You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
I have played on sky poker for about 4 years + i do post occasionly  sometimes  neg  sometimes pos ,  and loved my SPT experience at Newcastle last year even meeting the man that is Tikay , we was both washing our hands at the time LOL.

Since the launch of the new software i  and  many others (and thats just some of my teammates who play DTD on a Monday have had many, NO more than many problems with the tables freezing/diconnecting during play .

THIS IS NOT A INTERNET CONNECTION ISSUE, all others windows are working fine and other sites are fine.

There have been numerous threds on this issue , some by me lol but little feedback on whats the FIX for ALL

Whem i have had this issue i have phoned SKY Support and they say u have one of the best connections in the country .

I have tried all browsers and download but it rears its ugly head every few weeks,, and yes i delete history, de frag the lot 

LIKE i HAVE SAID ITS NOT JUST ME . 
I Hope this final post by me on the subject creates action PLEASE 

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I still use the old tables and don't get any problems, dont know if that helps.
  • edited August 2014
    Hiya Phil, As i am sure that your aware i have left sky and come back so many times because of the freezing and losing connection and to be fair the customer service that i have received has been aweful, blaming the speed of my computer is which i replied the specification of my pc is top of the range or was 2 months when i bought it from pc world, blamed my internet provider which is with sky broadband which i followed up and no issue.

i think sky need to admit that there is issues with the new software and maybe if they did so many skypoker regs may not of left the site and may come back, i will try to switch to the old tables see if it is any better.

personally for me when sky is working it is the best site in my opinion but these issues need to be sorted for sky to progress and to attract old players back and new players from other sites

• edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    I had problems on my oldish laptop, on my new PC it runs like a dream, in the download and browser, so it could be your end?
  • edited August 2014

I am fed upwith  ure  end , I wanna log on and play , like I SAID only site that crashes id  skypoker.com. jeez

• edited August 2014
    Upgrade your prehistoric equipment might help, you are in the minority i guess, give it a go and your problems will be solved.
  • edited August 2014
    I mean jeez  my cpu usage is now 100%  not even playin lol   murdochs  after my passwords 
  • edited August 2014
    4 simple steps:
    step 1: withdraw your funds (if any)
    step 2: close account
    step 3: join another site
    step 4: stop whinging
    the world is now a better place ;)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE:
    Upgrade your prehistoric equipment might help, you are in the minority i guess, give it a go and your problems will be solved.
    Posted by Snuffer
    Another helpful post.
    The software is developed to be played on tablets & phones,any desktop or laptop made in the last 5+ years will out perform 99% of these.
    Saying spend top dollar & shut up with no guarantee of success helps no one.

• edited August 2014
    I can relate to this problem RedArrow - and it's driving me mad aswell!!  I usually like to try to play 3 or 4 tables on Sky but find that anything over 3 tables and my computer just grinds to a halt.  I keep being timed out on action of a hand even though I haven't seen the counter come round to me to act yet.  All I'll see is the big green banner for me to click to say I'm back now - even though I haven't been away!!  This is on either explorer, firefox or chrome btw - I can't get the download to even install since the last upgrade of software.

I contacted support a few times and kept being told it was either my internet speed or my laptop not having enough capacity.  I know this is not the case as I upgraded the broadband to BT infinity top speed fibre optic a few months ago and there was no improvement in this lagging issue.  I also don't think it's my laptop as I am lucky enough to have a very large capactiy Alienware computer with top spec on it as it was originally bought for the developement of computer games for EA games.  Believe me when I say this alienware computer can do almost anything (except make me a cup of tea lol).

I can play multi tables on any other site without any lagging issues - it's only the Sky tables that cause me any problem (any more than 3 open does this).
  • edited August 2014
    Okay belsibub, how do you explain to me my hardware solved the same issue redarrow currently has and constantly moans about is not the same?

tm
  • edited August 2014
    4 simple steps: step 1: withdraw your funds (if any) step 2: close account step 3: join another site step 4: stop whinging the world is now a better place ;)
    Posted by Snuffer
    Difficult to look past this.
  • edited August 2014
    Okay belsibub, how do you explain to me my hardware solved the same issue redarrow currently has and constantly moans about is not the same? tm
    Posted by Snuffer
    Then explain 3 pc's 2 bb suppliers with no difference to me!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE : Difficult to look past this.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    someone needs take the reigns when your gone
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE : Then explain 3 pc's 2 bb suppliers with no difference to me!
    Posted by belsibub
    buy cheap get cheap...thats how this works works...:(
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE : buy cheap get cheap...thats how this works works...:(
    Posted by Snuffer
    Lol you don't even know the spec's & your still spouting cr@p.
    Go sleep it off
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE : Lol you don't even know the spec's & your still spouting cr@p. Go sleep it off
    Posted by belsibub
    okay but i bet you bought cheap...night boy
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE : okay but i bet you bought cheap...night boy
    Posted by Snuffer
    Oh burn.
  • edited August 2014
    I aint that great at technology so I dunno what the reason is but imo it seems logical that there HAS to be a good reason why it only happens to certain people (for the most part).

If it was a random issue at Sky's end then surely it would also be random as to who it would affect. It wouldn't single out X, Y and Z players time and time again. By that theory, the more often you play, the more likely you are to experience the problems. I know alot of people that play a lot of tables fulltime and very rarely ever have software problems. 

There will be some people that do just have the very occasional problem and that's more likely to be at Sky's end (like the standard problems that happen every time the site has been down for maintenance the night before), but if you have problems regularly/all the time and have done for a really long time, then it stands to reason it probably isn't Sky's fault*

*Their software is more processor intensive so that is technically their fault but not to the point of not being able to work round it.

