You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this is the best hand ive had so far!! do you think i played it well??

Hand History #221604063 (22:50 07/01/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mcaulay08 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1935.00
Yodamuffin Big blind  30.00 45.00 2070.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

PT78 Fold     
donkeyplop Raise  60.00 105.00 1920.00
skipman Fold     
cyasoon Fold     
mcaulay08 Fold     
Yodamuffin Call  30.00 135.00 2040.00
Flop

• A

Yodamuffin Bet  30.00 165.00 2010.00
donkeyplop Call  30.00 195.00 1890.00
Turn

• A

Yodamuffin Bet  97.50 292.50 1912.50
donkeyplop Call  97.50 390.00 1792.50
River

Yodamuffin Check     
donkeyplop Bet  390.00 780.00 1402.50
Yodamuffin Call  390.00 1170.00 1522.50
donkeyplop Show
  • A
  • A

Yodamuffin Muck

donkeyplop Win Four Aces 1170.00  2572.5

Comments

• edited January 2010
    It's important when looking back at hands that you're not results orientated so although you've hit Quads and got paid off, it's not always going to work out that way! Therefore, I'd say the pre-flop raise was nowhere near big enough especially as this looks like low stake Sit&Go? The standard of play in these won't be top notch (as you can see from the dubious call on the river) so they're going to play wider range of hands so I'm looking to get more into the middle pre-flop, which in turn allows you to commit them on future streets with more substantial bets! You run the risk of everyone folding but it's better to win small pot there and then, than kicking yourself for letting them catch 3 4 10 flop and then not being able to let go of your hand!

In this scenario however, you extracted pretty much the maximum as you probably could once you've flopped the monster! Cheeky re-raise on flop or turn wouldn't have been bad but it's always difficult not to get too greedy after the event - you needed them to catch up or make poor call at some point and that's what you got so nice hand!
  • edited January 2010
    ok thanks for the advice ive only been played about 6 months and im learning fast on this site!!

Yes it was a low stake double your money game. The way i see it was everyone was playing pretty tight and if id put a massive raise pre flop they would of all folded. I thought if i put a small raise at least id build the pot and not scare everyone off. Is this a good play??

cheers
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this is the best hand ive had so far!! do you think i played it well??:
    ok thanks for the advice ive only been played about 6 months and im learning fast on this site!! Yes it was a low stake double your money game. The way i see it was everyone was playing pretty tight and if id put a massive raise pre flop they would of all folded. I thought if i put a small raise at least id build the pot and not scare everyone off. Is this a good play?? cheers
    Posted by donkeyplop
    It's excellent to build the pot especially with premium hand so the more I can get in the middle pre-flop, the more I can bet on the flop/turn/river to maximize my winnings! You don't want to be giving your opponents cheap chance to outdraw you so make them pay to play - I want them to make mistake by calling me with marginal hand but I want more money in the middle to commit them if they improve! Hope this makes sense - I'm not always the best at explaining things!
  • edited January 2010

think you played it ok although a larger pre flop raise gets you a better veiw on your opponents hands ranges your 2bb does build the pot but if anyone calls you with the two hearts on the flop any big raises/allins puts you gambleing you 3 aces against any heart. its important when reviewing your hand to think of what could have gone wrong as well as what went right.

• edited January 2010
    ok thanks for the advice