You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Some Tecky Help Please!

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Some help needed please. Since yesterday and for no obvious reason, when I click to launch tournament or the machine automatically tries to launch the tournament, the "connecting to Sky Poker" screen locks after 24.1% of its connection time. It doesn't matter if I reboot my machine, launch manually or whatever, I can't get it to go further than 24.1%. I have tried using my laptop and it works fine!

Any help or sharing of similar experiences much appreciated.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Check the online support jabba maybe they can help
  • edited July 2009
    'an unexpected script in the video has caused this machine to run slowly.....do you wish to continue to run etc etc'

Anybody had that one before when they try to launch a tourney?
  • edited July 2009
    yeah that one is just ur computer is running too slow
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Some Tecky Help Please!:
    Some help needed please. Since yesterday and for no obvious reason, when I click to launch tournament or the machine automatically tries to launch the tournament, the "connecting to Sky Poker" screen locks after 24.1% of its connection time. It doesn't matter if I reboot my machine, launch manually or whatever, I can't get it to go further than 24.1%. I have tried using my laptop and it works fine! Any help or sharing of similar experiences much appreciated.
    Posted by Jabbaman

For months ive been having problems like the  2 mentioned above ...and more .. black box still on screen when play has started ..... Ive tried the general clear unwanted files and disk clean up, and eventually changed server from explorer to "Mozilla FireFox + Adobe Flash player"  This solved a lot of the problems but not all (speed being still a little slow)  So what Ive now done, and found it works brilliant is....once the game loads and starts ,, I then close Sky Poker from the bottom tool bar, just leaving the game itself, ... this seems to stop any drag being caused by the rest of the site..
    Also playing this way i find no problems with the chat box missing letters as i chat.. and allowing full decision time instead of maybe only 3-4 seconds or passing  my cards before i see them.....
    It has been annoying but Ive found my own way around the loading and play problems a lot of players get, i think the main problems are caused  because were playing from the server and non a downloaded programme !! 
     glk benny
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Some Tecky Help Please!:
    Some help needed please. Since yesterday and for no obvious reason, when I click to launch tournament or the machine automatically tries to launch the tournament, the "connecting to Sky Poker" screen locks after 24.1% of its connection time. It doesn't matter if I reboot my machine, launch manually or whatever, I can't get it to go further than 24.1%. I have tried using my laptop and it works fine! Any help or sharing of similar experiences much appreciated.
    Posted by Jabbaman

I'll pass your query on to our customer care team - someone there will get in touch 

Peter
  • edited July 2009
    Don't know if this was a fluke, but it helped me.
    On your browser, go to Tools -Internet Options - Security and put both http://www.skypoker.com and https://www.skypoker.com as trusted sites.

This means that the antivirus firewall thingies won't need to scan it every time a table opens, or something like that.

• edited July 2009
    Thanks to all for comments/suggestions. Will be trying them when boss closes this meeting!!