You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst time for internet to go down!!!!

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Dear team, Last night I was grinding away in 8k TV bounty hunter with 8 people left and then just about to get a rare bounty of Matt Bates as I had 10 10 and he was short on big blind after just being coolered; 
8064591092014-08-12 00:12:353750.00·         10·         10 1250.00·         MattBates won 3750.00
  I then get my internet go down….annoyingly I couldn’t then play for duration of game and put in some very frustrating calls to Virgin Media….I have just looked at some of hands I got soon after and it is heart breaking – really felt I was going super deep ….I know internet connection is not your responsibility but anything you can do by way of goodwill gesture? Yours tired and frustrated,  – ABO151 

Comments

• edited August 2014
    They will probably give you some.........

....... advice.  switch to sky broadband :p
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Worst time for internet to go down!!!!:
    Dear team,   Last night I was grinding away in 8k TV bounty hunter with 8 people left and then just about to get a rare bounty of Matt Bates as I had 10 10 and he was short on big blind after just being coolered;   806459109 2014-08-12 00:12:35 3750.00 ·          10 ·          10   1250.00 ·          MattBates won 3750.00     I then get my internet go down….annoyingly I couldn’t then play for duration of game and put in some very frustrating calls to Virgin Media….I have just looked at some of hands I got soon after and it is heart breaking – really felt I was going super deep ….I know internet connection is not your responsibility but anything you can do by way of goodwill gesture?   Yours tired and frustrated,   – ABO151  
    Posted by AB0151
    thats nothing buddy.
    i was in the £40,000 ukops,main event, just after christmas in 13 th with about 40 players left,very comfortable chipstack,around 10k to the winner,and was subjected to  a power cut! so sat there in the pitch dark waiting for power to come back,it never did ,so gave up and went to bed.obviuosly blinded out,and picked up about £500.
    it times like that which makes this game so frustrating .i was devestated mate! so i know how you feel
  • edited August 2014
    Dear team,   Last night I was grinding away in 8k TV bounty hunter with 8 people left and then just about to get a rare bounty of Matt Bates as I had 10 10 and he was short on big blind after just being coolered;   806459109 2014-08-12 00:12:35 3750.00 ·          10 ·          10   1250.00 ·          MattBates won 3750.00     I then get my internet go down….annoyingly I couldn’t then play for duration of game and put in some very frustrating calls to Virgin Media….I have just looked at some of hands I got soon after and it is heart breaking – really felt I was going super deep ….I know internet connection is not your responsibility but anything you can do by way of goodwill gesture?   Yours tired and frustrated,   – ABO151  
    Posted by AB0151[/QUOTE
    as for hoping for a goodwill gesture...
    you stand more chance of proving the exsistence of the loch ness monster....
  • edited August 2014

That's a shame. Obviously we can't control someone's internet connection (or power as in LoveJunky's example).

However, one thing to think about is a back-up plan. For example, going to a friend / family members house to use their internet, tethering to your phone 3g/4g signal. I'm sure people will come on here with what they do but certainly worth thinking about.

These things are rare (unless your internet is really bad) but for the very occasional times it happens, it's worth thinking about 'what if'....
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Worst time for internet to go down!!!!:
    That's a shame. Obviously we can't control someone's internet connection (or power as in LoveJunky's example). However, one thing to think about is a back-up plan. For example, going to a friend / family members house to use their internet, tethering to your phone 3g/4g signal. I'm sure people will come on here with what they do but certainly worth thinking about. These things are rare (unless your internet is really bad) but for the very occasional times it happens, it's worth thinking about 'what if'....
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    yeah thats a good point about contacting friends/family.
    obviously in my example, i had no power whatsoever,so even with a back up internet connection,my battery would run out on my laptop/computer.my family does not play poker.and as for my friends..well ,this was around 1.30 am,on a monday morning! not the best time in the world to contact someone,as my fruitless search proved:(
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Worst time for internet to go down!!!! : yeah thats a good point about contacting friends/family. obviously in my example, i had no power whatsoever,so even with a back up internet connection,my battery would run out on my laptop/computer.my family does not play poker.and as for my friends..well ,this was around 1.30 am,on a monday morning! not the best time in the world to contact someone,as my fruitless search proved:(
    Posted by lovejunky
    Power cuts are certainly trickier!
  • edited August 2014
    Posted by AB0151
    Matt would have got there, he hasn't lost a race sinec schools sports day.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Worst time for internet to go down!!!! : Matt would have got there, he hasn't lost a race sinec schools sports day.
    Posted by Slykllist
    that's only an urban legend

i have it on good authority that he was quite sprightly as a nipper and didn't lose any races at school either
    but he wanted more than anything to be a basketball player
    unfortunately when he was selling his soul to the devil to do something about his height disadvantage
    he was misheard as saying he wanted to be like marco johnson, when what he meant to say was magic johnson

from such small acorns eh

• edited August 2014
    That's a shame. Obviously we can't control someone's internet connection (or power as in LoveJunky's example). However, one thing to think about is a back-up plan. For example, going to a friend / family members house to use their internet, tethering to your phone 3g/4g signal. I'm sure people will come on here with what they do but certainly worth thinking about. These things are rare (unless your internet is really bad) but for the very occasional times it happens, it's worth thinking about 'what if'....
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    go round to your frinds house at 3.. am lol .. fkinn dimwit
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Worst time for internet to go down!!!! : Power cuts are certainly trickier!
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    For the ultra-serious player a UPS is a no-brainer. One can run the PC/switches/router & beer fridge until zee power returns.

• edited August 2014
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Thanks for all feedback -re this I echo Love Junky's comments that often these things (though rare) will occur in early hours so makes many of the back up plans somewhat redundant. Sorry to hear about your incident too Love Junky - it hurts! I have had day to calm down but mine still hurts - was hoping to use it towards UKPC but I guess things happen for a reason and all that. No Lochness monster in sight nor even a goodwill Turbo Tuesday entry ;-)

As for comments re Matt Bates - yes I'm sure whatever he had he would have smashed my 10's!

Take a look at this spot I would have had later - in crucial stages;

8064651042014-08-12 00:35:1726000.00https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: -60px 100%; float: left; color: #ff0000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="diamond">Ahttps://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: -60px 100%; float: left; color: #ff0000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="diamond">K
    • https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: -40px 100%; float: left; color: #000000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="spade">K
    • https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: -20px 100%; float: left; color: #ff0000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="heart">K
    • https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: -40px 100%; float: left; color: #000000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="spade">5
    • https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: 0px 100%; float: left; color: #000000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="club">2
    • https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/suits.png'); border-bottom: #b3b3b1 1px solid; background-position: -20px 100%; float: left; color: #ff0000; text-align: center !important; margin: 0px 10px; border-left: #e3e3e1 1px solid; display: block; line-height: 18px; padding: 0px" class="heart">2
    • BOBBYJ55 won 13000.00 with a Two Pairs, Kings and 2s
    • TheDent won 13000.00 with a Two Pairs, Kings and 2s