkscope. It really doesn't matter if the odd result is missing, you are getting an idea of someone's ability. Eg its the bubble of big tournament and you want to know if they will be effected by a min cash or someone makes a certain play and your not sure on their ability so you scope them.