You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i deserve this in a 15k event?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceRubbernixSmall blind 30.0030.007840.00Nannypat66Big blind 60.0090.0012630.00 Your hole cardsKK   dangooFold    5ausagesFold    acky1985Raise 180.00270.007900.00rivermunkyRaise 420.00690.007480.00RubbernixFold    Nannypat66Fold    acky1985Raise 1200.001890.006700.00rivermunkyRaise 1920.003810.005560.00acky1985All-in 6700.0010510.000.00rivermunkyAll-in 5560.0016070.000.00acky1985Unmatched bet 180.0015890.00180.00acky1985Show10Q   rivermunkyShowKK   Flop  JQ10   Turn  10   River  8   acky1985WinFull House, 10s and Queens15890.00 16070.00

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I'm guessing yes?
    When will you reveal the answer?
  • edited August 2014
    I did say sorry and like I said was shoving for a fold sorry again acky
  • edited August 2014
    Man you totally baffel me! you run as good as any1 on the site yet you come the forum moaning after 1 bad beat ! you need to realize how good you actually run 99.9% of the time
  • edited August 2014
    truthfully i would say you should take just as much of the blame yourself.
    it might be true that Q10 should not be shipping his full stack at this stage of an MTT, what you should then say to yourself is; what hands do you expect to be jamming preflop at this stage of a super roller?
    the answer would most days be AA and KK.

The best thing for you would have been to just 3bet, then call to see what the flop itself would bring, that way you could stand a better chance of folding as most QQ's would just do a cbet but ch turn knowing a missed AK is likely to fold the flop leaving it against AA and KK, AK itself would only cbet a flop that is wet and A or K high.

i'm not saying i'm an expert, i to have been over reacting to losses where i've lost lots of chips when AK and AQ missed and the board is low or paired, 3bets and then cbetting these flops i'm thinking they would view that as a premium pair so will fold middle pairs but each time i fail so cost myself the tourney.

people have been saying to me if my 3bet does get called and i was expecting them all to respect my bet then it should be telling me that they are most likely holding a pair or something like AK/AQ, so i shouldn't have cbet my AK on them low or paired flops in the first place as they are unlikely to call rubbish preflop unless they are the loose type in which case they are unlikely to fold and that is probably what you should have thought about when he does that 4 bet.

so if you don't want to see the bad hands beat you in in this manner then it's best to respect his bet by just making the call knowing it's most likely to be AA. 

all you've done here is embarrassed yourself in the same manner as me when i've been over reacting to AK and AQ.
  • edited August 2014
    craig, we got villain to put all his chips in with just 20%. What more do we want to do when we have KK? Sure, against a really tight player we may be overplaying KK here where we're only being called/shoved on by AA but this obviously isn't the case here. We got the chips in ahead and got outdrawn - that's just poker.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: did i deserve this in a 15k event?:
    Man you totally baffel me! you run as good as any1 on the site yet you come the forum moaning after 1 bad beat ! you need to realize how good you actually run 99.9% of the time
    Posted by K8LOU
    +1 to this :)
  • edited August 2014
    The prizepool doesn't care if you have KK or not.
  • edited August 2014
    imo i dont think i have embarrsed myself here im just saying i dont understand the jam after my 4 bet everyone knows you want this type of play but just frustrating when they hit im not dissing acky its his money his chips his choice but thats poker 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: did i deserve this in a 15k event?:
    imo i dont think i have embarrsed myself here im just saying i dont understand the jam after my 4 bet everyone knows you want this type of play but just frustrating when they hit im not dissing acky its his money his chips his choice but thats poker 
    Posted by rivermunky
    Why would you need to understand his jam?

If you understood, you wouldn't post this in BBV?