You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM FIX?!

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Both these players have overall minus ROI's. In the game shown here 1 of the players made a £4.50 profit while the other made a £5.50 loss (putting my business brain in gear i make that the worst get rich quick plan in history lol)

One player has cashed in 2 and the other has cashed in 3 of their last 10 games, a cash in 5 out of 20 games pretty much equates with what you expected in your figures wasn't it Hale? only in 2 of the last 10 were they sat at the same tourney and as you can't do that from the same IP then they are not using the same land line broadband connection (so probably at a different house or one is using a dongle connection).

There last 10 results bear out as a £47 investment (not including the rake which will be min 10% on top) and cashes that add up to £14.23. So they have spent £51.70 minimum for a net loss of £37.47

Colluding or not....... these boys are giving money away lol
  • edited January 2010
    Mine was just an example of how collusion could give nice profits.

These boys are obviously just pals or just starting out.

Either way, anything that generates an unfair playing field needs stamping out.
  • edited January 2010
    Also, one could play via the T.V. whilst the other plays on line.

Not the same IP address then is it?

Even being in a different house, instant messanger or text messaging could easily give each other the hole cards.

Like I say, it is a big bug bear of mine, and this case is probably genuine pals not wanting to take each other out.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM FIX?!:
    Mine was just an example of how collusion could give nice profits. These boys are obviously just pals or just starting out. Either way, anything that generates an unfair playing field needs stamping out.
    Posted by Hale72
    Completely agree, good posts Hale.
  • edited January 2010
    Also, one could play via the T.V. whilst the other plays on line. Not the same IP address then is it? Even being in a different house, instant messanger or text messaging could easily give each other the hole cards. Like I say, it is a big bug bear of mine, and this case is probably genuine pals not wanting to take each other out.
    Posted by Hale72
    I know what you mean Hale and collusion goes on all the time over this site & others. With skype you can conferance call with more than 1 person but this tends to work best in cash poker. Your right it is possible to make collusion pay (these 2 obviously are not making it pay if that is whats going on lol) and i know how you feel about this type of thing as i remember our Poker tracker thread we got involved in a while ago lol

I'm absolutly on board with the fact that this is going on every day and is not fair, Just not so sure that these 2 know there doing something wrong even if they are colluding as you would make a better attempt to hide it.
  • edited January 2010
    From what I remember, (I have closed sharkscope down and used my searches on this today)

They played 2 games together, one cashed in both, the other in one.

This would generate a + profit for them, but then again, I think that the games were different size buy ins.

Now based on their previous performance, this is a good increase on their previous efforts, and a little too coincidental.

Can someone have a look to see what profit/loss they earned just on the 2 games they played together? Like I say, my searches are gone.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to DYM FIX?!:
    Is it just me or does this hand seem very suspicious? What makes it even more suspicious is that both of these players were both from the same area (Liverpool). It didnt matter too much in this game because i trebled up in the next hand and still finished in the cash. So does anyone else think these 2 players were in cahoots? Is there any way to stop this happening aswel? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Dozza Small blind   200.00 200.00 665.00 Demc Big blind   400.00 600.00 5680.00   Your hole cards 6 10       london5 Fold         dannydemc Call   400.00 1000.00 85.00 Dozza Fold         Demc Check         Flop     2 J K       Demc Check         dannydemc Check         Turn     6       Demc Check         dannydemc Check         River     5       Demc Check         dannydemc All-in   85.00 1085.00 0.00 Demc Fold         dannydemc Muck         dannydemc Win   1085.00   1085.00
    Posted by Dozza
    i played a dym yestaday and was sat next 2 sum1 else from haverhill(poxy little market town),wont say his name,didnt talk 2 him,coz 2 me fawt it looked a little suss,but he wernt any1 i knew(as far as i know) and he wernt much cop either,he went out 1st...
  • edited January 2010
    Could this be an example of one person multi-accounting?

I was just thinking that would make more sense.
  • edited January 2010
    Could this be an example of one person multi-accounting? I was just thinking that would make more sense.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    That was my initial thought, but not wanted to accuse with the flimsy evidence we have here.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to DYM FIX?! : i played a dym yestaday and was sat next 2 sum1 else from haverhill(poxy little market town),wont say his name,didnt talk 2 him,coz 2 me fawt it looked a little suss,but he wernt any1 i knew(as far as i know) and he wernt much cop either,he went out 1st...
    Posted by philmenow
     i bet his name wasnt menow lol