You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

As someone who uses a lot off forums, I would say it would improve the forums a LOT if there was a button to press that would show new posts in descending order from newest first, or new posts since last visit.

It would make people be able to view posts a lot easier and more posts would get read.  Atm it is quite difficult to move between the forums to read all posts

Cheers

MrWh1te

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to New posts - Forum:
    As someone who uses a lot off forums, I would say it would improve the forums a LOT if there was a button to press that would show new posts in descending order from newest first, or new posts since last visit. It would make people be able to view posts a lot easier and more posts would get read.  Atm it is quite difficult to move between the forums to read all posts Cheers MrWh1te
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Click the yellow star.
  • edited August 2014

That only shows the new posts in an individual thread.

I want it to lists all threads with new replies.

Unless I am missing something?

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: New posts - Forum:
    That only shows the new posts in an individual thread. I want it to lists all threads with new replies. Unless I am missing something?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    When you visit a sub-forum the yellow stars show the threads that have new posts since your last visit, but there is no function that shows all threads within all sub-forums with new posts with just one click. Doubt it'll come either - not with this forum software.

• edited August 2014
    That's a shame, it makes forums a lot easier to use. 

On this forum I basically only visit chip chat, team, football forums and don't touch the others as a general rule, mainly due to time.

Free forums you can download from the net and set up yourself have this feature, seems silly a company like sky couldn't fix this easily with all their coders.  Probably only takes a few lines of code.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: New posts - Forum:
    That's a shame, it makes forums a lot easier to use.  On this forum I basically only visit chip chat, team, football forums and don't touch the others as a general rule, mainly due to time. Free forums you can download from the net and set up yourself have this feature, seems silly a company like sky couldn't fix this easily with all their coders.  Probably only takes a few lines of code.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    It's 3rd party software not in-house, and it's very basic. I think a lot would agree there's much better out there!

• edited August 2014
    I would think that would make it worse.  Having own coders that are too busy or whatever is one thing, but if they are actually contracting out a service and it is not fit for purpose, that is something that should be addressed