You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Latest on the trains

edited January 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
For anyone trying to get to Newcastle from my neck of the woods this is official latest state of play from National Rail:

Friday 8 and Saturday 9 January

Trains from Manchester Airport to Newcastle are cancelled. Passengers travelling between York and Newcastle should use East Coast or CrossCountry services. Other First Transpennine Express services should be used between Manchester and York.  Replacement bus services will run between Northallerton and Darlington for connections to alternative services.

Trains between Manchester Airport and Glasgow Central are cancelled. Passengers travelling between Preston and Glasgow Central should use Virgin Trains services. Other First Transpennine Express services should be used between Manchester and Preston

Trains between Liverpool and Scarborough will call additionally at Dewsbury, but are subject to further alterations and delays because of poor weather conditions between York and Malton

A normal service is expected to run on all other routes.

Ticket Acceptance

Passengers may travel on

• Virgin Trains services between Carlisle and Glasgow Central.
  • CrossCountry services between York and Newcastle

Ticket restrictions

First TransPennine Express have lifted all ticket restrictions. If you have a ticket that is valid for travel between Friday 8 January and Sunday 10 January 2010 inclusive and you are unable to travel,  your ticket will be valid for use within 48 hours of the date specified on your ticket.

Alternatively customers who decide not to travel and wish to claim a refund can do so either at the booking office where they purchased their ticket or by calling First TransPennine Express Customer Relations on 0845 600 1671.

First TransPennine Express will not be charging an administration fee for refunds.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    According to the National Rail website, the train that i have booked tickets for is still running with no delays.

With what i've posted above, it does partly make confusing reading but i'll get to Newcastle somehow!.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Guys,

My day job is a travel consultant booking rail tickets for government staff. Today at work i noticed severe delays on cross country services going from the south west, via brum, sheffield, donny , leeds ,wakefield, york , darlington durham etc with alot of delays around 2 hours. Id suggest to set off as early as possible but if you have advance purchase tickets you could be in trouble.

cheers
  • edited January 2010
    Just been on the local news that theres no trains between york and newcastle, looks like tomorow could be a no no afterall.