Fwiw, I've got a very average laptop, the same one I've used for 4-5 years... Toshiba, i3, 2.53ghz processor, 4GB of ram, Windows 7 (64bit), and I've just done a internet speed test (with pretty poor results imo)...

Download Speed: 7.92 Mb/s
    Upload Speed: 0350 Mb/s 

With that setup I've been able to play 12tables (generally for at least 4hr at a time) for as long as I can remember.

Here's the link to test your own speed if you wanna see how it compares...

• edited August 2014
    I aint that great at technology so I dunno what the reason is but imo it seems logical that there HAS to be a good reason why it only happens to certain people (for the most part). If it was a random issue at Sky's end then surely it would also be random as to who it would affect. It wouldn't single out X, Y and Z players time and time again. By that theory, the more often you play, the more likely you are to experience the problems. I know alot of people that play a lot of tables fulltime and very rarely ever have software problems.  There will be some people that do just have the very occasional problem and that's more likely to be at Sky's end (like the standard problems that happen every time the site has been down for maintenance the night before), but if you have problems regularly/all the time and have done for a really long time, then it stands to reason it probably isn't Sky's fault* *Their software is more processor intensive so that is technically their fault but not to the point of not being able to work round it. Fwiw, I've got a very average laptop, the same one I've used for 4-5 years... Toshiba, i3, 2.53ghz processor, 4GB of ram, Windows 7 (64bit), and I've just done a internet speed test (with pretty poor results imo)... Download Speed: 7.92 Mb/s Upload Speed: 0350 Mb/s  With that setup I've been able to play 12tables (generally for at least 4hr at a time) for as long as I can remember. Here's the link to test your own speed if you wanna see how it compares... http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/
    Posted by Lambert180
    Been there done that got the T-shirt.
    I build pc's for myself, friends & family.

• edited August 2014
    I assume you agree with the principle though?

For every problem there has to be a reason why it happens... Why are you specifically having non-stop problems when probably 90% of people don't?

Of course I believe you that you must be having the problems (why would you lie) but there has to be a reason why it only affects the same small group of people over and over. Sky obviously haven't chosen to single you out for a laugh, so there HAS to be something that you and me do differently.

I have no idea what it is, like I said, I'm not that great with this kind of thing but there has to be some reason surely.
  • edited August 2014
    I assume you agree with the principle though? For every problem there has to be a reason why it happens... Why are you specifically having non-stop problems when probably 90% of people don't? Of course I believe you that you must be having the problems (why would you lie) but there has to be a reason why it only affects the same small group of people over and over. Sky obviously haven't chosen to single you out for a laugh, so there HAS to be something that you and me do differently. I have no idea what it is, like I said, I'm not that great with this kind of thing but there has to be some reason surely.
    Posted by Lambert180
    FWIW my download speed was 74.74Mbs.

I never have any connection issues apart from when the site is down.

Are you guys working wirelessly on a lappy for instance or a wired connection?

Any more info on RAM (Memory) CPU (Processor) Operating system? all this info may help.

How much of your CPU & memory is being used if you check it in "Task Manager" & what programs/processes are using the most of these resources?

• edited August 2014
    Why dont you make a video i.e. record your screen of sky crashing, a speed test, show task manager and another site working fine.

Might help figure out what's going on!
  • edited August 2014
    I've actually been doing some research on this.

My findings show that the issue seems to occur in UK and Ireland.

No reports of the issue in Uganda however.
  • edited August 2014
    my pc is old--- can handle two tables, but not with google chrome running in the backround---- can't even do forum stuff anymore coz pc goes loony and keyboard wont work---- 

depressed

Tunbridge wells
  • edited August 2014
    I have no problems with the tables on browser or download except (see below) My PC is about 3 years old - HP Elite 7300 i7-2600 3.40Ghz, 6Gb RAM. Running Win7Pro 64-bit. CPU util hardly ever breaks into double figures, even running 20 tables.
    DSL speed is about 12mbps downstream.

The only issue is the widely reported (by me) memory leak in the download client.
    It causes the client to crash when it's exhausted all available memory, which it can do fairly quickly.

Do a forum search for memory leak and you should find my posts.

Regarding REDARROW's issue specifically, I think I'd need to sit down infront of the PC and investigate while the problem was happening. Very tricky to diagnose remotely. Too many variables! (sorry!)

• edited August 2014
    i have same prob but must admit using 9 year old advent 2gb memory laptop have sky broadband with a rubbish 0.938 download speed & 0.336 upload have found lenova g505s laptop with amd a10 & 8gb ram 

anybody know if this would stop problems with such slow internet speed  

cost 399.95 minus 12% partner discount =351.95 is this good value

thankyou in advance for any help
  • edited August 2014
    i have same prob but must admit using 9 year old advent 2gb memory laptop have sky broadband with a rubbish 0.938 download speed & 0.336 upload have found lenova g505s laptop with amd a10 & 8gb ram  anybody know if this would stop problems with such slow internet speed     cost 399.95 minus 12% partner discount =351.95 is this good value   thankyou in advance for any help
    Posted by daphne56
    The laptop is fine that you want to buy but it will not help with the speed of your internet.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP US ALL THAT ARE SUFFERING, TY IN ADVANCE : The laptop is fine that you want to buy but it will not help with the speed of your internet.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
      thanks
                do you think its internet speed is causing lag any more than one table keep getting timed out 

so new comp will not be much help
  • edited August 2014
    I don't think the poker clients use much network bandwidth.  Saying that, Daphne, why is your broadband speed so incredibly low?