You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When a bad card = a good card!

Player
ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gerrard9 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £139.13
steva Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £27.73
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

s_half9 Fold     
CLIOKID Raise  £4.00 £5.50 £95.00
MrBear Fold     
CRAZIACE Fold     
gerrard9 Call  £3.50 £9.00 £135.63
steva Call  £3.00 £12.00 £24.73
Flop

• K

gerrard9 Check     
steva Check     
CLIOKID Check     
Turn

gerrard9 Check     
steva Check     
CLIOKID Check     
River

gerrard9 Bet  £5.00 £17.00 £130.63
steva Fold     
CLIOKID Raise  £14.00 £31.00 £81.00
gerrard9 All-in  £130.63 £161.63 £0.00
CLIOKID Fold     
gerrard9 Show

gerrard9 Win  £159.83  £159.83

Comments

• edited January 2010
    How glad am I that I decided to check the turn to disguise my hand...!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: When a bad card = a good card!:
    How glad am I that I decided to check the turn to disguise my hand...!
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Excelent fold, can't be easy to fold that nut flush. Did you think the paired board had housed him up? or are you super good and put him on the straight flush?
  • edited January 2010

In Response to Re: When a bad card = a good card! : Excelent fold, can't be easy to fold that nut flush. Did you think the paired board had housed him up? or are you super good and put him on the straight flush?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    The only hand that I'm beating that does this is a bluff really...

I thought he had housed up but then I thought he would have led out if he'd flopped a set on that board.

I just didn't think he was going mental with the Qh or a stone cold bluff.

Took alot to fold considering I've been on tilt for about 2 months straight :(

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: When a bad card = a good card! : The only hand that I'm beating that does this is a bluff really... I thought he had housed up but then I thought he would have led out if he'd flopped a set on that board. I just didn't think he was going mental with the Qh or a stone cold bluff. Took alot to fold considering I've been on tilt for about 2 months straight :(
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Folding nut flush takes big cojones, clearly it was right decision.
  • edited January 2010

Y did u not C bet the flop?

How did u expect to get paid by "disguising" ur hand on the turn?

Gud fold on the river but auwul flop and turn play. - Surely u asked urself how u lost that hand?? If it all goes in on the turn and he hits his 1 outer, its bad luck. I cant believe how poorly u played this coz what r u expecting to pay u off?

Please explain ur thinking on each street? I know the oppo quite well so no comments on his past play neccessary....

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    He flopped a Flush DOHHHH so don't think he was going anywhere fast anyhow.

YEH THATS RIGHT, IVE WON MONEY NOW I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO PLAY *****!

Ha, im just kidding pal :) much love
  • edited January 2010
    nice fold gerrard is a nit the worse he would shove here is a fullhouse.
  • edited January 2010
    Y did u not C bet the flop? How did u expect to get paid by "disguising" ur hand on the turn?   Gud fold on the river but auwul flop and turn play. - Surely u asked urself how u lost that hand?? If it all goes in on the turn and he hits his 1 outer, its bad luck. I cant believe how poorly u played this coz what r u expecting to pay u off? Please explain ur thinking on each street? I know the oppo quite well so no comments on his past play neccessary.... DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I didn't bet the flop for 2 reasons:

1 - I think alot of the time you'd expect the Ah to bet, therefore if another heart drops the oppo wouldn't expect me to hold.

2 - I'm running so, so, so badly at the moment I didn't fancy playing another big pot on a draw and losing another packet.

The check on the turn was maybe questionable, I was just trying to play tricky and felt there was a good chance it would go bet and take the pot there and then - which I didn't want.

I know it's kind of warped logic but in the end it saved me (quite fortunately with the board pairing) as if I'd bet turn and get raised i'm shipping and losing stacks.

Also please note that the only stage in the hand that I was ahead was pre-flop.

I played the hand a bit too cutely (badly you may say), but there was reasoning behind.

• edited January 2010
    Nice fold but pretty poor play on both flop and turn IMO.  But yeah saved you a stack....

• edited January 2010
    Nice fold but pretty poor play on both flop and turn IMO.  But yeah saved you a stack....
    Posted by scotty77
    Just so everyone knows I wasn't posting this as a boast at a well played hand - it wasn't very well played.

It was just a post as I was cursing my luck when the board paired and I faced the action I got on the river when infact it was the best card that could have hit!!