You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread*****

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
G'day,

How are we all doing, surviving Hurrican Bertha!? Doesn't seem to bad to far!  Who comes up with these names!?
I hope you will tune in for last show before the channel moves itself up to Nottingham to film from Dusk til Dawn to film the UKPC antics.

Tonight's show will have:

7-8pm    Final table Highlights from Thursday's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

8-Midnight  Live coverage from the Main Event, the 15k Super Roller. Good luck with satelliting in tonight, let us know if you do so we can give you a shout out! Miss Cornelius and Mr Jarvis, that's Laura and Ross to you, will be battling it out tonight to survive longer than the other in the ME, and we will be skyping them to put them off :)

There is also some Mastercash and Top of the Pots to be thrown into the mix, with some live cash play of my own. Yessss.

To win a seat into next Tuesdays' Main Event, the Turbo Open,  simply;

1. Send in a SkyPoker selfie, petfie, or beautiful screen grab of one of us. (all entries in the pot, one drawn at random)
2. Stumping Joe...Stump Joe with a poker related question, and you also go into the pot to win yourslf a Turbo Tuesday seat. 

As usual, hand ids, and questions are most welcome, posted on here, emailed or tweeted.

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

For a bit of fun tonight, (and maybe a seat, let me whine at Dan for 10 minutes)  finish this sentance:

Poker never fails to........

I hope you enjoy the show, you can watch us on your computer, on channel 861 or on you iphone/ipad. Plus let us know if  and when you are off to Nottingham, or as Joe would say Not-ing-haaam,

Laters,

Anna xx

Comments

• edited August 2014
    have a good show guys
  • edited August 2014

surviving Hurrican Bertha!? Doesn't seem to bad to far! Who comes up with these names!?

Interesting thing that, Anna.....

They are named in alphabetical order, starting afresh every year.

This year's names are....

Arthur
    Bertha
    Cristobal
    Dolly
    Edouard
    Fay
    Gonzalo
    Hanna
    Isaias
    Josephine
    Kyle
    Laura
    Marco
    Nana
    Omar
    Paulette
    Rene
    Sally
    Teddy
    Vicky

And in 2015, you get yoor very own one.....

Ana
    Bill
    Claudette
    Danny
    Erika
    Fred
    Grace
    Henri
    Ida
    Joaquin
    Kate
    Larry
    Mindy
    Nicholas
    Odette
    Peter
    Rose
    Sam
    Teresa
    Victor
    Wanda

Now, tell me that is not utterly fascinating. Go on, I dare you.
  • edited August 2014
    Well hellooooo... excited to play the superoller tonight and more than likely have my play absolutely berated by Joe. Ross will be delighted to know I shan't be going fancy dress on this occassion - far too hot to wear a wig ;) but he can if he wants... 

If I last longer than him, can we call it quits on me in fancy dress when we do a show? (if we ever do a show together - seems we have been fated in that respect which has been great for me...) If he lasts longer, he can choose even more ways for me to embarrass myself (I'm not shy in that department as it happens so regularly anyway).

I'm sad you're not coming to Notthingham with us Anna. I will however give Mandy your love.

Have fun in Barcelona Joe - Don't sleep in any closets 

xx
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread*****:
    surviving Hurrican Bertha!? Doesn't seem to bad to far! Who comes up with these names!? Interesting thing that, Anna..... They are named in alphabetical order, starting afresh every year. This year's names are.... Arthur Bertha Cristobal Dolly Edouard Fay Gonzalo Hanna Isaias Josephine Kyle Laura Marco Nana Omar Paulette Rene Sally Teddy Vicky And in 2015, you get yoor very own one..... Ana Bill Claudette Danny Erika Fred Grace Henri Ida Joaquin Kate Larry Mindy Nicholas Odette Peter Rose Sam Teresa Victor Wanda Now, tell me that is not utterly fascinating. Go on, I dare you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    With that kind of conversation, it is absolutely astounding that you don't have a girlfriend, Tikay ;)
  • edited August 2014
    PS That is quite interesting Tikay. I'm glad I might get a hurricane this year - but probably not seeing as we have to have 10 more between now and 2015. Ana is a dead set for 2015, I'm jealous....
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread*****:
    In Response to Re: 15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread***** : With that kind of conversation, it is absolutely astounding that you don't have a girlfriend, Tikay ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    My thoughts exactly. How DO they resist? 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread***** : With that kind of conversation, it is absolutely astounding that you don't have a girlfriend, Tikay ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    and no surprise there isn't a hurricane slippy - if that damp squib is the best you can do!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread***** : My thoughts exactly. How DO they resist?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, if you were a woman...

...I'd better not say anymore.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: 15k Super Roller Show Live on 861 with Fowler and Stapes 7pm *****official show thread***** : and no surprise there isn't a hurricane slippy - if that damp squib is the best you can do!
    Posted by GELDY
    A bit harsh, Gelders.

