You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

think this is a bit of a joke,should i complain?

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Playing a bounty hunter just a min ago and i pick kk,theres one limper before me and i just decide to flat as sb only has 50 left,so im hoping some  donkey will shove to single everybody else out to take his bounty anyways he shoves his 50 and evrrybody else folds except from the orginal limper who calls,so im hoping i can just ship here but i understand with string bets it just lets me call,flop comes 99 q matey boy shoves and obviously has 95 but im not out and next hand im moved to another table with like 80 chips two people limp and i shove my 80,it then goes around to the original limpoer and then he shoves on the 2nd limper to single me out!
now how does that work when i couldnt do that before?
thanks in advance

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Were the blinds low on your 2nd hand? If the shove for 80 wasn't an under-raise then the others can go over the top.

• edited January 2010
    i think they were 25/50 maybe
  • edited January 2010
    think in the first hand you flat called,along with everyone else, so the re-raise wasn't possible because one player was all in, however after the flop you can re-raise, in the 2nd hand you had 80 chips so your opponent didn't limp he raised from 50 to 80,thus allowing others to re-raise, i think this is how it works, or i may be talking bol lox lol
  • edited January 2010
    I think its to do with the 1st limper has the option to shove, but if he decides to flat call then all other players must flat call, your mistake was not to smash the pot when you had KK, if he only had 50 and is on the SB then he is obviously going in with any hand, raise it up to 200-250 and you avoid these problems.

In the 2nd example the first limper has the option to shove, if he flat called then again the 2nd limper would not have been able to raise.
  • edited January 2010
    In ur reply to "smashing the pot" you obviously havent played bh with these donks,ypu nearly always get someone wanting 1.50 just to risk there tournament life with a2 off
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: think this is a bit of a joke,should i complain?:
    In ur reply to "smashing the pot" you obviously havent played bh with these donks,ypu nearly always get someone wanting 1.50 just to risk there tournament life with a2 off
    Posted by Retz
    Isnt that what you want?? some donk with A2 off
  • edited January 2010
    id never heard of these donk bets before i started on sky poker a few months ago!!! which makes my username quite ironic really!!! haha
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: think this is a bit of a joke,should i complain?:
    Were the blinds low on your 2nd hand? If the shove for 80 wasn't an under-raise then the others can go over the top.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It was almost certainly an under-raise.
    The rule is that if a player goes all-in and his bet is less than what would constitute a minimum raise then anyone who has already acted can only call his bet (or fold) in that betting round.
    In effect his bet is just treated as a call.