You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live chat Q for Sky.

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
I just spoke with someone on live chat and wanted to save the conversation onto a notepad incase i need it for future use - is there such thing as a live chat history or something?

Ie. I reported 2 players for collusion 20 minutes ago on account of one satellite but i've now found them playing in DYMs. Do i just report them again or can i trust the security team to check all of their previous games?

Comments

• edited August 2014

Hi Matt,

I know it might seem hard to bear, but there is no chance of action being taken that quickly, it aint ever going to happen, & nor should it.

Live Chat have NO POWER to do such a thing, they will simply pass it to "Fraud". Depending how busy they are, it will get properly investigated within 24 hours, & action taken if appropriate.

These things MUST be properly investigated, & knee-jerk bans ain't gonna happen.

Incidentally, the "evidence" you mentioned is pretty flimsy on the face of it. But please don't divulge further details on here.  

Try turning this on it's head. Some hater, or geezer that takes a dislike to you for whatever reason, reports you to Customer Care claiming you are colluding. Would you really expect Customer Care to insta-ban YOU without a proper investigation? I don't think so. You'd be crosser than a cross thing, & quite right too.

And "proper investigation" is NOT a 5 minute job, it must be done properly.

Justice is a 2 way street, the accused have the same rights as the accusers until the matter is proven, or not, as the case may be. You may not like that - until the day some smartalec (wrongly) accuses you of malpractice. Then you'll be glad these things are dealt with properly.

PS - Customer Care keep records of all these "Live Chats" I would imagine. They'd be foolish not to.

• edited August 2014
    Thanks Tikay. I know it has to be done properly but what happens if those are proven guilty? Tokens distributed or something? Because it was a satellite into a game being played tonight.

Just intrigued that's all, as not so long ago i reported 2 other players in my games and it was dealt with relatively quickly.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Live chat Q for Sky.:
    Thanks Tikay. I know it has to be done properly but what happens if those are proven guilty? Tokens distributed or something? Because it was a satellite into a game being played tonight. Just intrigued that's all, as not so long ago i reported 2 other players in my games and it was dealt with relatively quickly.
    Posted by Matt237
    I've no idea Matt, but justice can't be done in minutes, it needs investigating properly.

I know it's frustrating, especially if the target event is tonight, but it is a long way from proven, & it'll have to wait I'm afraid, or I assume it will. You can't snap-judge these things.

I'd have to add, to, that it is almost impossible to prove collusion based on a single event, you generally need more data than that to prove collusion. Peeps can do the strangest things at a poker table.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Live chat Q for Sky. : I've no idea Matt, but justice can't be done in minutes, it needs investigating properly.   I know it's frustrating, especially if the target event is tonight, but it is a long way from proven, & it'll have to wait I'm afraid, or I assume it will. You can't snap-judge these things.   I'd have to add, to, that it is almost impossible to prove collusion based on a single event, you generally need more data than that to prove collusion. Peeps can do the strangest things at a poker table.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Bit at the end of my OP sort of covered this, i have a bit more evidence to add. Do they check player A and B in full if i only reported 1 game or do i need to report them again?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Live chat Q for Sky. : Bit at the end of my OP sort of covered this, i have a bit more evidence to add. Do they check player A and B in full if i only reported 1 game or do i need to report them again?
    Posted by Matt237
    They will ALWAYS search back through both players histories, as you can almost never prove anything as to collusion based on a single event.