It's Sunday afternoon - I ain't warmed up yet ;)
  • edited August 2014
    hi anna and stapes have a great show.

is it really craigcu12 typing this or has the great mattbates taken control of me.

i can't seem to work out whats happing to me at the beginning of last sunday i had £700, then on saturday it went right down to just £300.

having entered the main event on saturday i finished 2nd could have got final tabled on both that and mini.

now i got myself into tonights super roller for as little as £5.30, first it was a sat for the semi itself. in the semi i got off to the greatest of starts when K10 hits a straight which thanks to his QQ set allowed me to double up.

so i get 2nd in saturday main
    get into the super roller for just £5.30
    what next do i win the super roller or am i actually just sleeping in bed dreaming of being mattbates.
  • edited August 2014
    Think i need to start the brag now, incase there is soon nothing to brag about

I opend my account on 
    Tuesday
    and Thank you sky for my free £10 
    I have slowly built that up in a few days currently on a bankroll
    Of over £300 and i have satilited into tonight High roller main event

If i win the tournment it will be the Chris moneymaker of Sky poker 

Roll on the high roller. 

• edited August 2014
    Hey guys hhave a wonderful show

Who wrote the book of tells
    A.doyle brunson
    B.david sklansky
    C.mike caro

The answer woould be mike caro 
  • edited August 2014
    Good evening Mrs Fowler and Mr Stapleton.
    Q. When was the hole camera introduced?

A.1997
    B.1998
    C1999

Correct answer is c on late night poker.
    All the best
    Rainman397.
  • edited August 2014
    a football question for mr stapes

Q who won the world cup in 1966
    A england
    B brazil
    C germany (west)

answer A england of course
  • edited August 2014
    Ok Joe you want an easy football one well this is sort of easy 

In 1999 manchester united won three cups but what we're they

A.super cup-league cup.premiership
    B. Carling cup Premiership. Fa cup
    C.FA cup champions league premiership 

Of course the answer is C 
  • edited August 2014
    In Witch contact sport do they wear protective pads and helmits so they dont get hurt

Is it
    football
    kids under 8's rugby 
    Or that american football game  

Answer is american football

• edited August 2014
    Hi Anna & Stapes,

Hope you have a good show.

My question for Joe is something he should know as he was at the festival commentating with Hartigan on the Main Event at the PCA 2013.

Which of the following players did not win one of the events during the PCA festival in 2013?

A - David Sands (Correct Answer)

B - Andoni Sanchez

C - Shannon Shorr

• edited August 2014
    Hello to the scarecrow and Mrs Fowler.

I have a pet can of Tuna.  Do you want a picture of that watching you on the tellybox?

Question for Joe.

Which England footballer is famous for looking like shrek?
    A David Beckham
    B Wayne Rooney
    C Phil Neville?

The answer is B.

Have a great show 
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Anna & Stapes - great show thanks

Of recent guest bounties at a recent series of live tournaments

Which guest was by far the most entertaining

A - Mickey Peterson

B - Sam Razavi

C - Joe Stapleton

answer was C - it was a pleasure to meet Stapes live for the first time
  • edited August 2014
    Joe, this one is right up your street. In which year did Anna do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MrXZZUJ3s

;)

A) 2006
    B) 2008
    C) 2010
  • edited August 2014
    HAHA my last name is Sweeting, daughter is called Faye 

so you say it as sweet_faye,  
    not sweet F A 
    but its fun when things work out like that 
  • edited August 2014
    Relatively easy footie question for Stapes 3000, with the digital shirt.....

Who scored the winning goal in the world cup this year? (hint:he's german)

A: Mario Gotze
    B: Bastian Schweinsteiger
    C: Thomas Muller

Answer is A

P.s. any tips for playing Jake Cody Joe? Currently seated to his right in a tourney....FML
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Beauty & err  Joe!

Talking about hurricanes....In 2014 the  "J" hurricane will be called..

A. Jose
    B. Joseph
    C. Josephine

Best I could come up with!  
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Anna and Stapes.
                                 Currently trying to get into tonights Main Event via all-in sats. Whilst I'm doing that, a question for Stapes.
    How many flags does James Hartigan have on the Hendon Mob database?
    A)1
    B)3
    C)5
    regards,
    Mohican
    p.s. correct answer is B.
  • edited August 2014
    Which of the following is an anagram of Joe Stapleton

a) Eaten Jet Slop

b) Open Stale Jet

c) Ten Tools Jape

The answer obviously is "Ten tools Jape."
  • edited August 2014

How many players entered the 2006 WSOP main event.

(A)  8773

(B)  8656

(C)  8596

Answer  (A) 8773
  • edited August 2014
    HI GREAT SHOW QUESTION FOR STAPES...WHO WON THE FA CUP THE YEAR THE TITANIC SANK
    A..BLACKBURN
    B..BARNSLEY
    C..BLACKPOOL
    ANSWER B.. BARNSLEY
  • edited August 2014
    Jeffrey, I was planning to be really nice to you tonight, just to see how much I could freak you out.

I'm not following through with that plan, though. 

By the way, do you want me to try to get on your table later, y/n?
  • edited August 2014
    Just bubble a roller sat after making an 'orrible call 3 handed   :(

Good luck to those who made it.
  • edited August 2014
    I cannot believe I won an allin sat for super roller. Now I feel out of my depth lol.
    Ive never played in this before so heres hoping my luck holds and so does my nerves
    Good luck to everyone especially those like me who limit is normally £11 maximum
    Pat