You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dym - 5 handed decision time

edited August 2014 in Sit & Go Strategy
I think this is a straight forward one but I'd be interested in others thoughts on it.

Game info
The blinds are about to go to 150/300
There are 2 stacks on around 1400
The button is not someone I've played before but in this game he has been very aggressive

Hand History #806447769 (23:37 11/08/2014)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceJac35Small blind 100.00100.002347.50icegolfBig blind 200.00300.001447.50 Your hole cards99   N17_TOMFold    edrichFold    theboss222Raise 400.00700.004125.00Jac35?????    icegolfFold    theboss222     Jac35     theboss222     Flop      Turn      River                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Comments

• edited August 2014
    i fold mate, why get involved with another big stack when we don't need to...even if he has been aggro as you say.
    we are only beating 88 & lower, so racing at best, probably.
    don't think we want to waste another 300 chips just to see a flop...which we probably won't like. icegolf might also shove behind us too.
    don't think we need risk going allin our only other move and risk being called. if you think he might fold then maybe it's an option i guess, but it's a risk either way & one we don't have to take, i think.
    lose the 100 chips...next hand.
  • edited August 2014
    I like how Icegolf folded before you decided what you were gonna do ;)
  • edited August 2014
    If icegolf has folded out of turn then I shove and expect to take it down pre. I'm not good enough to call and know how to play this spot post-flop, 99 is ahead of the range of the button min-raise (by sound of it).

May change my mind if he is aggressive enough to be calling off shoves by shorter stacks. Don't really want to be at war against a rag ace when top 3 in chips and still over 10bb.

I'm no DYM player though. I feel lost when I don't have at least 100bb to start a hand.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Dym - 5 handed decision time:
    i fold mate, why get involved with another big stack when we don't need to...even if he has been aggro as you say. we are only beating 88 & lower, so racing at best, probably. don't think we want to waste another 300 chips just to see a flop...which we probably won't like. icegolf might also shove behind us too. don't think we need risk going allin our only other move and risk being called. if you think he might fold then maybe it's an option i guess, but it's a risk either way & one we don't have to take, i think. lose the 100 chips...next hand.
    Posted by devonfish5
    I see your point Dev but don't really agree on this one.
    The key to this situation for me is that we're still 5 handed. This is the spot we're looking for. If it was on the bubble I'd agree it's a fold. It's quite likely with the blinds going up that the 2 short stacks will tangle. This would then make me the short stack with the blinds coming round and Mr aggro unlikely to be giving me walks.

With aggro man being a lock at this stage, I should be folding out all but the very top of his range. There's a bit of comfort in having the 9's but in truth I'd be close to shoving much much wider here.
    Get it through and I should be in great shape. Get a call and I'm unlikely to be a huge dog in the hand. (Obv, I prefer the fold from him)

You're right in that flatting was never an option I considered.
  • edited August 2014
    That's why i'm playing with the kiddies & you're playing with the grown ups  :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Dym - 5 handed decision time:
    That's why i'm playing with the kiddies & you're playing with the grown ups  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Not at all mate. I sometimes way too aggro in these situations. Was interested to see if everyone disagreed with me.
    As it turned out I did shove and I did get the call. Gulp!
    Was fairly surprised to see he had KQ.
    We totally agree on one thing:) notes are crucial. A few more games with this player and I prob fold
  • edited August 2014
    at least i was right u were racing  lol