You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hypothetical hand....

edited August 2014 in The Poker Clinic
In Response to Hypothetical hand....:
Though it did kinda happen to me a while back! ;) We raise 6h7h and flop the straight 5c 8d 9d vs 2 other players. First player open jams top set. 2nd player calls all in with Jd10d for the open ender and flush draw......action is on us with 2 all ins and the temporary nuts, but a hand that can't improve. Question is, if we knew exactly what the other 2 have, is it a fold? 
Posted by hhyftrftdr
Really?   Oh & def not a fold for me.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Though it did kinda happen to me a while back! ;)

We raise 6h7h and flop the straight 5c 8d 9d vs 2 other players. First player open jams top set. 2nd player calls all in with Jd10d for the open ender and flush draw......action is on us with 2 all ins and the temporary nuts, but a hand that can't improve.

Question is, if we knew exactly what the other 2 have, is it a fold? 

Edit; both players also cover us, so for our tourney life.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Hypothetical hand....:
    In Response to Hypothetical hand.... : Really?   Oh & def not a fold for me.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Yes, it can't improve ;) Whereas the other 2 hands are behind currently but between them have about 289 outs....
  • edited August 2014
    Pretty sure a 10 & J improves it? 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Hypothetical hand....:
    Pretty sure a 10 & J improves it? 
    Posted by Glenelg
    To a 7 card straight?

Stop being a tw@t like me ;)
  • edited August 2014
    I'm pretty sure a J high str is an IMPROVEMENT on a 9 high str?  BUT i'll bow to your superior knowledge. 
     BTW when are you off on your foriegn sojourn? Jealous is not the word!    GL
  • edited August 2014
    Interesting hand & surprised to see that even 99 has better equity than the straight - so its an easy fold for me.

Been in JT's situation loads of times on here and never achieved even a 10th of the results I should have !

I'm sure it's rigged ; />0  !
  • edited August 2014
    You never heard of pokerstove or PPT? :P

Clear fold. In omaha you get these situations more frequently where you have the nuts but are an underdog!

HandEquityWinsTies
    6h7h25.58%6930
    9933.44%9060
    JdTd40.97%1,1100

• edited August 2014
    Pokerstove? That where you cook your chips?
  • edited August 2014
    this hand is not hypothetical i had this happen to me on 888 a while back i had a straight on the flop someone shoved with top set another called although he had nut flush draw not straight flush draw the turn gave 2nd player a flush and the river completed the boat for the original shover so save your money and fold anyway

admittedly though this was a full ring tourney not 6 max but i can still see it happening in a 6 max game

i also uploaded the hand to their hand history video thing that they had just started doing dont know if its still there